It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Wanted the World To Fail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The following was my response to a recent thread...

"If I Wanted America To Fail" Video Goes Viral, Twitter Suspends Group's Website,

Unfortunately i wrote the initial response in a rush because i was on my way out at the time... littered with typos and mistakes... However, i still received positive feedback and encouragement to turn it into a thread of its own...

Thank you, to those who supported my stance on this issue.

So here it is with a little added extra...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If I wanted the world to fail …

To gasp, not breath, to wilt, not flourish, to die, not live.

I would start with energy.

I’d give the world a free-for-all approach to oil and energy. I’d alleviate any guilt people may suffer for the environmental destruction, caused by their power hungry lifestyles, by showering them with useless, but addictive, gadgets and gizmos which rely on these energy sources. Give them flash homes, flash cars, elevate the powerful few above the poor majority and make them feel special.

I’d make cheap energy expensive, so that expensive energy would seem cheap, by banning the production of devices that can help people generate their own clean and free energy, which would unshackle them from the chains of the corporate oil giants.

I would empower unelected bureaucrats to all-but-outlaw the world’s most abundant sources of energy such as solar, wind and wave. And after banning its use, I’d make it illegal for countries to ship it overseas.

I’d use our schools to teach one generation of kids that our factories and our cars cause no harm to the environment, and I’d muster a straight face as I stood in front of dying forests waving my hand while saying “move along, nothing to see here”

And when it’s cold out, I would yell “YOU SEE, THERE IS NO PROBLEM, A SNOW FLAKE HAS FALLEN”.

I’d imply that the world’s cities and factories could run on oil for eternity, with no consequences. I’d teach children how to ignore the hypocrisy of worrying about the environment without being prepared to make sacrifices. Teach them that unrestricted, unregulated, logging, mining and farming is the only reason they are alive. I would teach children that there is this amazing entity called the “free market” that is the only force in human history to uplift the poor, establish the middle class and create lasting prosperity. When in fact it is this very market that enslaves them.

I’d promote prosperity through greed and ignorance, so that they will feel that the world owes them!

I would teach the world to hang on to old regulations that have failed time and time again. I would turn people like Thomas Edison, Henry Ford and Steve Jobs into mini Gods for all to look up to in awe. I would make them mock and shun the truly great people of the world... the indigenous tribe’s people who have lived in harmony with the planet for millennia. I would teach them that these people are savages whose lives would be bettered by us stealing their resources to feed our hunger for energy.

I would ridicule as “Tree Huggers” those who urge us to lower energy costs by developing clean and cheap alternatives. And when the evangelists of commonsense try to remind people about sustainability, I’d enlist a sympathetic media to encourage people to cover their ears and make “la la” sounds.

I would empower corporate bureaucracies seated in distant offices to bully people out of their dreams and their property rights. I’d send federal agents to raid activists homes for daring to speak out; I’d make it illegal for homeowners to grow their own food or raise chickens under health regulations, while selling them mass produced crops full of chemicals.

I’d make it almost impossible for farmers to farm unless they were owned by a corporate giant that encourages monoculture techniques heavily reliant of big pharma.

And because I believe in free markets, I’d I would flood the world with cheap tat and tell them that owning this tat proves that their lives are a success. I’d convince people that this would create jobs and be good for the economy.

For every concern, I’d turn a blind eye, I’d ignore the evidence and tell people to look away when spotted owls disappear. And when everyone learned the stunning irony that the owls were a keystone creature whose demise causes an unstoppable environmental collapse—it would already be decades too late.

I’d make it easier to trade useless items all over the planet. Encourage people to ship their mass produced tat thousands of miles and encourage others to buy them because they are “cool” – I would package this tat in bright colours and give them silly logos and tell people to worship them and their creators.

edit on 28-4-2012 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I would transform the environmental agenda from a document of conservation to an economic suicide pact. I would use the excuse of “but they are doing it” to cover our own crimes. I’d convince people that individualism is the only way.

I would prey on the greed and dark traits of all humans. I would only need to convince them that all of this is for their own prosperity. I would encourage nationalism, racism and xenophobia, under the guise of patriotism, and shout down those who disagree calling them “traitors”

And when the people we stole from wave the begging bowl under our noses I would call them lazy and encourage others to shun them. Social Darwinism is to be the mantra of this failing world.

I would then convince people that I don’t exist.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

A thread on this topic is already available.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

~Tenth

top topics

join