It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity lasts because...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

Carry on in your chosen reality there is nothing that can be said or done that will change that, you win , die miserably . The people who have been clinically dead and have correctly told the doctors and nurses many things that were done to them and who was waiting outside of the hospital room while they were clinically dead were all wrong about afterlife and the soul .As a doctor surmised it was the path down the birth canal that was the white light . All of these people are utter fools as those that are successful at life and reverence God . Those that keep their jobs and women and still reverence God are idiots too . You are smarter than all of those millions of people that reverence God . You do have a problem with authority and it probably shows in every phase of you life . Christians have no problem with the authority of God .

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Is that a bad thing ?

damned silliness all around me thinks

anyways..the debil made me do it..honest..

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
reply to post by Murgatroid

From what I've read, Christianity and Islam are running neck-and-neck for the bloodiest religion award.
If you add up the other groups like Scientologists, Wiccans, Buddists etc...their legacy of destruction and killing doesn't come anywhere near that of the two biggies. And I'm not even going to mention Atheists and Agnostics who've never killed in the name of a non-god.

NOW I totally understand why some like Simonpeter are saying things like this: "Carry on in your chosen reality there is nothing that can be said or done that will change that, you win, die miserably "

I am tempted to join him BUT there is something seriously wrong with this picture and I would like to at least try to understand WHAT that is. It appears to me that what you are CALLING Christianity and what Christianity actually IS are two entirely different things. In case anyone is wondering, I despise religion like the plague that it is and advise everyone to not go near it. You are speaking of religion, I am NOT. I am repeating a few lines from what I have quoted:

"Sadly, some confuse religion with Jesus"

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati"

Honestly, do you believe that all those committing these murders you speak of were actually Christians? Maybe Simonpeter is correct, I am not sure. MY guess is that just like the vast majority of the people on this planet, you have been inundated by lies for so long that you actually believe them. Honestly NOT attempting to belittle or insult here, just looking for answers, that's all. To me it appears that what Atheists believe about real Christians is so far from reality, that it causes me to really wonder HOW can someone be SO deceived?

This quote will NEVER make sense to those who cannot separate religion from reality:

Nobody has died because of religion. When people "kill in the name of religion," they're actually going against what religion teaches.

A man could claim to be killing in the name of Mickey Mouse -- but that is a bad reflection on the man, not on Mickey Mouse.

Atheist Communist regimes, meanwhile, have killed over 100 million of their own people (and that's a conservative number) in just the last 100 years.

They didn't do it in the name of atheism, precisely, but their killing is not going against what atheism teaches. Because atheism, in essence, teaches nothing. Whenever atheism has been installed as the Official State Religion, the state in question has always given itself permission to do unspeakable things. Always.

When God is not, as Dostoyevsky wrote, anything is permitted.

Link

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Good title, I have always thought that the reason why it lasted so long is that Jesus was a true story and a true person.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Let me see if I get this right... Atheists are evil and have killed more people than any religion. I guess you're associating Stalin with Atheism, despite there being no "human sacrifices" For Atheism. Got ya.
All because Atheism was "the official state religion." Got ya. I guess a totalitarian regime WITH CHRISTIANITY would fix everything and be Paradise. It's about as sensible as saying that anyone in power with a bit of fur under the nose is Evil.

Next you'll say Hitler was an Atheist, the Crusades was a massive suicide pact, and witches burned themselves.

I'm on the side of reason and common sense. I don't need to believe in mystical bullsh!t to get fulfillment out of life, nor does any society Need to dance around ancient fairy stories to get their fix. So quit venerating mythical figures like it's the only way of life and anything less is a one-way trip to Satan's hole.

To quote T.J. Kincaid's three points...
The theist line of "reasoning" goes a bit like this:
1. The creator is on our side because our book of absolute truth says so, and we know our book is accurate because it says in our book of absolute truth that our creator said that our book of absolute truth is accurate.
2. The creator is the only barometer of morality in the universe.
3. Even if you disagree with us, shut your heathen mouth and follow our moral directives because those who don't believe in God have no right to criticize him or his followers.
How do you argue with this philosophy? I should also point out that The Book in Number 1 up there was written hundreds, if not thousands, of years ago by simple primitives without a hint of elementary science, so it's outright Wrong in many regards, with truths taken for granted today. That should be an automatic "red flag" wake-up call to modern man, but it generally isn't due to multi-generational brainwashing and that Need-to-Believe... Consequently, Number 2 is therefore totally dependant upon the contents of The Book, so that's a dead end. I'd just as well add a 4th, because this is where it hurts most:
4. Heathens/Infidels/Non-Believers/Skeptics/Atheists are not to be treated as equals. They may look Human on the outside but are Sub-Human and may lack souls. They deserve zero respect, should be looked down upon, are not deserving of equal pay or status, and their motives and business should always be questioned. There are but two options: Convert them or Condemn them. They range in status from "Bewildered Losers" to "Satanic-worshipping Evil-doers." In short: Beware! Now depending upon the place, the time, and the religion, the consequences can range from simple alienation to extermination. I'm sitting here in this category and believe me it's not fun.

edit on 16-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: shut the f000 up

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Carry on in your chosen reality there is nothing that can be said or done that will change that, you win , die miserably . The people who have been clinically dead and have correctly told the doctors and nurses many things that were done to them and who was waiting outside of the hospital room while they were clinically dead were all wrong about afterlife and the soul .As a doctor surmised it was the path down the birth canal that was the white light . All of these people are utter fools as those that are successful at life and reverence God . Those that keep their jobs and women and still reverence God are idiots too . You are smarter than all of those millions of people that reverence God . You do have a problem with authority and it probably shows in every phase of you life . Christians have no problem with the authority of God .

For a "loving god" he's quick to condemn me to "die miserably" eh. Oh, right, I HAVE TO WORSHIP HIM AND KISS HIS BIG INVISIBLE ASS, Fear Him, sing songs about Him, attend His church (I thought he was "everywhere"?), give Money to Him...etc. Then I'm OK with him, he's OK with me, and I get to live forever in Lala Land.

I see things differently. I see your god as Evil for Condemning people and prejudging them. Your god has this "my way or the highway (to hell)" attitude.

Let me put it this way, there is no reverence of god going on here despite what you say. The word you're looking for is Fear. There is a FEAR of God presented here. Fear of condemnation to hell unless you follow the great big book of rules which makes Christianity America's #1 mind-prison religion. Really. All religions (well, the Biggie ones I keep mentioning, I won't mess with Scientology) are all about Fear. Followers like to reword it and rework it. Say God is Loving and Loves you. God is Beautiful. Yeah, their god. You get the wrong one, the one of the opposition say, or No God At All--and it's WATCH THE HELLOUT! He's gonna come and kick you in the balls, take you down, make you and your family suffer via Forces of Nature (disease, plague, drought, lightning strikes--things which I would say have nothing to do with any deity and are explained by...Science)...until you finally Give In. Sounds like a kind of psychic slavery to me. Despite a separation of 2,000 years, Jesus and Jim Jones aren't all that unalike.

Near-death experiences are proof of BS. When people die, their senses die too, chemicals are released in the brain, etc. You'd might as well interview someone who's just had a psychedelic drug experience--or someone who just sobered up after overdrinking. NDE's have been artificially created in the lab, right alongside Alien Abduction Syndrome. They're both 100% Mental. But, you see, there's this great book out about a boy who went to heaven. It's a best-seller so it MUST BE TRUE. It completely blows my mind how ignorant the masses continue to be right up here in the 21st Century.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Probably didn't respect your Dad either .

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

I'm not even going to ask how you came to that conclusion. But if you want to drag my dead father into it, he was brought up with Christianity as was my mother. (Huh? What? That's right, SimonPeter, stunned you, didn't I? Didn't even have to set my phaser for it.). You see, both my parents came to realize as They were growing up that religion--particularly Christianity--was bunk. Just a lot of repeating mumbo-jumbo about a holy ghost and prayer. Then were put through the motions, the whole church-going deal. When I was raised I was exposed to a variety of beliefs and told, simply, "Choose!" I came to the same conclusion that ancient myth isn't reality. It would be like believing in Flat Earth Theory simply because my great-great-great-whever grandparents did. I think I've progressed since then, too bad we all haven't. Religion is a thing of the past, a crutch for people to cling to who can't face the harsh reality of this pathetic world and need to dwell on the Next world. And beg favors from invisible deities. Have any success with the power of prayer? Didn't think so. I won't even begin to debate the existence of JC nor how the religion came about decades (some would say centuries even) after the supposed nailing-up ceremony, nor how such a great guy couldn't have penned a single book by himself and had to rely on second and third account guys to relay the story (much, much later). As batting averages go, Plato's got JC beaten in spades.

But you guys don't need proof or facts, you've got Faith. That's all you need to believe. The masses Must be right, after all. You join them and they'll treat you right. Be a part of the crowd. And all those huge churches and weeping televangelists making money off Christianity. And visions of JC or the Virgin Mary in the most unlikely of places further substantiate it all. That's all You need.

All I need is to treat people decently as I expect them to treat me. A god didn't need to tell me that, that's being plain civil. I don't need Fear from some super-power guy to keep me in place either. I have something in my brain that's a fail-safe. It's called a conscience. Now the whole catch here is that I'm in the minority because I'm not into religion, so certain factions of religious people Treat Me in a sub-standard way. Some fear me, and many of them make sure others know so that They can fear me, too. I've been discriminated against in the job place, even. If you really want to get personal, women have turned me down because of my non-belief. Rapists and Gays are Atheists, or so they say... You could say that this society has the deck stacked against me.

Any questions about evil Atheism are answered here for you:
hatefulatheist.tumblr.com...
A rather entertaining, but truthful, site.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Like I said !!!!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Like others near and dear to me I will pray for you !

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Like others near and dear to me I will pray for you !

Do not waste your time or your breath on me. I've got a one-way trip to hell and nothing you can do will divert it.
Actually you should get together with your other fundamentalist buddies and do what you do best: make my miserable godless life more miserable. Because burning forever in hell just isn't long enough or good enough. That's the story of my life you know. Meet a girl, girl finds out I'm not into her belief system, girl dumps me. Guys at work realize I don't worship Christ or Allah, they start talking about me behind my back, next thing you know stories about me being a child-molester or devil-worshiper start spreading, and I'm the least-liked guy around. Next thing I hear: "Don't believe him. Don't trust him. But keep your Eyes on him, Just in case." Etc. That is the Christian way. That, as the topic says, is why Christianity lasts. If you're a part of it, it's all sunshine and lollipops. If you're not--WATCH OUT! It's one-way alienation street to the grave.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join