It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity lasts because...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

Why do I even Bother typing my ass off here? This will probably get deleted too! Unless TPTB at ATS are having a good day for a change!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

I'm not sure why you are getting deleted but , as for the people trying to bring about the end on their own it will not happen . The one man who might actually do this is a Major player in the battle called Gog and Magog of Ezekiel chapters 38 & 39 where Israel is attacked and crushed per Zachariah chapter 14 . His name is Ahmadinejad and he wants to create a world wide calamity to bring back his Mahdi the 12th IMAM .Now I believe he will succeed . As far as the Global Government scheme , the Rothschilds are said to be Satanist but I don't believe they are trying to bring about the end times . They are just trying to dominate the world and completely own it . They are without a clue fulfilling the plan of God and also keeping Christianity alive by fulfilling the prophecy of the endtimes .

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Depending on who you talk to around here, the Anti-Christ is either Obama or the Pope.

Personally, I don't put much faith in prophecies or scripture. And this end-of-the-world thing coming in December doesn't sound very reliable either. I think a lot of people who bought "Mayan Prophecy" books are going to feel cheated 7 or 8 months from now.

My stuff keeps getting deleted because it's either "off-topic" or they simply can't stand a little sarcasm or humor interjected into an otherwise dull thread. Maybe it's a combination of both, I dunno. Either way they like to classify it through simplistic pigeonholing as "trolling." If you ask me, these guys have too much time on their hands if they're so dedicated to "policing" message board threads like they're trying to uphold the law or something. This is why I'm afraid to ask you a simple, straightforward question, like "Why you're a Christian and not a Muslim?" because That would be interpreted as "trolling"--and off it goes! Or if I quote an actual Islamic belief from the Kuran, someone would misinterpret that as mocking Muslims...

I think I'll pour myself a drink, sit on the toilet, and leaf through the bible and see if anything divine happens...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Christianity as most religions lasts because it is indoctrinated into the populace from an early age instilling fear of punishment on a once extreme physical level and more prevalent today a spiritual one offering a salvation that doesn't exist from a hell that is a modern myth...it was and still is a very clever mind trick to play on the masses of any culture to maintain a powerful political and financial position by manipulating the fears and hopes of anyone susceptible to its little mind games abusing the innocents and easily persuaded into a thought meme that is artificial and heinous... for me all religious beliefs need to be educated against with sound scientific, philisophical and sociological arguments...but that does not mean to discourage any spiritual exploration of oneself and..well... everything....

Follow your own path of exploration forget the religious doctrines of lies... for a hand up and a start try looking into The God Theory by Bernard Haisch.. good luck and peace out

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by weaverre

Now if I said That it'd be called trolling.
'
'
edit on 12-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: too drunk to type straight

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I thought you didn't drink? And by the way the Mayan calender thing has nothing to do with the Bible prophecy . And the end of the world is at least 1007 years away from the beginning of the Great Tribulation . The Nibiru thing might have to do with the Mayan calender and would aptly explain the prophecy Isaiah 24 tells about where the earth orbit being upset or in Revelations the very great earth quakes the move mountains . The 10th planet some call Nibiru is supposed to have a 3600 year orbit around the sun . I think it's about due to pass through our solar system .

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Root beer.

Why do you place so much trust in the bible as opposed to other non-Christian scripture? There are other religions around the world you know, and they contain their own fair share of prophetic writings. For that matter, did you ever ask yourself where these ancient writers Got their "revelations" from in the first place?

Nibiru is strictly Sitchin's (mis)interpretation of the old tablets. The guy's made a bundle selling books turning Sumerian tales into space opera. If you don't believe me there are a number of websites out there which dismantle the whole translation process. The more I read, the less I trust Sitchin. A broken necklace he equates to be the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter...

edit on 13-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: Half asleep and too tired to think clearly on my feet even though I'm typing in an old chair.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The 1st name of the 10th planet was Sedna . This name has been changed to Xena thus planet X . It was thought to exist because of the other planets exhibiting an unseen gravitational effect . This planet passes through our solar system thus because of it's size causing major gravitational upheavals on earth and our solar system .
As for other religions you can have them .For you to have asked that question you haven't really examined any of them , including the Bible closely .As for me and mine we will serve the Lord .

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Was the 10th planet predicted in scripture somewhere?

I've read other religions. Islam has some rather dark connotations I don't like. Christianity though has an equally bloody history if you go back to the Crusades, or even more recently to witch burning. Both religions feature speaking animals in different parts. I don't believe those parts, so what else shouldn't I believe. The Greeks had an array of fun gods as did the Nordics. I think it's easier and more rational to do without All religions and stick to the here-and-now, and what we actually do know about the here-and-now.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

No Sedna was not named in the bible , but the possible effects of a planet 4X as large as Jupiter passing through our solar system dragging along with it a storm of meteorites for us to be hit with could be .
The Islamic religion was plagiarized from the Talmud which is not an inspired book of God .It is a man(fleshly) book of accommodation by the Jews . Still the Koran does reverence Jesus and tells of the Antichrist they call Dajjal that by coincidence is also eluded in the Bible as being Jewish . To superficially cruise through the bible with of course guidance from the Agnostic can not reveal to you the truth of the bible . But as for you I believe that the Bible is a major inconvenience and must be dealt with quickly . There is so much anti bible anti God information written that it is easy to by consensus conclude that the Bible is fiction . But then this is what you are looking for . Isn't it . You aren't necessarily looking for the truth but instead your truth favorable to you .

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Why do you place so much trust in the bible as opposed to other non-Christian scripture? There are other religions around the world you know, and they contain their own fair share of prophetic writings.

There are 28 books throughout human history that people claim to be from God. How do we know which one is from God? Only the Christian Holy Bible contains prophecy (foretelling of the future) that has NEVER missed. God tells us, if what the prophet says doesn't come true, he did not speak it. The reason why prophecy is an indication of the divine authorship of the scriptures, is because of the minute probability of fulfillment. This post earlier in the thread goes into more detail on this.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

The Christian Bible never missed on foretelling the future?
You mean it keeps specific future dates so vague that they can be infinitely moved up into the future...

OK. I'll take your word on that one.

Like with Earth being just 6,000 years old and all...

I guess the Hindus, Muslims, Scientologists etc...have the Wrong god or, what's the old standby, they're really worshiping Satan but don't know it. So in either case they're going to burn in hell forever for this fatal error.
All Atheists, I understand, instantly fall into the condemned-for-all-eternity category.

Personally, when it comes to seers I liked to read Edgar Cayce's stuff.
At least he put on a good show.

edit on 14-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: Captain's Log, Supplemental...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

The Christian Bible never missed on foretelling the future?
You mean it keeps specific future dates so vague that they can be infinitely moved up into the future..

No, actually I meant future dates so vague that the chances of them being fulfilled are 1 in 10 to the 157 power:

"...what's the likelihood of a person predicting today the exact city in which the birth of a future leader would take place, well into the 21st century? This is indeed what the prophet Micah did 700 years before the Messiah. Further, what is the likelihood of predicting the precise manner of death that a new, unknown religious leader would experience, a thousand years from now - a manner of death presently unknown, and to remain unknown for hundreds of years? Yet, this is what David did in 1000 B.C.

Again, what is the likelihood of predicting the specific date of the appearance of some great future leader, hundreds of years in advance? This is what Daniel did, 530 years before Christ. ...Indeed, it may be possible for someone to fake one or two of the Messianic prophecies, but it would be impossible for any one person to arrange and fulfill all of these prophecies." LINK

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Even 'if' biblical prophecies were to come true, that does not mean that it is happening because of a god, nor does it mean that the prophecy was revealed by a god.

I hope people realize that there are Christians in the government working to fulfill these prophecies because they believe that "Jesus" will return. It is a self fulfilling prophecy.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yeah, I think this was the thread where I posted up that "Channeling Satan" gag describing visions of the Apocalypse and how Satan is more powerful than Jesus...

The whole thing was deleted, probably for being inappropriate and insulting or for "trolling" B.S. (Like on Armageddon's Eve: Koreans really will turn into Toads and Blacks will turn into Gorillas to serve Satan! Not to mention flying skulls, bodies of water turning to blood, burning crosses, cries of aborted babies, and Marilyn Manson sprouting wings!).

I received at least one private message though from someone who believed it was real or at least partially real and wanted more insight into how and where it came to be...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

We all tend to forge our own realities don't we . In your reality and those like you what you do is right and any opposition is wrong . You could not exist as you do in a world where a superior authority could condemn your actions .
These so called vague dates can't be understood by those who really don't want to know anyway . So don't trouble yourselves with that . You people will see whats happening very soon , but even then you will seek other reasons for the convergence of these vague prophecies that are spelling disaster for your life . Ironically that time will favor your life rather than mine for a time . You will take the Mark of the Beast or RFID ( Verichip) and you are done .
You will remember these conversations in time and realize your error too late . But for now party on !

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I doubt you really know whats going on in government > This NWO bunch is not christian .

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

"Superior authorities" have been condemning my actions for many years. The thing is, they're usually fat, overpaid guys in suits who sit behind desks. One of them robbed me of my last job. Another robbed me of my career. Others, of "less superiority" have robbed me of women throughout my life (mainly because they held and flaunted wealth, and women are suckers for that crap). While, on the other hand, I know you have some big invisible guy in the sky in mind instead, which ties in directly with this thread. I just don't see his invisible strings controlling my so-called destiny. Jesus also doesn't run an infallible dating service or job placement service, either. On the other hand, maybe Allah does since his supporters have the option of holding multiple wives... Then again, maybe Satanists do too, I really don't know.

But let's say Doomsday comes tomorrow... Because you are a devote Christian, I suppose you'll tell me you've got it made. Jesus will provide for you and all that. Somehow, I think, if we're all granted slow and painful deaths from starvation or radiation poisoning, that you won't fare any better than me.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Why do you place so much trust in the bible as opposed to other non-Christian scripture? There are other religions around the world you know, and they contain their own fair share of prophetic writings.

There are ONLY two religious systems in the world. Satan controls one, the other belongs to Jesus. Jesus is the ONLY way to God. John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.” You can only achieve what you were called to do when you connect with the living God and Satan will do everything he can to stop that from happening.

Organized religion is THE deception

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated organized religion. Link

Satan's most effective method of seducing men and women to yield to his control over them is via a religious system. Link

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

"Organized religion is THE deception that keeps us in fear of God and rejecting his grace. Religion keeps you from knowing God and keeps you blind as to what God is really like! Sadly, some confuse religion with Jesus, and walk away from them both, God and religion are separate entities that get intertwined together by man. ALL pagan religions are controlled by Satan! The elite created religion as a tool for control with a hidden agenda that aims to blind and misguide you away from the truth."

"...religion keeps you from knowing God and keeps you blind as to what God is really like! All religious leaders are raised up by Jesus' arch enemy, satan! Link

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda. They maintain the climate of unquestioning, unthinking, ignorance, and their pseudo-morality provides a veil of hypocrisy, behind which the most sickening abuse of children can be hidden."

"Some of the most famous church "leaders" and evangelists on the planet are Illuminati operatives who use religion to manipulate and brain-wash their followers while engaging in Satanic rituals that beggar belief."

"But the mass of unthinking followers in any religion are merely the fodder and the screen behind which the real business goes on." Link

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Satan controls one, Jesus the other...okay.

Strangely enough, other religions say the same thing but placing Jesus in Satan's grasp. Maybe the horned guy takes turns.

From what I've read, Christianity and Islam are running neck-and-neck for the bloodiest religion award.
If you add up the other groups like Scientologists, Wiccans, Buddists etc...their legacy of destruction and killing doesn't come anywhere near that of the two biggies. And I'm not even going to mention Atheists and Agnostics who've never killed in the name of a non-god.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join