It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity lasts because...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

In reality we are incapable of stopping it . They are afraid of us and our numbers if we become really agitated . Before all they had to do is leave France but now the whole world could be after them . I'm sure that they are owners of deep underground bunkers to wait out the fall of society if necessary .
If we riot they will send in the goons . If the world riots they will hide and communicate to their henchmen to do their bidding . If the world falls into total economic chaos many hundreds of millions will die and the people will be open for anything to reinstate their lives . If we do nothing they will slowly choke the life out of us .
We have focused on work and our daily worries all the time while they have been working on enslaving us and culling the population .They have the money to make it happen .
The one thing I have done is to do is make my piece with the Lord . We are all going to die , we ain't going to get off this rock alive . I don't know if you have ever looked at the video < Endgames> by Alex Jones but it uses old video clips of our esteemed leaders to prove the content that he presents as well as News Paper Headlines . He pretty much proves out his content . It's a good look at where we are now .

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Uh. Make peace with the Lord. Is this the best advice you can give?

I would've at least expected: "Buy gold, buy guns, stock up on ammo and foods, follow the ways of the Bible Belters."

George Noorey and Alex Jones stuff I've kinda grown out of. I've found Coast-toCoast AM entertaining for a while but it just never went anywhere. People screaming Doomsday's tomorrow and then tomorrow passes and they recalculate over and over again.

One guy would come on claiming that Atlantis was found near Florida (and Edgar Cayce lives). Another guy would come on claiming Atlantis was found in Harlem (and Blacks are the True descendants of Atlantis). Another guy would come on claiming Atlantis was all a pipe-dream by Plato, an allegory, sort of a proto-Evil Empire Star Wars story. Another guy would come on and claim Atlantis was a code-name for an ancient starship better known as the Great Pyramid of Giza...

More entertaining than factual, believable, or useful.
But sometimes we just have to live in the real world and stare facts in the face.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Yes I guess thats pretty much it . There will always be crackpots like Camping , Jim Jones some scientist included but you know that things are coming to a cataclysmic end of reality as we now know it . The future will be less than sunny for the most part unless you are one of the elite .Of course either of us could expire before anything happens .
But until that time me and mine will serve the Lord . We all serve something religiously . Alcohol , drugs , the glitter of the world , pride and vanity , fast cars fast women or money .

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Hmm. Well, if the Lord your serve is so great, why does he permit our suffering and the Elites to thrive through our hard labor? Taking that question a step further, how can you therefore be certain that you serve the correct or real Lord? For all you know, this might be the Lord of the Elites...since he apparently does favor them.

Yes, I get off on these lines of reasoning. Though I usually focus on the ET hypothesis or ancient civilizations. More tangible unknowns.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Why do we play games ? Why do we take test ? If we are made in Gods image then we must share some of our same properties . God does what he does for his pleasure just like you . He said there is nothing new under the sun . Does that make you feel like a crop from which he will harvest the wheat and leave the chaff . That is answered in the bible . Why not uproot the tares , because you will uproot the wheat also .You do not believe but your seed might . I can't explain the wisdom of God . You can't for certain prove a Godless creation which means you are still unable to completely resolve the issue . It's the only game in town and you are a player on one side or the other .

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

OP the first two responses had alot of laughing in it. Were you trying to make a point or mock us? I say the latter. God would never put a time and date on anything because of the souls that needed to be proved. if there was a specific date on everything; many souls would be phony and wait till the exact time and live life in sins ect... never looking for any signs.

That's not how God works; however, God gives certain hints to whats coming.

In the NT we read: "unless those days had not been shortened no human flesh would be saved" seeming to indicate maybe nuclear warheads.

many saints predicted the spread of technology throughout the world; the creation of comupters; a mass global communication in an instant from one part of the world to another has all been prophecied. Saint predicted that America would rise to be the great nation of the end times before it was even formed.

and see people who read this; you can always tel where someones sincerity lies in the way they write. the OP put alot of mocking overtones in his stuff....

peace.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
...there are no dates for when its prophecies based in the bible are supposed to happen.
If prophecies are real, then why be so vague? Why not be SPECIFIC?

Are we talking about the SAME book here? This is anything BUT vague:

"There are 456 OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT PROPHECIES about the Messiah that were fulfilled by the life of Jesus Christ. The Bible has many that were written thousands of years before Jesus was born! Precise, detailed prophecies such as; where He would be born (Micah 5:2), how He would be born, (Isaiah 7:14) how He would die (Psalm 34:20), etc. And history has PROVEN, without ANY doubt whatsoever, they were fulfilled EXACTLY as the Bible had prophesied, hundreds of years earlier!"

The chances of just 48 out of the 456 prophecies being fulfilled in one person are 1 in 10 to the 157 power.

That's — 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,

"According to Emile Borel, once one goes past one chance in 10^50, the probabilities are so small that it is impossible to think that they will ever occur..." LINK

"...what's the likelihood of a person predicting today the exact city in which the birth of a future leader would take place, well into the 21st century? This is indeed what the prophet Micah did 700 years before the Messiah. Further, what is the likelihood of predicting the precise manner of death that a new, unknown religious leader would experience, a thousand years from now - a manner of death presently unknown, and to remain unknown for hundreds of years? Yet, this is what David did in 1000 B.C.

Again, what is the likelihood of predicting the specific date of the appearance of some great future leader, hundreds of years in advance? This is what Daniel did, 530 years before Christ. ...Indeed, it may be possible for someone to fake one or two of the Messianic prophecies, but it would be impossible for any one person to arrange and fulfill all of these prophecies." LINK

"Any man who rejects Christ as the Son of God is rejecting a fact, proved perhaps more absolutely than any other fact in the world. God so thoroughly vindicated Jesus Christ that even mathematicians and statisticians, who were without faith, had to acknowledge that it is scientifically impossible to deny that Jesus is the Christ."

Christianity lasts because...
Bingo! Yahtzee! Is that your final answer? Our survey says... He is GOD!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
Hmm. Well, if the Lord your serve is so great, why does he permit our suffering...

You answered your own question: "Well, if the Lord your serve is so great..."

Maybe HE is wondering the SAME thing about YOU:

GOD: "If CaptainLJB is so great WHY does HE permit suffering?"
Answer: SIN...

Sin causes people to reject the wisdom and advice of God to be wise, unselfish, loving, and helpful.

That thing they say about crime not paying is another LIE...

“For the WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH.” (Romans 6:23)"

"And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the days of the coming of the Son of Man:were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying and giving in marriage,until the day Noah entered the Ark and the flood came and destroyed them all.It was the same as happened in the days of Lot..."

"Jesus warned us that the end of days would be just as it was in the time leading up to the flood and also as in the last days of Sodom and Gommorah.

Unfortunately we have arrived at the place Jesus warned of, the very days of Noah and Lot, the days of the coming of the Son of Man. it is time to get right with God, to confess that we are sinners and to call upon Him for mercy and forgiveness through the blood of Jesus. "Whosoever will call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" LINK

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Why do we play games ? Why do we take test ? If we are made in Gods image then we must share some of our same properties . God does what he does for his pleasure just like you . He said there is nothing new under the sun . Does that make you feel like a crop from which he will harvest the wheat and leave the chaff . That is answered in the bible . Why not uproot the tares , because you will uproot the wheat also .You do not believe but your seed might . I can't explain the wisdom of God . You can't for certain prove a Godless creation which means you are still unable to completely resolve the issue . It's the only game in town and you are a player on one side or the other .

Games and a test? Sounds rather malevolent to me... You'd think this god-person would have something better to do than poke at ant hills.

Okay, let's take the test angle. If some of us are born into rich families (who don't have to work and can sit on their asses all day) while others are born into poor families (who have to fight just to feed themselves, much less advance to become anything in society)... It's Not A Fair Test. Period.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I supposed that you questioned your father when he said you can't have something that you had to have as a child and so did your child question you . The child must have really wondered why the other kids had it all but not them . It wasn't fair , the dad was bad , wrong and unconcerned . It wouldn't matter if God came down and tried to explain to you the child why he does what he does you have made up your mind .

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It seems many of you refuse to see who Jesus really is and what Christianity truly is, because of other so-called Christians.

I don't let those who are religious hypocrites deter me from looking at the non-hypocrite Christ. I'm not going to let any hypocrite stop me from growing.

Who is Jesus according to the Bible? Not what others say who Jesus is, but what does the Bible say? Opinions of man are opinions. Philosophies of man are philosophies.... but what does the word of God say?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance." —Albert Einstein

(Proverbs 18:13) "He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him."

You'll spend hours upon hours tickling your ears by researching conspiracy theories and new age philosophies, but you won't spend five minutes on what the Bible says about something. What a shame! "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil"

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by netgamer7k
It seems many of you refuse to see who Jesus really is and what Christianity truly is, because of other so-called Christians.

Keyword: REFUSE...

“Out of 100 men, one will read the Bible, the other 99 will read the Christian.” ~ D.L. Moody

"You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep." ~ Navajo Proverb

God says, "I'm bringing judgment because they refuse to listen." ~ Anton Sawyer

edit on 6-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Here's a challenge then to all you theists out there (Christian or otherwise):

If you can make your deity (Jesus, Allah, Zeus, the Flying Spaghetti Monster etc.) appear before me now, I'll renounce Atheism and worship him/her/it.

In fact, should he/she/it be too busy (out healing the sick, punishing the evil-doers etc.) I'll give you 24 hours to do it.

See you tomorrow at this time...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
If you can make your deity (Jesus, Allah, Zeus, the Flying Spaghetti Monster etc.) appear before me now, I'll renounce Atheism and worship him/her/it.

Fire off a U2U to Aladdin, he can help you:

Seriously, God actually DID that for someone once:

"You asked to see me..."

edit on 6-5-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Out of those 99 out of a 100 that will not read the bible most have 2nd hand information that the bible is nonsense and has been compromised . They also read out of context some scripture others miss interpret . Still out of the 99 none can offer a viable answer for the existence of life on earth . But they are all authorities on the bible .

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Wow. What a night. The following is a summary of my strange, life-changing experiences last night, to be preserved for posterity.

I had very little sleep.
There were Forces Happening in the Universe beyond my comprehension.
Thunder and lightning shook the house. Voices from out there. Surely a sign. Strange lights from outside the house entered the inside. Not just lightning. It was as though dozens of deities--hundred perhaps--from just as many religious doctrines were battling one another for my unerring commitment to them. Peering through windows I tried to make out whom or what I was dealing with.

Perhaps even Satanic forces?It was Dark, even with the flashes of lightning bolts overhead.
I could not be certain but I thought I gazed into the face of a tall giant being with a hammer--I can only assume this to be the personification of the Norse god Thor! The only other possibility was that it was a hoodlum juggling a beer can which looked like a hammer. Others out there wore various hoods and elaborate headgear and trappings of styles long past. Or maybe it was just a street gang of juvenile punks? No. This Meant something. It meant that for so many deities to fight one another that I Had A Destiny! It also logically had to mean that I had a soul Worth fighting for. I don't mean like a soul the size of a slug's bead of crap, but a Decent-sized soul...

My belly wasn't feeling right, probably from too much junk food. So I headed to the bathroom. I sensed an Entity within, but when I switched on the lights no one was there! I recalled reading about Islamic beliefs of Satan or his demons living near or around toilets and outhouses. I pushed the thought from my mind! I dropped my pants and sat on the toilet hoping to relieve myself and my belly problems. My sole intent was to leave a--as my name suggests--Captain's Log in the bowl...

As I sat there, pushing so hard... A light appeared before me. Then an image formed. The man wore a simple robe, had a beard, there were bloody, torn Holes in his hands! At first I thought it was Obi-Wan Kenobi from Star Wars--not the Alec Guiness version with the grey beard, but the Prequel Obi-Wan. Nah, wasn't quite right, didn't have a lightsaber. Didn't even have a Belt to hang it off of... I equally dismissed it to be L. Ron Hubbard. The Lord of Scientology? Too bad, I loved his "Mission Earth" series and "Dianetics" but this guy was bearded.

It was Jesus Christ Himself! He spoke to me in an odd, outdated 2,000 year old Hebrewic language which I hadn't a Clue about understanding. Yet I understood it as though he spoke modern English.
He took my hand and said, "All is forgiven, my son."
Right then and there I swore allegiance To Him!
I was a frigging Fool to Not Believe. Though I had thought maybe Allah would have been the victor outside my door. I mean, after all, Allah made 9/11 possible for the Taliban. Obviously Allah had beaten Jesus or overpowered him. Or, I thought, perhaps Jesus during that crucial 9/11 moment was in the same position I was in Right Now: on the toilet! Too bad, for converting to Islam would've allowed me to have multiple wives at once--and everyone knows that sex is a great thing in Muhammad's Heaven.

As I pondered these strange thoughts, Jesus walked right through the wall--right through the toilet paper roll! I opened my eyes and I came to realize that I must have fallen asleep trying to take a sh!t, that I had only dreamt Jesus coming for me.

No. I refused to believe it was a dream. This was Real. It Happened.
So I rushed back to my computer and became a member of the Landover Baptist Church: www.landoverbaptist.org...

These are the True Christians who have been serving the Lord since the 1600's. Their victories over the forces of Satan are legendary.

Tomorrow I will be baptized.

Praise The Lord!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I can see you don't have a drinking problem . No problem at all .You can get all you want !

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

That's right. I don't drink, I don't smoke, and the only drugs I take are prescribed by my doctor (for blood pressure and triglycerides).

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

My apologies for the assumption ! Usually there is something much like that to be a stumbling block .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join