It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity lasts because...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel
funny thing is, Science is regularly wrong. When has the bible been wrong?

deny ignorance

Where is the proof none of the Bible is wrong?

Kind of hard to prove most of the Bible either way. Can you even prove the Bible is the word of God, or that Jesus was his son? No you can't.

Science is ever evolving, we are Human, we get things wrong sometimes. Should we really stop science, and base everything on a 2000 year old book? Does that book tell us how to make computers so we can deny your ignorance on ATS? The Bible is simply ancient science, we have evolved, well some of us have.

If it wasn't for science we'd still be crucifying people, and believing in imaginary gods. Oh wait...

edit on 4/28/2012 by ANOK because: we still do

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

I will ask you a question . If the bible does not offer credible answers about life
, then explain how all life started considering that every living cell contains DNA . DNA does not occur randomly on what was a red hot sterile rock . Space contains deadly radiation and forbidding temperatures not to speak of countless light years at the speed of light to traverse space from another such forbidding place . The science world has tried to offer Abigenesis as a solution which does not answer the question either . When science can answer that question then they can challenge the bible . Can you answer it ?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

It cannot be proven right, or wrong. It can, however, be proven to be Edited by a Pagan deep into the Occult. Click the link in my signature, and learn.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by ANOK

It cannot be proven right, or wrong. It can, however, be proven to be Edited by a Pagan deep into the Occult. Click the link in my signature, and learn.

I have no doubt it's been edited, I don't understand your point in light of what I said?

My point was the Bible can not be proven to be true as the poster claimed.

Learn what? What I already know?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

How long can a religion last?

Answer : As long as God wills it.

Ever found it strange that Jesus..... who didn't have an empire or an army is remembered even after 2000 years?

Name ONE atheist from 2000 years ago....who made an impact on people today. What were his teachings? What was his status when he lived? Who remembers him today?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

You are blinded by your religious faith my friend

Here's an atheist that is 2500 years old, who had neither an empire nor army and is still remembered today;

His name was Confucius

Source

edit on 29-4-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

Nothing is known about Confucius ' religious beliefs...

From wiki:

though Confucius the man may have been a believer in Chinese folk religion, Confucianism as an ideology is humanistic and non-theistic, and does not involve a belief in the supernatural or in a personal god.

Jesus' teachings such as "love your enemy" and such does not involve a deity. Its very possible to teach good outside a theistic context.

edit on 29-4-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

If you read his teaching you would know his influences were based on "ethics" and not "religious beliefs". It's very safe to assume he was not a religious person even if as you say nothing is known. His work/legacy speaks volumes even if you don't want to believe as he never preached any religion. instead he emphasized personal and governmental morality, correctness of social relationships, justice, and sincerity...I understand your frustration and attempt to reach at straws, no one likes their religion to be minimized even if their statements are inaccurate.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If you read his teaching you would know his influences were based on "ethics" and not "religious beliefs".

I didn't dispute anything about his teachings.

But what did your source mention about Confucius being an "atheist that is 2500 years old,"....as you stated earlier? here

Also, if you can show me where Confucius declared he was an atheist... I might be interested in reading more.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Still reaching at straws I see....I'll play along anyways;

Confucius was alive from 551 BC to 479 BC....from current day to the time when he was alive would be 2500+ years. Confucius would not have used the word "atheist" in any of his dialogue because the term wasn't invented/used until the 18th century (1701 - 1800) for the first time in opposition to theists but that wouldn't minimize once again that his teachings/beliefs were based on "ethics" and not "religious beliefs".

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Still reaching at straws I see....I'll play along anyways;

No... I'm genuinely interested in knowing how you gathered that Confucius was an ""atheist that is 2500 years old" ....as you state earlier.

I mean... did Confucius ever declare a non-belief in God? That is what I'd like to know.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Christianity lasts because...

in my personal opinion it is very simple, not complex the answer to your riddle.

*Because it is the Truth...

Truth is a Love Eternal

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Your will to defend your religious beliefs still blind you from the obvious clarity of my explanations.
He wouldn't have denounced your God because your God hadn't been created by man until 479 years after Confucius died. Confucianism is still being studied and applied till this day without any context of religion, making his teaching/influence 2500+ years old.

You should really try to expand your knowledge of the world around you by not only posting in the religious forums.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
...there are no dates for when its prophecies based in the bible are supposed to happen.

How long can a religion last?

Think about it.

If prophecies came with dates, the world would have gotten over so-called holy books, if nothing of the prophecy came true.

If nothing can stop a prophecy, then why not state a time when?

Ha! You guys are too smart than to remain believing some book men wrote long ago.

Bible had vague things so that it would ALMOST APPEAR TO BE that things written in it were coming true.

If prophecies are real, then why be so vague? Why not be SPECIFIC?

Haha! Again, you guys are way too smart to be suckers to books deemed holy by people long ago.

In my eyes church failed first... Followed by religion... Followed by all so-called holy books.

But what do you truely think? The mind was truely designed to be lead astray.

Just my perspective, but this verse seems pretty spot on. I don't see anything ambiguous in this verse.

2 Timothy 3:3-5
3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

If you can't see that this is what has happened to the world than I imagine your just not paying attention. Even the church is filled with corruption.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Except for the fact that the Bible doesn't say anyone goes to heaven or hell when they die. Any time anything is even remotely hinted at that way, its either a parable or a metaphor. For example the souls near the altar in Revelation crying out, are crying out as Abel's blood was crying out. The Bible says of death:

Psalm 146:4 "His breath goes forth, he returns to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish."

Ecclesiastes 9:5
"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."

Psalm 13:3 "Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;"

Psalm 115:17 : "The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence. "

Another example is if Jesus really meant that the thief would be with Him in Paradise that day, then why would the thief first say:

Luke 23:42 "And he said unto Jesus, Lord, REMEMBER ME when thou comest into thy kingdom."

Then Christ says to Mary Magdalene :

John 20:17 "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I AM NOT YET ASCENDED TO MY FATHER: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

If He had not yet ascended to His Father, then what was he saying to the thief when he said:

Luke 23:43"And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

Remember tales of life after death are more from Greek Mythology and the Pagan Mysteries and the Ancient Mystery Religion, than from the Bible. Catholicism had corrupted the minds of men in the Dark Ages.

I say unto thee today was a common Jewish idiom for emphasis. Because of one comma, the whole meaning can be changed.

For example: A woman, without her man, is nothing.
A woman: without her, man is nothing.

In the original 1611 King James Bible there was no punctuation and it is said likewise in the Greek.
Also we must remember that no man has ascended to the Third Heaven. (Paul said of this either in the spirit as in a vision or in the body he did not know in reference the man and paradise but that's not what I'm referring to here)

John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven."

Elijah was transported to the first heaven in a fiery chariot. Then later on he writes a letter in the book of 2 Chronicles to the king. Now even if chronologically this was still at a time when Elijah was in the office of prophet, it doesn't change the fact that Elijah is also more of an office and title passed on. John the Baptist was not the literal Elijah. Elisha received his mantle, and his office was passed on. So the mantle of Elijah will again rest upon a future prophetic ministry during the reign of the Antichrist and the One World System. Perhaps the best evidence of people not going directly to heaven or hell when they die is found in the book of Hebrews

Hebrews 11:13 "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city. "

Hebrews 11:40 "God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect."

The Old Testament saints are also going to be raised at the same time as everyone else in perfect glorified bodies.

Seems the same misunderstanding is applied to the idea of a Pre Tribulation Rapture, when in fact the armies of heaven are the ones with Christ at His Second Coming, not His Raptured believers. So I think I have made a fair case in presenting these things to you. Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is soon to come. Yet before that Antichrists Atlantis type 10 King One World Order of the Ages will be here.

edit on 29-4-2012 by yahushuasaves because: addition

edit on 29-4-2012 by yahushuasaves because: Addition

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The problems with Christianity is partly the book is too complicated and makes much use of allegory, which confuses the simple literal mind.

The Major problem with Christianty is that those that read only one book make themselves into the functional illiterate class of the unlearned. One has to read from many books to learn the issues of those times of old and what they were talking about and their modes for expression.

When one dares read the rest of history for these periods, one finds things like Greek medicines and the issues of Myrrh, which was the effect that brought Lazarus back from near death and why Jesus had returned to do some more healing for his friend.

Christians are told to only look in one book, and this breeds a huge level of self imposed ignorance that leads them into major errors of interpretation.

Christianity lives in its current invalid form via pure and near absolute ignorance, and rejection of higher learning.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Hi. I am only asking you for proof that Confucius was an "atheist that is 2500 years old".... ?
as YOU claimed in in this post.

Anytime you want to substantiate YOUR claim that Confucius lacked belief in a dety...please let me know.

Till then... take care.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by yahushuasaves

Not sure how any of the gibberish you presented has anything to do with anything I posted

*Face to palm*

I have substantiated my claim several times in my previous posts.

It's not my fault you are unable to comprehend my explanation either through your blind religious beliefs or your lack of comprehension in the English language.

In the end it doesn't matter what I say or present, you will always believe that you are "right" because you aren't interested in anything but promoting your bias religious agenda (as seen through your post history).

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Well said, and well, true. History always bears it out, the whole truth of the matter, and not just a portion of it. But, as you said, Christians are ordered not to read into any Satan inspired books, such as History, or Science, or Philosophy.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by CaptainLJB

I will ask you a question . If the bible does not offer credible answers about life
, then explain how all life started considering that every living cell contains DNA . DNA does not occur randomly on what was a red hot sterile rock . Space contains deadly radiation and forbidding temperatures not to speak of countless light years at the speed of light to traverse space from another such forbidding place . The science world has tried to offer Abigenesis as a solution which does not answer the question either . When science can answer that question then they can challenge the bible . Can you answer it ?

Let me get this straight... Because science does not have all the answers, we should ditch it because it's "wrong" and we should all just embrace The Bible as God's word and live happily ever after...

Complex organisms evolve from simpler organisms. The existence of simpler organisms alone does not require an intelligent maker. Well, this has been beaten to death over the years. Let me just point you to a link called Transpermia users.tpg.com.au... and leave it at that because you have your beliefs and I have mine. And this thread isn't about Science vs. Scripture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join