It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity lasts because...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
...there are no dates for when its prophecies based in the bible are supposed to happen.

How long can a religion last?

Think about it.

If prophecies came with dates, the world would have gotten over so-called holy books, if nothing of the prophecy came true.

If nothing can stop a prophecy, then why not state a time when?

Ha! You guys are too smart than to remain believing some book men wrote long ago.

Bible had vague things so that it would ALMOST APPEAR TO BE that things written in it were coming true.

If prophecies are real, then why be so vague? Why not be SPECIFIC?

Haha! Again, you guys are way too smart to be suckers to books deemed holy by people long ago.

In my eyes church failed first... Followed by religion... Followed by all so-called holy books.

But what do you truely think? The mind was truely designed to be lead astray.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The bible is written by MAN, inspired by MAN, edited by MAN, peddled by MAN, and believed by FOOLS. Fools who refuse to research its true origins and MINDLESSLY have "faith" in it.

Those who believe that the bible is inspired by "god" must believe that the Piso family is god!

A sick twisted book full contradictions, absurdities, and nonsense. A book containing beliefs of old that modern science reveals to be completely WRONG without a SHRED of doubt.

YET we still have FOOLS in the year 2012 who take that fairy-tale book as something directly inspired by a higher power.

As if any real "god" or higher power needs to have a book written when he/she/it, being "all powerful" can just SHOW us, or in a sense communicate with us, directly through real life experiences.

The answer is NOT in a book, but in REAL LIFE experiences. C'MON religious folks, time to evolve a bit!!

edit on 28-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Not only that but there is a threat of eternal torture for leaving.
God loves you so much and wants you to not burn forever but if you will he will throw you to hell which he himself created.

I think that is the real reason people stay because of fear.

Think about it, when do most people become Christian? When they are scared of dying and don't know what is in the after life... when they feel that they are living a "wrong" life and believe that they will be "judge". Most of them that convert do it through fear.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Religious books such as the Bible, Quran etc are fairy tail stories for adults - They find comfort and solace in fiction to make them feel supreme.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

...there are no dates for when its prophecies based in the bible are supposed to happen. How long can a religion last? Think about it.

I am not a Christian because of prophecies. In fact, I am the only one of my Christian friends that even thinks about coming to websites like ATS. Most don't have any urge to walk into a cesspool party where one's faith immediately becomes the playtoy of complete strangers.

I am a Christian because I have faith in Christ and the life He lived as an example to mankind. I understand that this is a personal choice so... I won't militarize the subject against nonbelievers. Our life paths are our personal choices.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Religion last so long because it is pounded into your belief system at a very early age. Fear is another major factor in religion. If you sin you go to hell, punished for eternity. How do you know if it's true or false? If it's pounded into your mind over and over you would rather not risk finding out if hell is real. Heaven sounds much much better. No pain, pure happiness.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
The bible is written by MAN, inspired by MAN, edited by MAN, peddled by MAN, and believed by FOOLS. Fools who refuse to research its true origins and MINDLESSLY have "faith" in it.

Those who believe that the bible is inspired by "god" must believe that the Piso family is god!

A sick twisted book full contradictions, absurdities, and nonsense. A book containing beliefs of old that modern science reveals to be completely WRONG without a SHRED of doubt.

...YET we still have FOOLS in the year 2012 who take that fairy-tale book as something directly inspired by a higher power.

As if any real "god" or higher power needs to have a book written when he/she/it, being "all powerful" can just communicate directly with us through real life experiences.
edit on 28-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Just about sums up my beliefs to a tee.

Christians do not comprehend the folly of their ways. They believe that God loves us all, but anyone whose beliefs differ from that of the Edited Holy Bible will be punished by an eternal afterlife of fire. It just doesn't add up for me.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If you're only reason for being religious is because of prophecies, you might as well not be religious more than likely.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by denya11
If you sin you go to hell, punished for eternity. How do you know if it's true or false? If it's pounded into your mind over and over you would rather not risk finding out if hell is real. Heaven sounds much much better. No pain, pure happiness.

It's a question of right and wrong... and a reminder that there are always consequences for our actions. This runs contrary to those today who wish to do as they please with no responsibility. And since Christianity is right there with all the ancient texts of heaven and hell, what a better place to start relieving one's self of said responsibility.

Maybe there is no heaven and no hell. If this is the case, do as you please and so long as you don't break man's laws, you'll live your life without a care to anything or anyone you hurt along the way. But if there IS a heaven and hell, then in the end, you will be faced with all those things you did while not expecting any responsibility.

God? No God? No matter. We should conduct our lives as if our every breath and every action were being recorded for eventual review at the end of our lives. If we all lived this way, we would all be better people.
edit on 28-4-2012 by redoubt because: typos

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Not only that but there is a threat of eternal torture for leaving.
God loves you so much and wants you to not burn forever but if you will he will throw you to hell which he himself created.

I think that is the real reason people stay because of fear.

Think about it, when do most people become Christian? When they are scared of dying and don't know what is in the after life... when they feel that they are living a "wrong" life and believe that they will be "judge". Most of them that convert do it through fear.

I gave up religion through fear. Does that make sense?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
...there are no dates for when its prophecies based in the bible are supposed to happen.

How long can a religion last?

Think about it.

If prophecies came with dates, the world would have gotten over so-called holy books, if nothing of the prophecy came true.

If nothing can stop a prophecy, then why not state a time when?

Ha! You guys are too smart than to remain believing some book men wrote long ago.

Bible had vague things so that it would ALMOST APPEAR TO BE that things written in it were coming true.

If prophecies are real, then why be so vague? Why not be SPECIFIC?

Haha! Again, you guys are way too smart to be suckers to books deemed holy by people long ago.

In my eyes church failed first... Followed by religion... Followed by all so-called holy books.

But what do you truely think? The mind was truely designed to be lead astray.

funny thing is, Science is regularly wrong. When has the bible been wrong?

deny ignorance

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Originally posted by denya11
If you sin you go to hell, punished for eternity. How do you know if it's true or false? If it's pounded into your mind over and over you would rather not risk finding out if hell is real. Heaven sounds much much better. No pain, pure happiness.

It's a question of right and wrong... and a reminder that there are always consequences for our actions. This runs contrary to those today who wish to do as they please with no responsibility. And since Christianity is right there with all the ancient texts of heaven and hell, what a better place to start relieving one's self of said responsibility.

Maybe there is no heaven and no hell. If this is the case, do as you please and so long as you don't break man's laws, you'll live your life without a care to anything or anyone you hurt along the way. But if there IS a heaven and hell, then in the end, you will be faced with all those things you did while not expecting any responsibility.

God? No God? No matter. We should conduct our lives as if our every breath and every action were being recorded for eventual review at the end of our lives. If we all lived this way, we would all be better people.
edit on 28-4-2012 by redoubt because: typos

Religion does not have to be present in order to learn morals, values, and ethics of integrity. To be taught at an early age and raised with discipline. Discipline our own selves to do what's right and to turn away from wrong.

To achieve Oneness with all and allow our positive energy to influence others to the light of good.

I see religion as entrapment. Keeping the soul from reaching its true potential.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sounds like a bunch of beer drinking kids to me !
If you actually read the prophecy you would see when it will happen .
1. This upcoming war with Iran thats all in the news is told about in Ezekiel 38 &39 and it will spoil your lives over here . That war happens in the latter times which is extremely close .
2. The Mark of the Beast 666 is at hand . It will be an electronic currency that could only come true when the Internet was world wide . The e-money will be a Global currency after the dollar and euro fails . Thats something talked about in the news daily . The RFID chip called Digital Angel would enable your access to the E-NET . The point is that with E-money your ability to buy , sell or trade can be cut off .Kinda like they took away cash and then didn't give you a debit card . There are plenty more Endtimes prophecies I could give you but you don't want to know . You live in a time where the Global Government the NWO and UN is going to take away your rights , guns and cars. This global alliance is also in the bible . All these things are for the latter times . And Israel and this Gog Magog war ( Iran and Syria verses Israel) sets the time line .
Now you can get a consensus of drinking buddies to agree with you and the bible is not as fun as fast parties , drugs and fast women but time is running out and you might not have time to reconsider .
Logic is nonsense to a fool .

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I am not a Christian but have Christian friends who I would defend with my life
So much abuse is leveled at Christians
But I get it - I get why they are Christian
Why does Christianity last - well some Christians discern the deeper levels and questions concerning life
I share a lot of common ground with them
A Creator
The Soul
Eternity
Unconditional Love are some of the basics of Christianity
I see no problem with that
Not all Christians are like they are potrayed

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Christians as a whole are not weak minded as some think . Christians are not weak in their resolve either . Following Jesus is hard . Following the world and all of it's dizzying movement to and fro , smoking cigarettes to be one of the bunch and not get ridiculed , do things you know you shouldn't do to be part of the crowd , to absolve yourself of all sin by saying God is dead and making yourself believe it, those are easy ! Chastising ones self is hard . Techno Bar Brats only know wrong when the police cuff them .

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I believe the Bible, in fact, it even predicts the scoffing in this post. Beware of the ides of May.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
I gave up religion through fear. Does that make sense?

Certainly, and sometimes people even SWITCH religions through fear.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Religion is just the "security blanket" for the unknown aspect of death.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
it gives people hope for life after death, which helps with greiving a lost loved one

ever drive by a cemetary ?

it has nothing to do with prophecy or a book

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Christianity lasts through massive brainwashing from generation to generation. In centuries past it was literally Forced on people (Believe or Die!). Then there's all the vast amounts of money gathered (usually from poor slobs who don't know better) to build more and more churches, print bibles, indoctrinate people in other lands...

Then we have fun religions like Islam where once you're indoctrinated there's literally now way out. If you want out, they'll kill you for it (or so I'm told!). With that kind of reinforcement, it's no wonder it's a rapidly growing religion.

Humans really have to set aside these silly beliefs and start facing reality. At least use common sense and logic, rather than placing the blame for a bad day on Satan or Satan's demonic helpers (i.e. Atheists--Hey, that's what certain Christians tell Me! I've tried correcting them but they won't listen!). I keep reading about people "attacking" Christians. But when it comes down to Christians (or for that matter Muslims) attacking Atheists/Agnostics...well, that's considered Okay in our society these days, or so it goes...

In fact I recall reading a poll that placed Atheists in today's American society on the same level as Rapists, and even below gays and Muslims. Go figure...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join