It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.8 Earthquake in Crestline, CA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I just heard this information on the NBC nightly news. I wasn't able to any sources yet and I am short on time (I'm about to head out for the night.) Does anyone else have any information on this quake? I am not up-to-date on all the earthquake news...do you think that the quakes are finally making their way to North America?

Here is a link: earthquaketrack.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Haven't they already been here? Since like forever?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by imnotanother

I read about this on Yahoo, it was originally gauged to be a 4.1 but then downgraded.

I have relatives who live in Ontario, and in Wrightwood, so I'm sure they felt it, but a 3.9 isn't much when it comes to California quakes. Not sure if this is a precursor to a bigger quake or not. We'll just have to wait and see.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Here's some information...

3.8 is small potatoes, and doesn't amount to anything to cause for concern.

It gets real old, real quick... to continually see threads like this, applying some random earthquake activity with some crazy conclusion as to predicting future occurrences.

Does this mean that North America will start seeing major earthquakes, and more activity.... ummm, I don't think so, wait, definitive answer time... NO.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

The quakes are generally 2.5 and under lately there has been a increase of their strength.
A 3.8 near the desert probably has not done any damage to people or buildings.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Just a note for perspective. The IRIS map shows some context going back 5 years and the Euro quake agency has a great map for pulling out a square to define a specific area of the map for quake listings. Current or historical. There are times in the past though where RSOE or the IRIS map look like nothing but a mass of dots where California is supposed to be..somewhere under all that motion.

All the dots are like this though. 3's and below..which just tell you nature is still healthy in California. I'd literally say they need worry if all little quakes STOPPED for an extended period. The longer a true quiet lasted, the more I'd encourage my family to take an open ended vacation here in Missouri until the quiet ended without a super-quake.

Just my thoughts...
edit on 28-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

3.8 quake, 2 aftershocks shake Southern California

A San Bernardino County Sheriff's dispatcher in nearby Rancho Cucamonga said the station shook for a few seconds, but there were no calls about damage or injuries.
A small 2.0 magnitude aftershock hit about a half-mile away about two minutes later, the USGS said. That was followed by a 1.8 magnitude shock at 8:14 a.m.
Dr. Lucy Jones with the USGS said the quake was located in an area where three faults come together.
Some buildings swayed in downtown Los Angeles, about 60 miles to the west, and residents reported shaking along the beaches.

Read more: www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2012/04/28/MNS61OAK58.DTL#ixzz1tNv0AxpW

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a tiny little earthquake most wont even feel, you say?

In california, an incredibly seismically active area, you say?

OMG!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
HOLY SH!T!!!

3.8!!! Better batten down the haches

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Please add your information on small EQ to this dedicated EQ thread:
Quake Watch 2012

Closed.

top topics

join