It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service Failures on 9/11: A Call for Transparency

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
The fact that Bush stayed in the elementary school after he was told that “America is under attack” seems kinda odd, especially when you compare how Dick Cheney was rushed to the underground bunker by the secret service.

I really don't understand why the conspiracy truthers keep beating on this dead horse. The reason was obvious even on 9/11- Bush was a college party boy sent to Washington to do a man's job and deep down even he knew the presidency was over his head. That look on his face was simply thoughts of "CRAP! I screwed things up AGAIN!" going through his head.

Where were you during all that time when people were saying Bush was such a moron that he couldn't figure out how to pour water out of his shoe even with instructions on the heel? His administration was so inept that it couldn't even hand out bottles of water to hurricane survivors in New Orleans without slipping on banana peels and you're seriously telling us that guy (and his whore mongoring agents) were the masterminds behind the most complex and intricate conspiracy in all of recorded human history?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I still don't understand what your position is.
Are you saying that not a single person should be blamed for negligence with resulted in the loss of 3000 civilian lives because there is just too many people who could be blamed? Or what are you really saying ? Please express your opinion as clear as possible if you don't mind.

This actually crosses over into MY point- there may well be more sheer incompetence involved in the attack than we know about. For all we know, there may well have been a warning of an imminent attack lying forgotten beneath a pile of Burger King wrappers in the corner of their office, and if there was, that guy certainly isn't going to come forward and admit it's his incompetence directly led to 3000 peopl getting killed. This is why I'm all for having more investigations; so that we can fid out if there really is someone who was asleep at the wheel like this.

What I detest are the people who are rushing to condemn completely innocent people solely on the word of those damned fool conspiracy web sites, as all they're doing is sowing abject paranoia to make a fast buck off the truthers and they don't care who they have to slander (Like Alex Jones making up that "pull it" horse [censored] about Silverstein). If you're goign to be doing that then you might as well just blame the leprichauns and be done with it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

I really don't understand why the conspiracy truthers keep beating on this dead horse. The reason was obvious even on 9/11- Bush was a college party boy sent to Washington to do a man's job and deep down even he knew the presidency was over his head. That look on his face was simply thoughts of "CRAP! I screwed things up AGAIN!" going through his head.

Yes I agree with you that the look on his face is “oh shi* what should I do now?” but the point of this article is not about Bush, it's about his secret service reaction, actually the absence of secret service reaction.

At that time the only thing they new for sure was that America is under attack, multiple hijacked jets flying around the country and into buildings.

At the same time they were evacuating the white house and other government buildings. Plus there was an incident earlier that day that Secret Service were concerned about at the place where the President was staying, remember?

The Presidents location was known and his plans for that day were announce on September 7th.
How were the secret service planning to protect the president from an airborne attack? That is what seems odd to me not the “(oh crap look on his face).

I happen to agree with you on the incompetence in the government, I think it was one of the reasons the attack succeeded. But it still is very possible that the whole thing was done with the help of high ranking officials in the government, and how the white house handled the investigation after 9/11 feeds the conspiracy theories. And of course the fact that nobody was even fired for their obvious screw ups leaves people believing that some government officials had something to do with 9/11, and theories start.

Get what I’m saying?

This whole thing with oh the government cant do anything right is a flat out up lie, because the government can and is doing many things right. Doing things right doesn’t mean they are doing what's right for the people. This type of logic is a very effective way to cover it up. It's so huge that no way they did it is not true.
edit on 5-5-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

What I detest are the people who are rushing to condemn completely innocent people solely on the word of those damned fool conspiracy web sites, as all they're doing is sowing abject paranoia to make a fast buck off the truthers and they don't care who they have to slander (Like Alex Jones making up that "pull it" horse [censored] about Silverstein). If you're goign to be doing that then you might as well just blame the leprichauns and be done with it.

I also agree with you on conspiracy theory websites, a very large portion of information on sites like that are false. But it's also the purpose of these forums, you can find so much information here that after a while I becomes impossible to know what is true and what is false.

But seriously do you not see that conspiracy theories start because we are being treated like little children by the government. I mean just look around the world, there is so much suffering caused by our reaction to 9/11. the wars, and suffering won't stop until we address the origin of terrorism. They didn’t attack us for our believes, they attacked us for what we do. A large portion of Americans don’t believe what they told us, until the questions start getting real answers there will be a large demand for conspiracy theory websites, Alex Jones will continue profiting from his fear mongering. We need to really stop and evaluate our currant reality that we live in. people of the world want accountability for these economic and war crimes.

I don’t care how the buildings came down, I only care about how the fu** 9/11 happened at all with all the resources and Intel the government had in the possession?

Look at recent success the FBI had with stopping terrorist attacks, don’t you see that they really didn’t stop anything but their own creations. Most if not all cases the FBI provided the weapons and targets to these terrorists. What if 9/11 was just like that only they couldn’t stop the monster they created? We need look back if we want to have a future.

p.s. I like your leprechauns theory, just need more YouTube videos for proof.

edit on 5-5-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

The fact that Bush stayed in the elementary school after he was told that “America is under attack” seems kinda odd, especially when you compare how Dick Cheney was rushed to the underground bunker by the secret service.

Actually if you read the 9/11 commission they explain that the president was enroot to Air Force one while at the same time (actually a few minutes before) the VP was bundled into the underground shelter. The reason for the urgency around the VP was because the Secret Service believed that it was possible that American 77 was going to hit the White House where the VP was and at the same time had no intelligence that the elementary school where the president was talking was under any threat form a plane piloted by a terrorist. So while yes it was a matter of urgency for the Secret Service to secure the president, they believed they were dealing with a much more urgent and imminent threat against the White House and VP although according to the report both were either secured or enroot to security at roughly the exact same time.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Actually if you read the 9/11 commission they explain

9/11 Commission report is a cover up from top to bottom.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

9/11 Commission report is a cover up from top to bottom.

It’s funny you should say that when in one of your previous posts on this very thread you used the commission to show how the FAA “screwed up”

These F.A.A. officials, who ever they are screwed up a little

The commission found that F.A.A. officials were repeatedly warned about security lapses before Sept. 11 and, despite their increased concerns about a hijacking, allowed screening performance to decline significantly.

So let me get this right its ok for you to use the commission as a source when it suits your argument but when it does not suit you, you attempt to discredit the entire report. Are you really so ignorant that you cannot see the massive flaw that presents to your argument throughout this entire thread anytime you have attempted to discredit the report.

But on the issue of the whereabouts of the president and the VP the commission are most probably best placed to give a accurate public account of what was actually happing at that time. This should not be a issue

Have you even read the report or do you just rely on others to tell you its “rubbish” or a “cover-up”. If you read the report itself it is very open about the limitations and faults of various agencies.

EDIT: I love how you wrote “FAA officials, Whoever they are” it just stinks of conspiracy theorist ignorance.

edit on 5-5-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Have you even read the report or do you just rely on others to tell you its “rubbish” or a “cover-up”. If you read the report itself it is very open about the limitations and faults of various agencies.

Yes I read the commission report, I also read The Commission: The Uncensored History of the 9/11 Investigation by Philip Shenon, I recommend you read it if you didn't .

Who ever said they were covering up for FAA ? In fact they blamed many agencies. In the video I posted they say that the cover up was on what they knew, and not about who failed.

I replied to your post with this video because they accuse the white house of covering up for the white house.

Still can you show me what was done with the FAA officials?
The time line in the report contradicts itself in many espacts.
The purpose of 9/11 commission was to shift blame to anybody except Bush administration, and still even the ones the blamed got away without any consequences.

EDIT: I love how you wrote “FAA officials, Whoever they are” it just stinks of conspiracy theorist ignorance.

I won't say what you stink like .

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

People are dead because of their negligence.

No. When the mechanic forgets to tighten the lug nuts after he puts the tire back on and the wheel falls off and the driver gets killed - that's negligence.

What happened on 9/11 was murder. You blame the murderers.

If a vulnerable child is murdered by it's guardians, and the child was failed by the government services protecting that child, they are usually dismissed from their jobs.

Now I know this is just an analogy, but why were all the people that failed to prevent this not fired for their failings? 19 'hijackers' allowed to take 19 'knives' on 4 'planes' for starters. The list of people that failed to do their jobs competently that day is long.

Can you not see that aside the murderers, other people are responsible for their incompetences that day?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kidtwist

And yet, you still don't get it. They obeyed the rules about what they could take on the jets.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

I really don't understand why the conspiracy truthers keep beating on this dead horse.

Maybe because it's relevant to people who do not believe the OS.

Maybe the people who disbelieve the OS don't accept your own opinion on it?

Some possible reasons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join