It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The star wars program.(SDI)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I know there are threads on this already but i wanted a more updated discussion on the subject. If anybody has any information, theories ,ideas ,viewpoints or good links please post them , i will start:

The political implications:

www.stopstarwars.org...
edition.cnn.com...
edition.cnn.com...
www.fas.org...
news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

The technological aspect:

reference.allrefer.com...
science.howstuffworks.com...
www.fact-index.com...
www.school-for-champions.com...
www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil...
news.bbc.co.uk...
edition.cnn.com...
www.theanswerbank.co.uk...
www.bartleby.com...
www.johnstonsarchive.net...
scitation.aip.org...
members.rogers.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Meh. This missle defense stuff seems to be going nowhere fast. Funny how Bush, who made it a big campaign thing in 2000, hasn't even mentioned anything about it. Even so, the Pentagon is installing those 'interceptor' doohickies, even though they haven't formally evaluated them, or done real tests. The ones that did occur weren't hardly realistic... the incoming "warhead" was lit up with radars and had a homing signal. It's an impressive technological feat, but it's just that, a technology demonstrator. I find it unlikley that it could stop a mass nuclear attack, or even two or three nukes with decoy warheads, for example. And really, if you think about it, who, exactly, is stupid enough to nuke the US with an ICBM? It would be so much easier just to slip a bomb in through a shipping container...

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
bush realized early on that people werent interested in space. star wars=space. SPACE defense initiative. people dont go for it, they like to hear about the economy doing better and were killing terrorists. notice his moon2mars thing kinda dissappeared after they made the committee. bastard.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think that something is better then nothing, but I would prefer more money spent on shooting the ICBM before or not to long after it gets off the ground, Either have a space based missile that could hit anywhere on earth in 15 minutes and try to destroy there launch site before it gets up, or have a ABL (AirBorne Laser) 747 flying its route close to where they think one would be launched and takeit out over there own territory and they can keep the radiation present.

But for some reason either by accident or an attack that a nation shoots a nuke at us that we have our missile shield to intercept this thing.

Also note that this shield wont be just missiles, over time they will be replaced with a laser shield, which would be more efective, eficient, quicker, cheaper, and all around better.

new topics

top topics

join