It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Random Thread Button

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I posted a thread not to long ago, and I honestly wanted to post it in a "suggestions" thread, but alas, I'm still figuring out everything on the site and couldn't find one (so if it exists sorry for not posting this there).

I had an idea about a button that you could click on at the top of each thread that would just bring you to a random, recent thread. Kind of like the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button on google. I enjoy browsing the titles of all the threads but sometime's I'd like to just bounce around and read thread after thread and not have to sift through titles.

Maybe this makes me sound a little lazy or whatever but I think it would be a good addition to ATS. If not, that's fine too, I still love this place.

Anyway, thanks for your time.

-The Foot

P.S. Sorry if this is kind of a duplicate thread. To be honest if the mods are going to delete one please delete the other one. This is the old one.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: Punctuation

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It's a very good suggestion. Hopefully the staff will take it on board and have a discussion. I don't imagine it would be too difficult to implement, but that's up to the admins I guess.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
It's a very good suggestion. Hopefully the staff will take it on board and have a discussion. I don't imagine it would be too difficult to implement, but that's up to the admins I guess.

Thanks I hope so too. And yes it is up to the admins, but hopefully they agree with us.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Neat idea...

They could label the button "Down the Rabbit Hole" with a smaller caption below denoting (view random threads).

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i actually like this idea, there are days were im not sure what i want to look at and could do with a random post button to see what comes up, would make browsing ats pretty interesting some days lol

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thanks everyone I'm glad you all agree!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Honestly...it would be nice to have my toliet right at the end of my bed...but is it practical? Even though you said as much.

I would rather pick my topic in Real time Current Events....

Anyways....I laughed so hard when you said...." please delete the other one " hahahaha

I gotta ask....why? And I'm totally being lite hearted here....Geez for some reason it just hit me as soo funny and cute!!!! LoL

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
Honestly...it would be nice to have my toliet right at the end of my bed...but is it practical? Even though you said as much.

god that would be cool, dont forget a kettle aswell oh and a mini fridge for snacks
hehe

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I dunno just figured they wouldn't two of the same threads?

At least you think I'm cute

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
NoooOOOOoooOOO!!!
I already click a thread and half of the responses have nothing to do with the OP and are pretty random. Im NOT going to utilize a button that will confuse and frustrate me more than I already am..

Nahh seriously though, like the other person said.. " Down the Rabbit Hole" ... it has a certain doomtard charm to it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
NoooOOOOoooOOO!!!
I already click a thread and half of the responses have nothing to do with the OP and are pretty random. Im NOT going to utilize a button that will confuse and frustrate me more than I already am..

I hear you there...

Nahh seriously though, like the other person said.. " Down the Rabbit Hole" ... it has a certain doomtard charm to it.

It could be in the shape of the "blue pill" from The Matrix (or whichever one he takes)

top topics

join