It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Bank Of America Drop A Loyal Customer For ‘Political’ Reasons? B of A Drops gun maker

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Did the bank bail-outs come with a political price tag?

I honestly never thought of that the bailouts did have a price tag the government dictated ceo pay it is NOT so much a leap of logic to think that call came from Holder or Obama.

People there are thousands of ways to impliment gun control without a full frontal assualt.

Anyway i look at this it's complete and total crap denied because you make guns and gun parts?

Only a fascist.

Exactly, we no longer need to ask "Is it fascism yet?" This is loud and clear. Don't allow yourselves to get sucked in to the distractions of partisanship & blame one party or the other. People like to bitch only so much...if they concede that a line has been crossed, they would then be forced to do something. All they really want to do is bitch.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

After cspa i am disgusted to no end.

So i do have to agree.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

B of A has become a federal credit union, bought and sold by the Obama administration.

They benefit by staying in business, propped up by our tax dollars. They then get to support (or let sink) businesses based on their political affiliations!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

If I am a Tea Party member, does that mean I couldn't get a loan or a checking account there?

That should be the first question,asked to the CEO of BOFA.
Like I said earlier,EVERYONE should take their money out,if they can.

If these Banks,and Businesses are anti gun,anti free speech,then turnabout is fair play.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What happens after the future (2015-17?) economic collapse when all of the banks are merged (post banking holiday) into one under the auspices of one central bank? I guess by then we wont have the "equal protection clause" or the "second amendment" anyway so it will be a moot point.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
What happens after the future (2015-17?) economic collapse when all of the banks are merged (post banking holiday) into one under the auspices of one central bank? I guess by then we wont have the "equal protection clause" or the "second amendment" anyway so it will be a moot point.

Banks will then have to follow government mandate.

Do what I say, or else!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Reminded me of this pew poll i read that shows gun rights are up more now than they have ever been.

Seems BOA didn't get the memo.

www.people-press.org...

Guess which half controls our rights.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This may boost their sales and back-fire on them!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

In a word - Fascism.
The merger of the nation-state controlled by the executive branch with the banking-industrial-military-security complex.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

In a word - Fascism.
The merger of the nation-state controlled by the executive branch with the banking-industrial-military-security complex.

Right now, I can't argue that.

We've turned into a fascist state.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The Carlyle Group and Cereberus Capital are buying up controlling shares of publicly traded gun companies. It wouldnt surprise me to see them take gun manufacturers private with government money to complete the deal and then sell only to federal contracts thus cutting out the sale to individuals. At the same time Federal Govt (either congress thru legislation, BATFE thru decree or the POTUS thru EO) try to make the sell of semi-autos to the public illegal (not just assault styled weapons). At the same time they will try to ban the importation of same (just like they did with the AWP). Another example of using our system (capitalism and democracy) against us.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Banks will then have to follow government mandate.

Do what I say, or else!

Well........

A National Rifle Association official said Friday the group is aware of the situation involving McMillian but "is waiting to get all of the details" before commenting.

Gun manufacturer says Bank of America does not want its business

I love this !!!

I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.Kelly D McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC

As one poster said........

This situation seems like it’s not going to go well for BofA. I talked to a number of gun owners that said they will no longer use BofA. Further more, BattleComp, McMillan, Hilton Yam, and others have already stated that they are either going to or have already stopped accepting BofA credit cards. On Friday, BofA stock went down 4.7%. I wonder why? LMFAO!

McMillan Takes BoA to the Woodshed

As it should be............

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

The Carlyle Group and Cereberus Capital are buying up controlling shares of publicly traded gun companies. It wouldnt surprise me to see them take gun manufacturers private with government money to complete the deal and then sell only to federal contracts thus cutting out the sale to individuals. At the same time Federal Govt (either congress thru legislation, BATFE thru decree or the POTUS thru EO) try to make the sell of semi-autos to the public illegal (not just assault styled weapons). At the same time they will try to ban the importation of same (just like they did with the AWP). Another example of using our system (capitalism and democracy) against us.

Brilliant and scary analysis!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

But will that matter if they (B of A) are just a front for the government?

Yeah, their shareholders may feel an initial pinch, until the government gives them yet another "bail-out.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks for the
....FWIW, the Carlyle Group has ties to the Bushes and George Soros I understand and "Cereberus" was the name of the mythological 2 headed dog that guarded the entrance to Hades. Need I say more?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It is scary,that this is happening.

And you wonder WHY people,are buying weapons................?

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?… The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin’s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If…if…We didn’t love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation…. We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” – Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Think the rise in gun ownership is due to the uncertainty people are feeling in their lives when people feel safe the wouild be buying new tvs and other sorts.

When the economy sucks crimes skyrockets people turn to violence,theft and other things they would not be doing because they have jobs and live like normal people.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I appreciate your Solzhenitsyn quote from the Gulag Archipelago but when they do the round up in the states it will be the model of what they have been training to do in Iraq and Afghanistan....a squad of troops with a forced entry using building clearing tactics. The average joe (by himself and relatively unarmed) would not stand a chance.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

But will that matter if they (B of A) are just a front for the government?

Yeah, their shareholders may feel an initial pinch, until the government gives them yet another "bail-out.

Thats how come we need to follow the details,when they eventually,come out.You putting this thread together,is the right path......

American citizens,are becoming extinct. In all actuality,its "We the People",that are to big to fail.

We need the "average Joe",to stand up to this Administration,and say,enough is enough.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join