It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs waiver to lift Palestinian aid barrier

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

President Barack Obama has signed a waiver to remove curbs on funding to the Palestinian Authority, declaring the aid to be "important to the security interests of the United States."

A $192 million aid package was frozen by the US Congress after the Palestinians moved to gain statehood at the United Nations last September.

news.yahoo.com...

Wait What?

Congress said no Obama says YES WE CAN!

So there the great big O is playing both sides Isreal and Palestine telling them both what they want to hear but

enter the kicker.

JERUSALEM – Palestinian brothers inside the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip are listed in government election filings as having donated $29,521.54 to Sen. Barack Obama’s campaign.

www.wnd.com...

Illegal Campaign funds foreign campaign funds Congress said no and what?

Cut a free check to Palestinian "aid".

This is the most corrupt administration in US History.
edit on 28-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I'm not sure. Compared to the Administration of Rutherford B Hayes? OR what about Martin Van Burin? He was responsible for an even worse depression, an was ousted after just one term because his Administration was so corrupt (and he grew up speaking Dutch!)

It's important to get perspective on such matters.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Only in the sick, rotting mind of a partisan apologist could trotting out the wrongs of OTHER presidents somehow excuse the wrongs of the current president you apparently feel an affiliation towards.
edit on 28-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
For one, i'm glad the relief aid money is being unfrozen...but i'm dismayed that the lives of the men, women and children it could have saved years ago, are being used as some kind of trump card, a 'look at how good i am to the downtrodden' political play this close to the elections.

It's a political trump card, however welcome and belated it may be.

It also shows just how callous Obama can be, to withhold essential aid money until it makes him look good near election time.

Good for the Palestinians in need right now, but a LOT sooner would have been a more genuine gesture.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obama is a hater.

And haters gotta hate!

He hates freedom. He hates Israel.

He's just showing his true colours.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree with that but there is more to this story

WASHINGTON — In what would be a significant concession, Obama administration officials say they could support allowing Iran to maintain a crucial element of its disputed nuclear program if Tehran took other major steps to curb its ability to develop a nuclear bomb.

www.latimes.com...

Concessions to the mortal enemy of Israel and a supporter of Palenstine ?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

As I recall, the soft money and slush funds out of the Gaza Strip last election were enough to make news stories on. Apparently, he's looking elsewhere to make up the shortfalls of his own base coming up short for money. Ugh...

I missed entirely where ANYTHING but perhaps the political desire for the Palestinians to see him as a good guy, has changed for this status to have been changed at all. Maybe someone can make an argument for how something has changed for this, but a decree from the King is getting about too much to hear one day after another.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
damn it obama we cant spare any change!!!
second line

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The secret service sex scandal was a foiled plot and for revenge obama is now giving aid to the palestinians. The day of the jfk murder the SS were drinking till 6 am, and this recent scandal had 'prozzies' aka assassins in his hotel before he arrived. Obama uncovered it, fired the traitors, and is covertly getting his revenge by giving aid to palestine. Disregard, i know you will.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNamesZeppelin

agreed. Let's stop our "support" money to Israel please.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

He's just stopped being a politician and is working on "dictator" now.

He doesn't care what people think anymore.

And THAT scares me!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Why is throwing money at Israel and support for Israel such a hot button topic in the USA - it isn't anywhere else.

I don't mean to sound anti semite here, but Jews only make up about 13 million people worldwide. There are actually almost as many Jews living inside the USA as in Israel, but only about 11 million total between Israel and the USA, it's hardly a big voting block.

Media and politicians make a very big deal about appealing to the Jewish lobby, but if the dollars given to Israel (about $6 billion) were divided amongst population, this would be about $1200 per person, for EVERY person in Israel, every year.

Why is the USA giving so much to Israel, why can't it support it's own citizens instead?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

enter the kicker.

JERUSALEM – Palestinian brothers inside the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip are listed in government election filings as having donated $29,521.54 to Sen. Barack Obama’s campaign.

www.wnd.com...

Illegal Campaign funds foreign campaign funds Congress said no and what?

Cut a free check to Palestinian "aid".

What a bombshell !!

Who woulda thought that !!

It has since been "covered up" pretty well.

There needs to be a Congressional investigation Immediately !!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Israel is a glorified military base. Of course the us is playing both sides. Israel cant have enough peace to make peace and new friends in the area at the same time it must be under sufficient pressure to be at the command of the same people who run the us.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by beezzer

I agree with that but there is more to this story

WASHINGTON — In what would be a significant concession, Obama administration officials say they could support allowing Iran to maintain a crucial element of its disputed nuclear program if Tehran took other major steps to curb its ability to develop a nuclear bomb.

www.latimes.com...

Are you sure ?
Mortal enemies?

Hmm..

Much has changed over there while over your buying into the rhetoric of those who want you a murderer....while the diatribes from increasingly isolated reglious zelots clouds the reality...which is..that more and more, Iranian, Israeli, Lebonese and Palestinian people are joining together, much like the OWS movement to say NO to their gov's idiotic polices.
If they who are in the direct firing line can over come prejudice and fear and bigotry..why cant Americans too?

Link 1. 1000 + March in Tel Aviv against Iranian Strike.
www.ynetnews.com...

Israel loves Iran - a peoples movement
www.israelovesiran.com...

Israeli girl shot defending a Palestian peaceful protest
www.facebook.com...

Even Shin Bet are starting to tell the truth..shock..horror!!!
www.haaretz.com...

Working together to deal with water shortages.
www.haaretz.com...

Israeli conscience burning and exploding in its own grief over its actions..one by one by one..

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Young Israelies saying NO to fighting.

www.youtube.com...

Soldiers from BOTH sides refusing to serve in the occuptation
www.youtube.com...
(( at 3:40 a woman speaks..about 'rooted wisdom"...worth the listen))

So, here...with just a bit of googling...you can see above the bull#..beyond the mentally insane Kissnet...far away from the mentally ill USA media machine and hear the truth from real people.....regular people making a difference, taking a stand..working for peaceful relations ( see that word..WORK?? not fight..WORK..thats how you get peace)

So, if you're still carrying on ' the fight' of it all.. you will have to face it..you've bought into LIES AND PROPOGANDA..

Its ok..a lot of us did..have since reformed in the light of new evidence.

There is SOOOO much good happening right now..more going on over there than you will ever read about or hear on Fox or CNN...they dont WANT you to see it...so I urge ppl to stop listening to these creeps who want to get you killed..look and see for yourself..people are changing....working hard and really changing..and WORKING together as human beings.

The only ones who seem to want to egg on the war are the Kissnet and..well honestly..many of those who bought intot he lie and propoganda for war...who WANT war...those who, I think..would keel over and die should ever a lasting PEACE break out in the middle east.

sighs

Oh wait! there's more!

Israelis and Palestinians Working Together For Peace - VTJP
www.vtjp.org/background/WorkingTogether.php

The All Nations Café is first and foremost a strong team of Israelis, Palestinians and internationals, who work together, visit each other's homes.

Palestinians, Israelis Come Together Through Entrepreneurship
www.readwriteweb.com/.../palestinians-israelis-come-together-throug...

ENPI - Israelis and Palestinians working together to save children's ...
www.enpi-info.eu/.../Israelis-and-Palestinians-working-together-to-sa...

20 Dec 2011 – A joint Israeli-Palestinian photography exhibition, funded within the framework of the European Union's Partnership for Peace programme, ...

The list literally..goes on and on and on...these peoples are beginign tomove on..what remains is..will you let them?

shift happens..if we let it.

Ro.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Why is throwing money at Israel and support for Israel such a hot button topic in the USA - it isn't anywhere else.

I don't mean to sound anti semite here, but Jews only make up about 13 million people worldwide. There are actually almost as many Jews living inside the USA as in Israel, but only about 11 million total between Israel and the USA, it's hardly a big voting block.

Media and politicians make a very big deal about appealing to the Jewish lobby, but if the dollars given to Israel (about $6 billion) were divided amongst population, this would be about $1200 per person, for EVERY person in Israel, every year.

Why is the USA giving so much to Israel, why can't it support it's own citizens instead?

1/3 of the entire US foreign aid goes to Israel.

It's crazy but one you look at who controls America, a suprisingly high % of decision makers are Zionists. Media, bankers, politicians, advisors, foreign policy think tanks, they've infiltrated almost everything in America.

Israel serves many sides- the Zionists keep sending money there because of their beliefs, but it also serves a much larger purpose- as a tool or military base for the West. The funding sent from American taxpayers buys military equipment- so the weapon contractors make a fortune at the expense of the tax payer, all the while there is a strong military force to protect Western interests in the region.

If Israel bombs Iran's nuclear facilities, we have the start of a potential major ME conflict and the USA hasn't fired the first shot for the war with Iran that it wants.

What I find interesting now is that whilst the USA funded the Egyptian dictatorship of tyranny for 30 years to serve as Israel's ally, this has built a very opressed Egyptian population- the USA has now sat back during the 'Arab Spring' meaning the Muslim Brotherhood has been left to take control, further isolating 'poor' Israel. It's all part of a massive agenda, an agenda that is well outside our understanding but will almost certainly bring major conflict to the region and possibly the world.

Sadly, people don't care, they have no desire to learn the truth, I'm at the point now where I'm just going to sit back and watch how it all unfolds over the next couple of years.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Human rights transcend nation borders and national politics.

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by neo96

Obama is a hater.

And haters gotta hate!

He hates freedom. He hates Israel.

He's just showing his true colours.

If he actually hated Israel it would give me even more of a reason to vote for him.

The only solution to the Israeli debacle is to give Palestinians full Israeli citizenship and voting rights so their majority can get the corrupt Zionists out of control of Israel.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
That's a hell of an elitist attitude hip hip hoorah for accept illegal foreign campaign money and this aint school people are free to sit there and "feel" superior to others when the reality is much different

and besides.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join