It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not a freak! But I sure feel that ways sometimes.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

That is often how I have described it. It is like a radio receiver that tunes into things.

Only your mind is like a hologram so you get pictures and feelings and such through it too.
Or at least that is how I look at it.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Swan...being an 'empath" is like being a radio that picks up signals on the dial of a radio. On this radio, there are the numbers for all the stations that everyone can hear. But, for an empath, there are an unlimited number of stations constantly being picked up, that aren't on the dial. You can't tune them out...they emanate from everything.

I was born an empath. I can't tell you how it affected my life, until I learned how to *selectively* tune into the constant input, and sort out what I let in and what I didn't.

Des

Yeah! That's a real good description!!

Hey Des, did somebody teach you how to do that or did you learn by yourself?? Sort it out, I mean.

Time

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
[Only your mind is like a hologram so you get pictures and feelings and such through it too.
Or at least that is how I look at it.

Yeah!

Hey Darkblade, I don't wanna highjack your thread

Time

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Time4aChange

No, please continue! I didn't think you were at all

The sharing of information is how we kind of figure these things out, so I always welcome and encourage open discussion of these kinds of subjects where ever they pop up.

I might sound like I know stuff, but I don't know stuff....
If you know what I mean.
I understand what it is and how it works, but that doesn't mean I understand it enough to say it is this way or that way, because it seems very different to everyone. Kind of like spirit contact, each experience, for me, has been unique in it's own way. I never know what to expect

So comparing, sharing and learning from other people who understand an aspect of it too is very important to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thanks, Darkblade

Don't understand it. Can't much control it. Scares me half to death.

Just going to the grocery store wears me out for hours. All the emotional "noise" literally makes me sick.

Time

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

It took my dysfunctional mother repeatedly beating me as a child, to learn to not say out loud what I could *hear* from other people.

It took 12 months of training with one of my college professors on techniques for setting internal auric blocks on the raw intensity of some situations. Years of meditation and wonderful Guardian Spirit Guides .to help me maintain, and channel excess energy from outside sources. I'm 61 years old...through all my training, I've learned to channel the excess energy for healing others. Am at peace for the most part, even in crowded situations. Can throw up a block in a heartbeat if needed for self protection. Learned to block gruesome images and smells. Darn...don't really know how to explain it.

ETA: Being an empath is both a Blessing and a Bane.....

Des

edit on 29-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
ETA: Being an empath is both a Blessing and a Bane.....

Yeah, I know!

And if your training got cut short and nobody else around to help you?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I have a hard time with the blocking of images. Luckily it isn't always bad, I've only had a few painful experiences, and they happened that way so I could understand how serious/awful the situation was. hopefully, I got through to the powers that be to kind of gimme a heads up next time so I don't open myself up to psychic pain in witnessing something.

That is a scary part. I never have understood how to handle it when it is "bad". I got a couple of threads here somewhere about an experience I had with a painting, and that hurt me. I relived someones murder from inside not only their head when it happened, but from the inside aspect of somene elses pain on how they saw in their own mind how it happened. And a third perspective from the mind of the one who killed her.

How do you block such things? I mean, without that information I would not of been able to create what I made and then connect with someone about it while trying to help figure out something as innocent as knocks on their wall? I feel like it was the only way to fully get the message across, but dang....it hurt and was very scary.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

I have a hard time with the blocking of images.

I got a couple of threads here somewhere about an experience I had with a painting, and that hurt me. I relived someones murder from inside not only their head when it happened, but from the inside aspect of somene elses pain on how they saw in their own mind how it happened. And a third perspective from the mind of the one who killed her.

How do you block such things?

Yes, please! I can muffle but I can't shield completely.

Sorry, ya'll. I'm just no good with words. So what I say most never comes out right.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

''muffle but can't mute it'' makes me think that your ability is wired into your sub-conscious too, just as mine is. I can't stop my influence, I just can hold it down a little.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

The subconscious definitely, for me anyways, is a huge part of it.
Information seems to come through my subconscious and ends up in the same place in the mind where art is generated, I see images like a painter sees a painting in his head.

Spirits seem to be able to get information through me that way, so it ends up a series of fast images most of the time.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I feel the emotions of those around me like they're my own.

There are places I can't go because of all the emotions I pick up (mostly old houses).

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I do that constantly. It drives my wife crazy because I catch the littlest thing and go "Whats wrong" right away.

And I can't stop it.
Out in public it is much better than it used to be, but for a long time I had a hard time coping.

Body language is the worst part. Cause I DO read that as well, and cannot stop. I can't tune out peoples movements etc. A lot of people say that cold readings are body language, and maybe that too is a part of it because I do read it all the time with everyone I meet in person. It is automatic for me, only instead of my subconscious keeping it inside and giving me a feeling about what someone is thinking/doing, it thrusts it forward at me and I see it consciously too.

Now before anyone says I cold read, I will say that yup, I do that, we all do that,it is normally subconscious, but you can't cold read online, where a lot of my experiences have come from. So although it is a part of it, it is in no way all of it. All senses are used when a person gets a reading or spirit contact, I can't help that, it is just how it works.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
When I was a kid, around 6 up until I was around 12, I kept having these visions of circles within circles, almost like looking at cells in a microscope. It was weird though because it was hazy green, almost like looking at an old hologram. There was more than one too, it was like a chain or rather, just more circles,like cells or something, maybe the universe for all I know. But it was weird. I looked into sacred geometry to see if I could find what I saw but I didn't find much. Never did figure out what that was.

I've seen a few crop circles that are close

*ponder*
I've tried to visualize it since, but I have never seen it as clear as I did as a kid.
Anyone else ever see anything like that?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I just need to know -

How do you know that what you are communicating with is a good or bad entity?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

Good question.

I don't see things as good and evil for the most part, however, evil has a feeling to it, and I have only run into it a couple of times. It does exist to varying degrees What I do is spirit contact for the most part, it is loved ones coming back to pass on messages and close wounds of emotional and psychic pain. These are peoples relatives or close friends, so for me it is not a question of good or evil.

It also seems that the times when I have experienced someones extreme trauma, such as a murder, it comes from a place that I could very easily see someone thinking as evil. It seems that in the psychic realm these acts almost take on evil embodiments. The painting you saw with the volcano was an example of that. It seemed very evil to me because what was done was evil. The vision, which is what the painting was (painted exactly what I was seeing in my mind and relived it) came from a place of extreme trauma and death. Was it evil? The act that caused it most certainly was. Why it came back to me in that way is beyond me, even the voice I heard sounded evil, and I suspect it was what the murderer said as he destroyed a life.
Discernment is a gift.
Still figuring it out myself on many levels.

I fully encourage anyone who seeks out a medium to learn to do it for themselves though.
Anyone can do this if they really want to.

edit on 26-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
When I was younger. I became obsessed with "wind". I influenced myself that I had the ability to control wind. (Areokinesis) I didn't know how this all started and why. I felt that I was one with the wind, taking me where ever the wind blew. I tried out to see if I can shift the wind in another direction, make the wind calmer, or stronger. It all seemed to work on some days and other days it gave me headaches. I focus way too much on it. But now I don't focus on it at all it kinda faded away.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

That is almost like a form of chi.
Energy moves almost the same way.Wind and water are good examples.
Energy manipulation feels much like electric wind.
Your hands tingle while you move it around.
I think they called it psi balls.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Now see part of the reason I joined ATS was because I wanted to know how people discerned entities, whether they be ghosts, spirits, demons, djinn, watchers, angels, guides, incubus, succubus.

I question it because a lot of the people say they channel "something" and what if that "something" is lying. Demons can be shapeshifters and liars. For whatever reason just to mess with someone.

I was just wondering about it that's all.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

That's quite alright, I welcome the questions and try to answer them the best I can. I don't understand much of it myself, so it is a learn as you go process that has taken years to get to where I am now. These things don't happen every day, but when they do I end up tearing apart every aspect of the experience to figure it out. There is no other way. I could go and read a bunch of books, but to me that kind of taints the experience.
It is something I have to determine for myself in order to understand it, and then I go read about it after. Although so far, as far as I know, the painting experience was unique to me, I have not found or read of anyone doing something similar. Kind of weird. The whole thing is weird anyways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join