It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Guitarist on the Planet Today.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
My vote is for Kelly Richey.

She is phenomenal.

Pure unadulterated talent.

She can take emotion, turn it into music, and have the listener hear the music, and FEEL the emotion.

Totally incrdible in my opinion.

I have the feeling she hasn't been discovered yet, but in my opinion, its only a matter of time.

If you love music, do yourself a favor, and tune in to this performance, and many others by Kelly Richey.

edit on 28-4-2012 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Buckethead

If you want the quick version of his talent level, watch from the 5 minute mark onward.
edit on 28-4-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Paco de Lucia, John McLaughlin, Al DiMeola:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'd opt for a number of guitarists within numerable genres. As music is such a diverse art form, it's impossible to be "objective" about such a subjective matter.

Joe Satriani, Buckethead and Steve Vai are excellent virtuosos.

Mikael Aakerfeldt, Mikael Aamodt, James Hetfield are excellent within the metal genre.

Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Buddy Guy are the absolute kings of blues.

I mean, it's just ridiculous to name one single person, because they can't possibly contribute to the entire palette of music the different genres has to offer. The only thing we as listeners have to do, is enjoy everything music has to offer. And there's never an abundance of excellent guitarists.

Orianti is pretty good as well....

edit on 28/4/12 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Its ridiculous to not name your favorite.

In my opinion, Kelly Richey, is the best.

I posted but one video, there are many more, watch them and watch her, she is the real deal in my opinion.

You may disagree, and I respect that, but for me Kelly is a godsend.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
I'd opt for a number of guitarists within numerable genres. As music is such a diverse art form, it's impossible to be "objective" about such a subjective matter.

Joe Satriani, Buckethead and Steve Vai are excellent virtuosos.

Mikael Aakerfeldt, Mikael Aamodt, James Hetfield are excellent within the metal genre.

Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Buddy Guy are the absolute kings of blues.

I mean, it's just ridiculous to name one single person, because they can't possibly contribute to the entire palette of music the different genres has to offer. The only thing we as listeners have to do, is enjoy everything music has to offer. And there's never an abundance of excellent guitarists.

Orianti is pretty good as well....

edit on 28/4/12 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

You named a few that I would give a serious vote to, including Satriani and Vai (gods i love those guys)

One I would toss into the mix is a relative unknown, but the music he creates with a guitar is... well... nothing short of magical, seriously.

Give this guy a shot if you've never heard him...

Scott Huckabay

(lots of his stuff on YT if you want to check out more)

Edit: Meant to add, Kelley Richey is definitely good. VERY good.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Jomina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
Its ridiculous to not name your favorite

To make my point in five words; music is not a contest.

I agree though, it's impossible not to have favourites. But I try to find something new and exciting whenever I get the chance. To broaden the horizon of your own musical taste is a treasure that you never get bored of looking for, even if it's never-ending.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I agree all of the names listed are great musicians and very talented at what they do.

However I admit I get bored easily in today's fast paced world, and I really want to see some new never heard of before genres to develop.

You could even use many of the same instruments and the same musicians, but it would be a totally novel and new concept of music.

I assume most people don't really try new things too often in the industry because it's very risky and difficult to keep the $ flowing in if what you start doing isn't very popular at the time (even though in 20 years it could become classic).

So I can sort of understand why most people want to "play it safe". I suppose that I will have to just learn to be patient and wait. Like they say good things take time.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

I thourogly enjoyed that, and I'm proud to give you your 2000th star! I'm glad you presented a new and interesting musical act I'd never heard of before. I really do appreciate new impressions. Although, some of his material reminds me of Buckethead, and also Jarle Bernhoft in a strange way.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
he's still alive.

so is he.

now here's them together

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I've become a fan and a deep admirer as a musician and an enthusiast by listening to bands that's already been established. Craving a new genre may be a bit too ambitious. You can't possibly have explored every piece, every genre of music that exists. Why not try listening to something you'd never really consider? I can tell you that I've discovered some amazing music this way, at least more than sitting around hoping for something "new" to come along.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
How about a great one from an artist that just died a few months ago...

For Gary

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

mustaine and friedman the best, orianthia best for female, but ya cant just list a few, there are guitar gods everywhere kk downing, g tipton, a young ,vai, satch, clapton, hendrix page,could go on forever" play till ya fingers bleed" quote from uncle ted(ted nugent) practice makes perfect, ive been playin for 35 yrs and im still finding new stuff..gonna upload some soon to youtube and see what the masses think.
keep playin

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Way too subjective. too many different genres and styles to pick one person above all others

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

One of my all time favorites is the unsung Lindsey Buckingham. IMHO, an exceptionally talented musician who never received the recognition he deserves as a guitarist.

Seems there are several up and coming female musicians that are exceptional with their guitars. Orianthi and Kelly Richey among them. Juliette Valduriez and Desiree Bassett are another couple that come to mind.

edit on 4/28/2012 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
One great musician I didn't see noticed was David Gilmour.

He defiantly deserves a spot on the list with the other greats.

The Pulse tour was epic.
edit on 28-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
When I saw the headline for this thread I thought I was going to see some Zakk Wylde stuff.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Except for the vocals, my idol is Miyavi in terms of guitar playing
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
One great musician I didn't see noticed was David Gilmour.

He defiantly deserves a spot on the list with the other greats.

The Pulse tour was epic.
edit on 28-4-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Hah, indeed I could listen to Pink Floyd over and over (and have lol)

Have any of you heard Arjen Lucasson? AKA Ayreon?

AWESOME stuff from that guy, to say the least.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

Have any of you heard Arjen Lucasson? AKA Ayreon?

AWESOME stuff from that guy, to say the least.

Thanks for the suggestion, never heard of em.

Going to check it out now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join