It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 'Battleship' Movie: Full of Reptilian Symbolism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry

Very interesting? Perhaps the director intended to tell us something?

The directors intention was obviously to make an interesting FICTIONAL movie.

"Reptile people" are FICTION. Nobody has yet PROVEN otherwise.

Fictional movie, period.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by workitout

NASA and every other government agency does nothing but fear monger anyways.

I guarantee you there's plenty of scientists out there, especially computer scientists who know the capabilities of technology and what would be required on a computational level to direct interstellar travel, would tell you straight up if they we're hostile and or needed resources they'd have already came here.

Look at this way as well, why come to a place that's going to fight back? There's probably plenty of other planets out there that are not inhabited by intelligent species and have plenty of resources they can harvest.

The entire hurrdurr they want resources they want a planet thing is logically flawed, and I'd advise you recalculate your sources for developing a opinion. NASA is not a reputable source for philosophical debate, especially when most of us here at ATS are under the impression they, along with many other scientific, military and government institutes are all working together to provide a common agenda to the minds of the masses.

If they wanted resources, why the hell would they have waited until we had nuclear weaponry? Why the hell would they even come to a planet that would put up a fight? They ran out of water? Go to a planet with no one inhabited on it.

I believe people that think like this are poisoned by the rhetoric of our own species. We think just because we're hostile and try and take over other areas for resources, that the rest of the universe must as well - but the more likely thesis is that any species who wages war to gain resources will spend more resources on the war than what it is they gain, and you can do the math from there. Any species that develops as we do and doesn't have a insanely powerful change of tactic, are going to destroy themselves just as we are right now.

They wouldn't have to invade us, they could just wait for us to destroy ourselves because quite obviously that's the point we're headed towards.

uh, just because we can make some calculations doesn't mean we can map out all possible solar systems, in fact what proof do you have for that?

Moores Law. You should look it up sometime. You should also look up IBMs instantaneous memory, the breakthroughs in quantum computerization, etc.

The data that can be processed is now reaching a exponential rate on our planet, on an advanced planet it'd be incomprehensible.

How do I know this? I'm a Computer Scientist, so before you carry on with the personal attacks, realize that I have a very logical mind. And by logic, it is a simple fact that if there was hostile species of alien that they would have already been here and taken over by now. It's not wishful thinking, person. It's called math.
edit on 28-4-2012 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

i completely understand where your coming from mate, similar to the way the first thing tptb do with to anyone spilling the beans is to label them a crackpot, crank or conspiracy theorist etc etc, but my point is (in the lines you quoted) that a mass movie (with rhianna in, which will attract a hell of a lot of people) would not have any hidden truths in it - no way on this earth would they reveal secrets to so many people round the world, u beleive what you beleive and i'll stick to what i beleive - no worries big man!!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

ok you say why come to a place thats going to fight back, well how do you know our most leathal weapon - nuclear missiles will have any effect?? if theses sightings round the world are real then theyre definitely ging to be small scouting craft checking us out, so they know what weve got (and probably more importantly what we havent got). imagine they have sheilds against nukes, then what?? we get our arses kicked!!

you also said "The entire hurrdurr they want resources they want a planet thing is logically flawed, and I'd advise you recalculate your sources for developing a opinion. NASA is not a reputable source for philosophical debate, especially when most of us here at ATS are under the impression they, along with many other scientific, military and government institutes are all working together to provide a common agenda to the minds of the masses"

i merely used it as an example to back mr hawkings theory, if you dont see nasa as a credible source then that comes down to personal opinion (which im all for, life would be crap if we all thought the same). although you may be a computer scientist (whatever that entails - but it did make me smile), i think im more inclined to believe in my own and hawkings thoughts.

im looking at it from someone looking at us from the outside, the human race is horrid 9apart from about maybe 20% or so, most people are so full of themselves, hatred, vanity etc, and so many countries are at war. if i was watching us id erradicate us for sure!! bloody shame tho for the good guys tho

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

one last thing?? where was my persoanl attack?? im a peaceful man, i never make attacks on ayone fella

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Sorry about that, that was actually directed towards demongoat.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Can anyone name me one time where a director knew something that the rest of us didnt so he decided to include symbolism into a film to tell us all the secret?

edit on 28-4-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

2001: A Space Odyssey.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3
[
edit on 28/4.2012 by workitout because: (no reason given)

can anyone tell me how to delete a post, i posted a messed up reply and want to remove this altogether, help would be v much apreciated chaps

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

that wasnt the director - stanley kubrick, it was down to arthur c clarke the author of the book, who many see as a modern day prophet!!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

thanks for the apology man appreciated!!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
"Reptilian symbolism?"

I was unaware there had been any evidence to confirm a species of "Reptilians" even existed, let alone that researchers had identified symbols specific to that species.

Let's keep it real.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I kind of blame myself for this movie. Shame on me for even mentioning the word Battleship, in 2009 in Arizona, to a bunch of Hollywood thugs who hack writers' computers to rip off ideas for revenge, sabotage, and profit. Either that, or I had precognition about this. No, I had described a scene, before I knew my apartment had a hidden magnetic microphone attached to the ceiling fan in the kitchen. Here goes:

When I was of single-digit age, I saw a scene of a daydream or precognition, of 2 young men, around high school age, sitting in a yard, looking at what I thought, in the 1980s, they were playing the game Battleship. But now, looking back, I realize, these young men were on laptop computers! One was studying the newer physics, and the other one was chatting with the ladies online. I recounted this memory while I was in my apartment, being recorded for about a year, by what amounts to evil people.

Crazy? Insane? Yes, it goes there, but this is the highly speculative. At the time I frequented conspiracy websites, talking about aliens. GLP, ATS, etc. So, why is there so much reptilian influence in the movie? You're welcome!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

In fact mid to late Stanley Kubrick films have a sub narrative more important than the main overt story. And 2001 was a Kubrick project that he employed Clarke to co-write under his direction - or that is what I got from the wiki history of it.

For more youtube Rob Ager who in the UK here is building a little reputation for finding hidden messages in a small section of films.

What is not easy for many people to understand on first encounter is the idea of hidden narratives and indirect ways of expressing ideas. Not more than 1 in a 1000 films I would guess have strong duel narratives.

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
an old high school friend of mine is a hollywood writer/director

I've been telling him to come here for ideas for a movie for YEARS

I'm sure plenty of other guys are already doing it

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by yyyyyyyyyy

so it seems, i stand corrected. i wouldnt take wiki as a source so i mooched around a little, and it was a collaboration between the 2

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So many assumptions and no hard evidence for either that has been said.

We can all assume what we like, the fact of the matter is...... we DON'T KNOW!
so don't get all upset over this.

The possibilities are endless and either one could be right. The Universe is that big of a place that any of what has been said can be a possibility.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

That new trailer was out in early March; are you slow?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
Just watched the battleship movie. Same basic story as we've seen before: aliens invade Earth and we kick their ass. However, in the Battleship movie, there does seem to be an unusual abundance of reptilian symbolism. The invading aliens have reptilian eyes, for example, and cannot see properly in our sunlight. Additionally, one of the navy officers shows the captain a picture of a lizard, when explaining the ET's weakness to the ship's captain.

Very interesting? Perhaps the director intended to tell us something?

where did you watch it???

is it OUT ???

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
Yeah, they also ripped off Hawkings retarded quote "If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the American Indians."

It's the stupidest idea ever, logically speaking.

If aliens we're hostile, I doubt they'd need for us to contact them. They'd have better technology than us, and they'd know that Earth was in the zone from the sun which makes the planet habitable. They would of already came, millions of years ago, and taken over.

For as smart as Hawkings is, he made a absolutely RETARDED statement regarding that whole synopsis of "aliens will invade us if we contact them"

It wasnt a retarded qoute, it was actually pretty smart.

Columbus wasnt the first white man in the "new world". Plus it works for every more advanced civilization. The more advanced civilization end up destroying the weaker ones.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

Bro were not even sure if intersteller travel is even possible, it is only a theory. It would take millions of years for a civilization to map out every solar system in the observeable universe.

Oh and for finding planets in the Habitable zone of stars, yes we have found atleast 1 maybe 2, the rest are planet canidates and havent been labeled as actual planets yet.

Keplar 22 B is the only 1 that has been found to be in the Habitable or "Goldilocks" Zone

The Kepler Science Team has found 1,790 host stars with a total of 2,321 planet candidates as of 2012 Feb 27, up from the 1,235 planet candidates announced 2011 February 1. Some candidates may not be planets—false positives that look like transiting planets, but are not. Many scientists are doing follow-up observing with ground-based telescopes to confirm discoveries. Confirmed planets are announced as discoveries.

kepler.nasa.gov...

Again the Hawkings qoute is actually quite brillant.

As far as the movie being full of symbolism, come on its a movie. Indiana Jones is full of Nazi Symbolism

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join