It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 'Battleship' Movie: Full of Reptilian Symbolism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just watched the battleship movie. Same basic story as we've seen before: aliens invade Earth and we kick their ass. However, in the Battleship movie, there does seem to be an unusual abundance of reptilian symbolism. The invading aliens have reptilian eyes, for example, and cannot see properly in our sunlight. Additionally, one of the navy officers shows the captain a picture of a lizard, when explaining the ET's weakness to the ship's captain.

Very interesting? Perhaps the director intended to tell us something?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
But since they are shown as aliens, aren't they meant to have reptilian type eyes?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I for one am interested in symbolics within movies, so I intend to watch this eventually to add anything to this thread.
it's become fairly obvious that movies are the new subconscious interaction from which the controllers can actively direct us sheeple through certain cues within the films. whether it be fashion or whatever etc..

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hopefully, this will be a good Alien movie. Haven't seen a good one for AGES!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Or maybe its just a story, using concepts that are already familiar with people.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yeah, they also ripped off Hawkings retarded quote "If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the American Indians."

It's the stupidest idea ever, logically speaking.

If aliens we're hostile, I doubt they'd need for us to contact them. They'd have better technology than us, and they'd know that Earth was in the zone from the sun which makes the planet habitable. They would of already came, millions of years ago, and taken over.

For as smart as Hawkings is, he made a absolutely RETARDED statement regarding that whole synopsis of "aliens will invade us if we contact them"

edit on 28-4-2012 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Can anyone name me one time where a director knew something that the rest of us didnt so he decided to include symbolism into a film to tell us all the secret?

edit on 28-4-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The circel is complete

A movie director gets inspired from reptile conspiracies and use it in his movie, the conspiracy sites then use that movie as a sign of reptilian conspiracies

edit on 28-4-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
Yeah, they also ripped off Hawkings retarded quote "If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the American Indians."

It's the stupidest idea ever, logically speaking.

If aliens we're hostile, I doubt they'd need for us to contact them. They'd have better technology than us, and they'd know that Earth was in the zone from the sun which makes the planet habitable. They would of already came, millions of years ago, and taken over.

For as smart as Hawkings is, he made a absolutely RETARDED statement regarding that whole synopsis of "aliens will invade us if we contact them"

Just because an alien civilization may have better technology than us doesn't mean we won't by chance be able to find them before they find us. For example, a bow and arrow and kill a person just the same as a modern-day gun. But if you take an army from our current time and pit them against, say, native americans back during the time bows and arrows were the height of their weapons technology, they'd be wiped out. The point is, you're assuming they WOULD or even COULD find us before we find them. Hawkings' quote was NOT stupid. If you haven't noticed, the size of the universe is beyond comprehension. Said alien civilization may be only, say, comparatively 200 years ahead of us, giving them superior technology, but not to the level of searching the entirety of the universe.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
Hawkings' quote was NOT stupid.

Yes. It is stupid. We can find habitable planets. If there we're hostile and/or predatory civilizations that had advanced to intergalactic travel, they would of visited as many possible planets that we're habitable as they could of. By the time they reached the point of intergalactic travel, they would have the technology and computerization to effectively map out every single solar system within their viewing capability, and if they can't view us we cannot directly send them a signal.

This planet has been habitable for millions of years. They would have already came, it's logic. Perhaps they have already came, and are not quite as hostile as some imagined them.

If you haven't noticed, the size of the universe is beyond comprehension. Said alien civilization may be only, say, comparatively 200 years ahead of us, giving them superior technology, but not to the level of searching the entirety of the universe.

If they're 200 years ahead of us, 10 years ahead of, 10000 years ahead of us, and they have the capability of intergalactic travel they have the capability of mapping out all possible solar systems using automated tracking and calculation algorithms which are already being put in place today, by our own people.

His quote was stupid, and there's no debating it. Pushing an agenda if anything.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
Just watched the battleship movie. Same basic story as we've seen before: aliens invade Earth and we kick their ass. However, in the Battleship movie, there does seem to be an unusual abundance of reptilian symbolism. The invading aliens have reptilian eyes, for example, and cannot see properly in our sunlight. Additionally, one of the navy officers shows the captain a picture of a lizard, when explaining the ET's weakness to the ship's captain.

Very interesting? Perhaps the director intended to tell us something?

other than that the reptilian nonsense has reached critical mass in the pop-culture consciousness that he feels the need to use it? no.
there is nothing special about this other than the guy knows about these beliefs people have.
jumping to the conclusion that movie directors know something deeper than "this sounds like a good idea for a movie" is baseless and people really need to stop.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Yes: Take the Star Wars movies: George Lucas, massive insider, represents the Death Star almost exactly the same as Mimas, a moon of Saturn. He also portrays two suns rising on a planet, which I believe planet Earth was once like, with our sun and the Saturn-sun rising (I think Saturn is a brown dwarf by the way, not a planet, and once acted as a second sun for Earth).

Also, John Carpenter's 'They Live' is an excellent movie (which you can watch in parts on YouTube), which really underpins what is happening in this world.

Avatar: I'm sure I don't need to go into that one. The parallels between the blue people and us are remarkable.
edit on 28-4-2012 by chemistry because: spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
Hawkings' quote was NOT stupid.

Yes. It is stupid. We can find habitable planets. If there we're hostile and/or predatory civilizations that had advanced to intergalactic travel, they would of visited as many possible planets that we're habitable as they could of. By the time they reached the point of intergalactic travel, they would have the technology and computerization to effectively map out every single solar system within their viewing capability, and if they can't view us we cannot directly send them a signal.

This planet has been habitable for millions of years. They would have already came, it's logic. Perhaps they have already came, and are not quite as hostile as some imagined them.

If you haven't noticed, the size of the universe is beyond comprehension. Said alien civilization may be only, say, comparatively 200 years ahead of us, giving them superior technology, but not to the level of searching the entirety of the universe.

If they're 200 years ahead of us, 10 years ahead of, 10000 years ahead of us, and they have the capability of intergalactic travel they have the capability of mapping out all possible solar systems using automated tracking and calculation algorithms which are already being put in place today, by our own people.

His quote was stupid, and there's no debating it. Pushing an agenda if anything.

Ok... Let's say this. I have a diamond ring, the last one left in the world, and it's valued at $1 billion. I bury it 1 inch under the sand on a beach and tell you to find it. You have a metal detector and whatever means of transportation you require to travel, whether on the beach itself or to another beach. Despite the fact that you have the technology to find it, you probably won't.
Just because an alien civilization has intergalactic travel and the ability to find worlds doesn't mean we wouldn't by chance find theirs and alert them to our presence before they know of our existence. Earth would be like that diamond ring buried on the beach, with billions of potential beaches to search... Except now it's sending out signals, making it that much easier to find.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

gah! what the heck are you trying to say here? i'm having a really hard time figuring it out. do you even understand what that quote meant? it wasn't in reference to hostility it was in reference to alienness and maybe disease.
do you realize how many earth-like planets there are out there? we have mapped so little of the galaxy as yet, but we have found 500 already, and if you are right, why would you think they would have visited us already?

that isn't logic, that is assumption and wishful thinking.

uh, just because we can make some calculations doesn't mean we can map out all possible solar systems, in fact what proof do you have for that?
also, intergalactic travel doesn't imply being able to map out all possible solar systems, that is completely based on assumptions with no evidence.

oh right, because if you think it is stupid it must be right? you don't seem to have a clue what hawking was meaning when he said that.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
most movies are based on things we know about or are talking about, just highly exaggerated. theyve got lizard eyes because thats one of the perceived aliens weve been trained to believe in (those and the big black eyes you see on the "old take me to your dealer" posters), that way the movie has a kinda of "oooh imagine that, it could happen" feel to it. for example in the 80s we had jurassic park, while genetics was a new thing to the public so we made movies about it. theres really nothing seret or hidden tptb would allow us to know in a movie, especially in a hollywood corporate production. get real freind!!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

stephen hawkings idea of aliens visiting is probably more correct than you think, recently nasa held a forum to dicuss for what reasons would aliens would most likely arrive here for, they came to the conclusion that most likely it would be resources or minerals, in which case we would probably be enslaved as a workforce or eliminated as an obstacle, 2nd was colonization of the planet, again we would be an obstacle, so elimination for us again - crappy eh!, 3rd on the list was freindly reasons - so nasas seem to agree with hawking from where im standing. i will try and find a link for you if you didnt see the story already!! let me know if you need it man.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Yes: Take the Star Wars movies: George Lucas, massive insider, represents the Death Star almost exactly the same as Mimas, a moon of Saturn. He also portrays two suns rising on a planet, which I believe planet Earth was once like, with our sun and the Saturn-sun rising (I think Saturn is a brown dwarf by the way, not a planet, and once acted as a second sun for Earth).

oh right because you can't just copy the look of a moon or imagine a planet with two suns. also, go look up what a brown dwarf is before you start labeling stuff with the name, brown dwarfs are bodies bigger than jupiter
, they are bodies that are just shy of being stars because they don't have the mass to produce fusion.

Also, John Carpenter's 'They Live' is an excellent movie (which you can watch in parts on YouTube), which really underpins what is happening in this world.

you mean it was a criticism of the corporate greed and materialism of the 80's? sorry but i thought everyone was aware of what the movie was going for.

Avatar: I'm sure I don't need to go into that one. The parallels between the blue people and us are remarkable.
edit on 28-4-2012 by chemistry because: spelling

uh that was the goal of the creator, to criticize the imperialism of the US. it was allusion, proof ham-fisted criticism.
it was so blatant that the only thing cameron could have done to make it more obvious was spell it out in neon letters.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by workitout
theres really nothing seret or hidden tptb would allow us to know in a movie, especially in a hollywood corporate production. get real freind!!

Ever hear of plausible deniability?
Let's say for example that... 10% of the world knows what greys are. The other 90% has never heard of them or seen them. Now, it starts becoming apparent to those 10% that the greys are a threat of some sort, that they're real and not to be trusted. But the government has other ideas. So now a movie is made based on them. Those 90% of the people who have never heard of them suddenly know them as fictional characters. When the original 10% try to discuss them, they're suddenly either delusional or lying. "Oh, those aren't real, they're from that movie!" Revealing sensitive things in a movie is the perfect way to hide them.
If I told you I saw a ...reptilian, for example, would you believe me? Maybe, maybe not. But what if some movie was now made about them that became extremely popular? Now I'm simply trying to lie to make people buy into my stories and delusion to increase my own popularity. Now you probably WON'T hear a thing I have to say, simply based on the existence of said movie.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
Hopefully, this will be a good Alien movie. Haven't seen a good one for AGES!!!

Nah sadly its not, but its watchable.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

If they've mastered intergalactic travel they've mastered the ability to scan all visible stars and make the calculations necessary to determine whether or not the planet is habitable, and more than likely they've been scanning multitudes of the galaxy with SETI-like systems and deep space telescopes that run off quantum computers or something far beyond which would effectively map out everything in their visible spectrum.

If somehow they didn't develop the technologies I've mentioned, then they're obviously using wizardry to move from one galaxy/solar system to the next.

That would mean that Stephen Hawkings believes the universe is filled with hostile, predatory, planet-dominating wizards that don't have the most preliminary observational capabilities needed to even begin a intergalactic mission.

So I say we blast signals EVERYWHERE(as we ALREADY DO.) until the space wizards come here, then the space wizards, the reptilians, the greys and the Illuminati can all have a gay old time together.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join