It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How our President will be elected... who will be electing him and does your vote count

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is the subject that we should be discussing and trying to inform all of our members on, whether you are republican or democrat, right or left you should know how your President is elected.

So we know how the nomination works, we have seen and heard and spoke about that quite alot, so after the republican nomination is aquired where do the people go then.

Just as Delegates vote for a specific region the Electoral College votes for the President supposedly from a certian region. So I asked myself... well who is the "Electoral College" and who votes for them to vote?

The Electoral College consists of the electors appointed by each state who formally elect the President and Vice President of the United States. Since 1964, there have been 538 electors in each presidential election
en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)

538 total electors

Presidential elections occur quadrennially (the count beginning with the year 1792) on Election Day, the Tuesday between November 2 and 8,[1] coinciding with the general elections of various other federal, states and local races. The most recent was the 2008 presidential election, held on November 4 that year. The next will be the 2012 election, to be held on November 6.

November 6th is the day.
history.howstuffworks.com...

Each state has a number of electors equal to the number of its U.S. senators (2 in each state) plus the number of its U.S. representatives, which varies according to the state's population. Currently, the Electoral College includes 538 electors, 535 for the total number of congressional members, and three who represent Washington, D.C., as allowed by the 23rd Amendment. On the Monday following the second Wednesday in December, the electors of each state meet in their respective state capitals to officially cast their votes for president and vice president. These votes are then sealed and sent to the president of the Senate, who on Jan. 6 opens and reads the votes in the presence of both houses of Congress. The winner is sworn into office at noon Jan. 20. Most of the time, electors cast their votes for the candidate who has received the most votes in that particular state. However, there have been times when electors have voted contrary to the people's decision, which is entirely legal

They can choose whatever they want contrary to public opinion, they are mailed in secret and held in secret.

Who is the president of the Senate? The president of the senate is also known as the presiding officer, which use to regulary be the vice president,

The President pro tempore ( /ˌproʊ ˈtɛmpəriː/;[1][2] or /ˌproʊ ˈtɛmpəreɪ/;[2][3] also President pro tem) is the second-highest-ranking official of the United States Senate. The United States Constitution states that the Vice President of the United States is the President of the Senate and the highest-ranking official of the Senate despite not being a member of the body. During the Vice President's absence, the president pro tempore presides over its sessions or appoints another senator to do so. The president pro tempore is elected by the Senate and is customarily the longest serving senator in the majority party.[4] Normally, neither the Vice President of the United States nor the President pro tempore presides; instead, the duty is generally delegated to the junior senators of the majority party to help them learn parliamentary procedure.[5] The president pro tempore is third in the line of succession to the presidency, after the vice president and the Speaker of the House of Representatives.[6]

So out of the numbers in some of the links I left you can see how many will be voting from your state, and now you should understand what they are and how they work,

So who elects them? Check this out... gets good.

The process for selecting electors varies throughout the United States. Generally, the political parties nominate electors at their State party conventions or by a vote of the party's central committee in each State.

Electors are often selected to recognize their service and dedication to their political party. They may be State-elected officials, party leaders, or persons who have a personal or political affiliation with the Presidential candidate.

So.. Are you a part of the partys central committee??? Those are the people that nominate the people.

Am I reading that all the votes get sent to JOE BIDEN to be held on too and read later, does anyone else feel uncomfortable with this.

So with this info you can surely come to a good conclusion whom your state is going to vote for by seeing who will be that political committee how many electoral college your state will use to vote,

And a better understanding of the whole system... please fill in if I missed

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I remind people all the time we do not live in a democracy, we live in a representative democracy. the funny thing is, I'm not sure I would want the average american directly voting on the budget anyway !

the original system was much much worse. in some states in the waay early days the state legislature decided who the delegates would be and who to vote for, with not even one vote being cast by a citizen. only male (white) land owners could vote in other states, and the electoral college was tiny, maybe 200 people. at least women and the poor can vote now, and delegates are bound in most cases by those votes in the districts they represent

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Oh I agree with you after investagating and seeing how things use to be done in contrast you could say they are getting better yet now in a day of age where most everyone is literate and able to vote the popular vote should count for more than it does.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I agree the EC is not perfect, far from it.

However, if you read the history of the convention and all the debate on the issue, it is not the worst outcome.

Part of me says let the peoples voice count per citizen. It is not spelled out that way in the Constitution but so what? They write legislation which runs afoul to it all the time. At least this might be for the good.

Before that there should be some sort of Civic Competency Exam a voter must past first before they are allowed to vote. A lot of Americans are just too ignorant to be depended on to make an informed decision.

Right now, regardless of the EC or not, the way our three branches operate need some cleaning up. No matter how they get there, what they do once arrived is the real issue.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I voted but my vote didn't get counted, it got lost. By rights, I should not be taxed. No taxation without representation was our first law here in the good ol' USA. The truth is that many more votes were "lost" and I suspect the GOP of orchestrating the "malfunction".
www.ejfi.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Oh I agree with you after investagating and seeing how things use to be done in contrast you could say they are getting better yet now in a day of age where most everyone is literate and able to vote the popular vote should count for more than it does.

I've often wondered about step further, a true direct democracy where issues are put up to a general vote, not just elections for office. lets just assume the voting system is fair, an no corruption for a second. the weakness in the system would be how voters get educated on the issues. a budget has like 700 pages ! all we ever hear about is talking points from a free but biased press. so the power in some ways would move to the perveyors of the information, the infuence peddlers, the shapers of opinion

and I don't know which is scarier !

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is if the Ron Paul people can postion their way in as Electoral College voters... then what is the point of the delegates and GOP nomination.. or any nomination at that matter, its all about having the right people on the inside..

Now if the Electoral College was made up of random citizens that were picked like you get picked in jury duty that would at least be something

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Voting is a crime and all citizens voting or not are enemies to the de jure government.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

Another example of how much citizens just do not know and what they take for granted.... you will not fight for freedome when you already believe you are free.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
So does anyone else have anything to add about the Electoral college process?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I remind people all the time we do not live in a democracy, we live in a representative democracy.

We have never lived in a democracy. We live in a Republic.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
So does anyone else have anything to add about the Electoral college process?

Yeah, it stinks. Second line.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Yes it does stink and I think that it is made that way to make a certain percent of people think that they actually have a voice or a vote, and a certain percent that know what really happens just not care because they know that their vote doesn't matter

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I would like to think that Ron Paul is thinking ahead and postitioning his people into areas whereas they can become the Electoral College voters.. if this is the case then he will win no matter what the Establishment wants.

I'm also a bit worried, I think after this election the PTB will be so scared about the way things are going they will change the whole game up and change the rules...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Seems strange to me that no one cares about this... I would think since this is all that we will be talking about soon, because once Romney is handed the nomination... notice I said "handed" not "won".. this will be the next process.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
people need to wake up and learn this.

We need to know so we can fight back.

Wake up america

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
people need to wake up and learn this.

We need to know so we can fight back.

Wake up america

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well I can tell you the droids in my district are only going to vote for rkomney, the Electors were showy arses and bulldozed anyone they thought represented Ron Paul or any other candidate.

The people who make it to that level are placed there by corruption of the system and not fairly or responsibly voted in. They will do as they are told.

Now there will be some who will make it in for the Liberty count. Those States who fought hard, were organized and won delegates openly, fairly and as individuals of thought and conscience.

You know, part of the verbal propaganda smear against Ron Paul was as simple as mincing words such as Liberty minded into Liberal, inexperienced, radical students.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

We've seen this multiple times over and over. The Establishment forcing out Ron Pauls people in the name of the "so called voters" that didn't show up.

The reason behind this post is to actually show the corruption and the multiple avenues of corruption we face in electing a president.

The truth behind it is that the president is picked, not voted for. Picked by the Establishment.... of course they pick 2 different people they don't care which one wins.

Then they laugh at us for really trying to get our guy elected.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Its not electoral college its DC or dictatorial college. You can only play the game and make decisions based on what has been dictated to you.

Half truths are worse than lies and hide the lie in plain sight. Too close to the face and cannot be seen.

But this is all considered schizophrenic talk and is often met with...
What are you talking about?
Are you on drugs?

Its not something you can explain to someone,,,,they have to be enlightened from within because its spiritual in nature.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Ephesian 6:12

The good news- Once you do awake its a done deal and you finally realize these dark powers arent as powerful as they lead you to believe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join