It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel ex-security chief says leadership 'misleading public' on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Israel ex-security chief says leadership 'misleading public' on Iran

www.bbc.co.uk

The former head of Israel's domestic intelligence agency has accused the country's leadership of "misleading" the public on the merits of a possible military strike on Iran.

Yuval Diskin said an attack might speed up any attempt by Iran to obtain a nuclear bomb.

Mr Diskin's harsh criticism appears to be another sign of deep disquiet within the Israeli military and intelligence community over Prime Minister Netanyahu's threats to attack Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

"Mr Diskin, who stepped down as Shin Bet chief last year after six years, said he had "no faith in the current leadership" of Mr Netanyahu and Mr Barak, according to Israeli media reports.

"I don't believe in a leadership that makes decisions based on messianic feelings," he said at a public meeting.

"They are misleading the public on the Iran issue. They tell the public that if Israel acts, Iran won't have a nuclear bomb. This is misleading. Actually, many experts say that an Israeli attack would accelerate the Iranian nuclear race."

There has been some surprising comments coming from other parts of the Israeli leadership, what exactly is going on here? I thought Israel was pretty united on Iran but its starting to not appear that way.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4/28/2012 by Uniceft17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So first the head of the Israeli Mossad (Intel Agency) comes out and opposes an Israeli attack in Iran and now the head of Israels most elite Special Forces unit comes out and does the same?

These are the people who know what's really going on. Intelligence agencies get information through infiltration, bribes, threats, hacks etc. and SF gets some of that info to the Mossad through their own operations.

In my book, these 2 people are heroes for speaking out the truth, knowing how much they have to lose...

I hope more brave Israeli men and women appear to stop this madness from evolving into a global problem before its too late and take back their country!

IT--
edit on 28-4-2012 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Frankly Benjamin Netanyahu should be removed from his post. He is a threat to global peace. I remember when the Gulf War happened and the US had to slap him down as he was all set to attack Iraq in retaliation for the one or two scud missles that landed in Israel. I am not happy with this guy having his finger on the nuclear button. He is too much of a hot head and is a dangerous man. I dont trust him one iota.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Frankly Benjamin Netanyahu should be removed from his post. He is a threat to global peace. I remember when the Gulf War happened and the US had to slap him down as he was all set to attack Iraq in retaliation for the one or two scud missles that landed in Israel. I am not happy with this guy having his finger on the nuclear button. He is too much of a hot head and is a dangerous man. I dont trust him one iota.

Learn the facts before you write.

Yitzhak Shamir was the Israeli PM at the time, not Benjamin Netanyahoo,
and no one had to slap him down.
It wasn't “1 or 2 Scud missiles that landed in Israel “, but 39.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss

Learn the facts before you write.

Yitzhak Shamir was the Israeli PM at the time, not Benjamin Netanyahoo,
and no one had to slap him down.
It wasn't “1 or 2 Scud missiles that landed in Israel “, but 39.

He didn't imply Benjamin Netanyahu was the PM back then.
In fact he was Israeli Deputy Foreign Minister

Please notice, it is the same speech in 1991 that he uses today.Just replace PLO/Yasser Arafat by Hamas, and replace Saddam Hussein/Iraq with Ahmadinejad/Iran and it is almost the exact same speech

And thanks for the info.
I also didn't know 39 scuds landed on Israel.

With the poor technology I'm assuming Saddam had, i must say he had good aim..

edit on 29-4-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
How many Scuds have landed in the US?? Or Manhanten?? Or Santa Cruz?? Morro Bay??? Oregan?? You all r crazy. I dont have to luv or hate Israel but to question a Countries leader when missiles are launched on you and not retaliate??

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Speeches are written for Leaders for a reason....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
How many Scuds have landed in the US?? Or Manhanten?? Or Santa Cruz?? Morro Bay??? Oregan?? You all r crazy. I dont have to luv or hate Israel but to question a Countries leader when missiles are launched on you and not retaliate??

Maybe Saddam did just that, retaliate ... 10 years later

Operation Opera

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by edog11
So first the head of the Israeli Mossad (Intel Agency) comes out and opposes an Israeli attack in Iran and now the head of Israels most elite Special Forces unit comes out and does the same?

These are the people who know what's really going on. Intelligence agencies get information through infiltration, bribes, threats, hacks etc. and SF gets some of that info to the Mossad through their own operations.

edit on 28-4-2012 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

The Mossad is the foreign defense agency. The guy who is speaking out was head of the domestic agency. They are separate, and apparently can have differing views on matters. Actually, maybe they agree... The ex-chief can only speak for himself personally because he left the domestic agency years ago. He's just expressing his opinion and saying other experts share the same opinion.

I read article carefully.

The Prime Minister is doing what it seems every world leader involved in war does...lying. This is how they are, so much, that this shouldn't even be in the "news" because it's as old as time itself. It would be news if he said he's backing down or stepping down due to a change of heart.

Really... anything just to give people something to read or talk about. That's all news is for anyway. We personally have jack influence over these important matters.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Corporatism at its finest. France Sells Iraq Nukes Check. Sanctions when Iraq uses US Sold Biological Weapons on Iran Check. Tell Iraq OK to invade Kuwait Check. Start Persian Gulf War (destroy (soften) Iraq Army). Invade Iraq based on Nukes from France (Niger LOL) CHECK MATE.

PROFIT!!!!!

edit on 29-4-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
In the last few weeks there has also been the deputy PM admitting that Ahmedinejad DID NOT say they wanted to wipe Israel off the map, the head of the armed forces saying Iran IS NOT making nuclear weapons and quite possibly never will, and now this.

Yet, the politicians in the West and Nutty-Yahoo are still beating the war drums and the media are still openly spouting unsubstantiated "facts" and helping condition the populace for more war.

If Iran agrees to the snap inspections that have been put forward, then that will finally take the wind out of the sails of those wanting a new war... for now that is, until they come up with another excuse!

Edited to add links for the above:

www.aljazeera.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Dissent in the ranks it seems!
edit on 29-4-2012 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Israel is a strong ally of the U.S.

If there is a war between Iran and Israel the U.S. would inevitably be involved on the Israeli side. That could lead to a broader conflict involving more of the middle east.

I don't think anyone here wants to see that happen. I personally am worried.

top topics

join