It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Ice Ice Baby!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Fastfood restaurants add ice to cups of there drinks to make it so they put less soda into the cups so your not getting the soda you payed for!
Your only getting 60% of the soda you pay for!
This is a Conspiracie by the big food corporations and the Fastfood restaurants!
This is a Conspiracie to take more of your money and give you less soda!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but I like my soda cold. That takes ice!

The real conspiracy is how the chip manufacturers fill up half the damned bag with air.....you only get half a bag of chips!
edit on 28-4-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I don't know about you, but I like my soda cold. That takes ice!

The real conspiracy is how the chip manufacturers fill up half the damned bag with air.....you only get have a bag of chips!

I think they do that to help keep down the crushed chips at the bottom of the bag.
But it also saves them money also

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Not a conspiracy, just ruthless business sense. Order it without ice next time.

Monsanto + anything dealing with foods, there's a real conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJediMonsanto + anything dealing with foods, there's a real conspiracy.

Yeah... Damb GMO's

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You can ask for no ice.

You can also order a hamburger without the gherkin.

Stand up for yourself. Especially at McDonalds.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Germanicus because: typo

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i get free refills everywhere i go to eat.. as do most other people. no conspiracy here unless you dont like cold pop?
edit on 28-4-2012 by Bonkrh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
They're doing you a favor!!

More ice = less poison you're drinking.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You shouldn't complain, the ice is probably better for you.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by casioofnoon
Fastfood restaurants add ice to cups of there drinks to make it so they put less soda into the cups so your not getting the soda you payed for!
This is a Conspiracie by the big food corporations and the Fastfood restaurants!

No conspiracy. Try going into a fast food place in Texas in 90 degree weather, see what happens if they served drinks with no ice.....

Every place I've ever been, you can just say no ice. Most places now, give you an empty cup, you add your own if you want it.

Des

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh
i get free refills everywhere i go to eat.. as do most other people. no conspiracy here unless you dont like cold pop?

Alot of places do free Refills or give you a emty cup but you pay alot more then it cost to make the soda... If you was to buy it right off the line it would cost you like 2 cents a gallon... So no matter how much you refill your cup... You still dont get what you payed for...
edit on 28-4-2012 by casioofnoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by casioofnoon

Many fast food places now just give you an empty cup and let the customer fill it however they want.
In such cases don't give yourself ice.
And like other posters in this thread, I too will say ask for no ice.
There crisis over.

Or simply skip the soda at fast food joints and buy what you want at the grocers
edit on 4/28/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Really? have you seen the machines the ice is made in? I used to be a manager for a chain of pubs and when I was training I used to checkout every ice machine to see if they were being cleaned etc and not one had ever been cleaned.
I never get ice when I goto a pub etc because I have seen the slime many have in.[People think that bacteria doesnt grow at - temps but they do but many people just don't think so do as I do say no to ice
editby]edit on 28-4-2012 by boymonkey74 because: been so long ago that I have used the keyboard and I made mistakes

edit on 28-4-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Really? have you seen the machines the ice is made in? I used to be a manager for a chain of pubs and when I was training I used to checkout every ice machine to see if they were being cleaned etc and not one had ever been cleaned.
I never get ice when I goto a pub etc because I have seen the slime many have in.
edit on 28-4-2012 by boymonkey74 because: been so long ago that I have used the keyboard and I made mistakes

Yuck

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

All you have to do is look at a foodservice equipment catalog. The ice machine section explains how the different cube shapes displace the most amount of beverage. They don't even hide it, so it's not really a "conspiracy".

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I never get ice when I goto a pub etc because I have seen the slime many have in.
edit on 28-4-2012 by boymonkey74 because: been so long ago that I have used the keyboard and I made mistakes

Yup really! Obviously you aren't familar with the ingredients in cola and other soft drinks.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh

Alot of places do free Refills or give you a emty cup but you pay alot more then it cost to make the soda... If you was to buy it right off the line it would cost you like 2 cents a gallon... So no matter how much you refill your cup... You still dont get what you payed for...
edit on 28-4-2012 by casioofnoon because: (no reason given)

If your goal is to not spend money for the service provided....don't go to fast food places....

Des

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
America is about choice!
Like whether or not you want a baked potato, frosty, or french fries with your Baconator!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
A&W burger joints do not as a matter of course, put ice in their drinks, they chill their inside mugs in a freezer, and the pop is chilled to near freezing before it hits the cup, even the to-go drinks are ice cold, without the ice cubes other fast food joints fill their cups with.

I have a few times asked for no ice in my drink at McDonalds, and still got ice, every time it has happened, i have returned the drink and asked for it to be corrected, only a few times has that lead to problems.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCanI have a few times asked for no ice in my drink at McDonalds, and still got ice, every time it has happened, i have returned the drink and asked for it to be corrected, only a few times has that lead to problems.

Yeah i say no ice alll the time but they still give it to me.
Cuz there made to do it!
What happend the times it has that lead to problems?
Did they yell at you?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join