It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIT computer simulation predicts total global economic collapse in less than 20 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

According to a group of researchers from the Jay W. Forrester's institute at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), a computer simulation concluded that the world could suffer a "global economic collapse" coupled by a "precipitous population decline" at current rates of resource consumption.

According to the group's web site, the research project "took into account the relations between various global developments and produced computer simulations for alternative scenarios."

"Part of the modeling were different amounts of possibly available resources, different levels of agricultural productivity, birth control or environmental protection," it said.

The recent MIT research builds upon an earlier body of work from the same esteemed institution, dated 1972, that some in the scientific community regard infamous. According to a report in the Smithsonian Magazine, a team led by researcher Dennis Meadows used computer modeling for the first time in an attempt to answer "a centuries-old question: When will the population outgrow the planet and the natural resources it has to offer?"

Most of the computer models found steady population and economic growth rates until about 2030. Then, the researchers found, conditions begin to decline, and without "drastic measures for environmental protection," scenarios began predicting higher likelihoods of population and economic crashes.

(Source)

Where have we heard this before? Oh, yes, that's right:

We keep hearing how population growth is not sustainable because TPTB would prefer that it be a smaller number as referenced on the Georgia guidestones. Their sustainable numbers are probably taking into account the vast amount of resources the super wealthy and elite require to sustain their lifestyle.

Slash and burn economics, war, and unsustainable debt. You don't really need a model to predict this, it sounds like a no-brainer to me.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Population growth being unsustainable has little to do with what TPTB want; too many people is NOT a good thing. With that being said, I think that 2 billion people is a good number, anything highly exceeding this is detrimental to our planet.

Let me put it this way, for as long as we're dependent on the planet's resources, we cannot breed like rabbits. Once we develop and integrate alternative, renewable energy into the mainstream we will be able to increase in population without damaging the planet. Until then, however, for both our sake and the sake of the longevity of our planet's fertility, we must keep population in check.

I think it's very telling that our system needs reforming if it's imminent collapse will lead to the death of billions.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I give it two. At max.
Im not an economist or a supercomputer though, im making that guess based on the information i've seen coming down the pipeline, and once the dots are connected..

Global economic collapse has already started, in 2008. They just delayed it. Look at the EU right now, they just entered a double dip recession now.. And as we all know in a globalist world, that effects everyone across the planet. We'll see economic decline soon. I personally want it to happen sooner, rather then later.

Then again, i also want lynch mobs roaming the streets and hanging the financial terrorists that put the human race in this situation.

Note: overpopulation is a myth they perpetrate to justify eugenics. and to have people follow along because 'there is not enough resources'. Well. Thats a lie and we all know it. The real reason is 'there is not enough energy' aka 'we're not going to give anyone energy unless they pay out the ass for it'. Free energy would solve all of it.
edit on 28/4/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If the population collapses, the super wealthy will not have enough people left to work the factories, cut the lumber, work the mines, clean their pools etc to be able to hang on to the lifestyle to which they have become accustomed.

Your argument that it is the super wealthy who want to keep population below 500 million makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If it was the same computer that programmed that mars lander then is was probably miscalibrated and in the wrong units..... I bet it's 2 months not 20 years haha
/.5sarcasm
Not the same computer
edit on 28-4-2012 by Majestyka because: Sp

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
MIT romneybama said what?
if the bankers keep running the show it will only be financial collapse for the peons

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
MIT romneybama said what?
if the bankers keep running the show it will only be financial collapse for the peons

Then the peons will revolt. I can't wait. I'll be on the front lines. Got some nice ideas as well to counter-attack police without harming too.

One of them includes neon pink paintballs..
"Oh my..you look like a storm trooper with all that gear on.."
"now your pink! b!tch!"

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The peons will revolt against each other
thats why you have Travon Zimmerman et al
Black- White, French - English, Christians- Muslims...Poor- Rich(ooops scuse me, Middle class)
I'm sure you have noticed all the warhawk propaganda

there is no over population..only bad theft...I mean management
technologically adavnced countries are failling to preproduce at a 1for1 replacement rate.
only the resourse deprived and those that want to create a population base breed at over unity

the economic collapse will start the day they stop the government checks to a critical mass of the population
probably the same day as the new flu gets free of the lab....

PS
They was beatch the day they first wore armour

real men wear plaid
edit on 28-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
"at current rates of resource consumption."

And yet, they encourage a consumeristic, throw away, style of consumption.
Make products that go out of style, or break, or wear out, every few months.
Throw it away, into a landfill, and buy another one. Repeat every year.
Use up the rare metals in throw away devices. Some of them probably toxic in landfills. They're not all recycled.

If we don't do this, the way "they've" set up society, economically, it still falls apart.

If we're in such danger of consuming away the world's resources, maybe they should stop encouraging so much consumption

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
"Ending is better then mending"- (Brave New World)

they would like to convince us we should go
so, the MMGW carbon taxes, and the polution, the radiation...
man is BAD, a cancer they say....

um
who chose to run things that way?
the same people gaming the system till its broken
well, liers are the prince of lies

thats who has got to go...first

the peons have less further to fall..
edit on 28-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Statistics and expert statements are made to control the public. They are a tool... not a guidance.

If MIT wants to make us think that we have 20 years, it's probably a lot shorter than that.

Think about how the common man or woman thinks when hearing 20 years... "Oh... ok, I've got some time to run on..." Well, that will make it a lot easier to part the weak ones from the strong.
The depop will go smoother and that's just what they need.

I don't believe 20 years either. Magic must happen to save us from the perils we are already in. At the moment, they are riding a wave of ignorance from the public. As long as we don't wanna look into the impossibility of creating fake money by printing and printing and printing, then they can keep us in check.

Start preparing.... don't believe a word they say, believe your eyes, believe your gut feeling. Head's will roll, but TPTB are dead wrong if they think it will be the heads of the common man and woman.
Revolution, on a world wide scale against the elite and those "in power" is the ONLY way... there is NO alternative.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I don't give it 20 years either. We are only one disaster away from the "tipping" point. A computer model can't predict how people will react.

It's the same reason why you can't program a computer to pick the correct lottery numbers. There's an element that can't be factored in.

new topics

top topics

join