It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian naval admiral: ‘If needed, we can move to within three miles of New York’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Judging by all the comments, it seems like most of you want a war with Iran.

Keep on following the pied piper's tune. I'm ok, I'm well far from the US or Iran.
So it should be a good fire works display from where I'm at.

Enjoy your hatred and negativity.

They laugh in your face.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

Personally I'd rather put the security of the globe in the hands of the Inuit peoples.

The US has become the terrorist state on the globe....not its peacemakers. All this blowing about Iran is enough to grey my hair (particularly as the citizens and political establishment appear to have learned nothing from recent invasions).

The Swiss may have a non-interventionist policy - trust me - its because they care not a jot about anyone else. On that note however, when was the last time you heard of Iran invading anyone?

Can anyone name just one successful US military adventure since WWII - other than the Grenada game (its 100,000 population might have had something to do with that little success). Any intervention that has been a requirement to directly protect the peoples of the US? Any war that has ACTUALLY been necessary?

Some of our US cousins should understand what they have become and how they are regarded across the globe? Sad.

edit on 29-4-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Being a former member of the intelligence community I can say with utmost confidence that it is a 99.9999999% chance that we know everything there is to know about Iran and all of their secrets, to include the times that the ayatollah takes his dumps.

It seems that people quickly forget that intelligence gathering is one of the aspects of being a military superpower. When it comes to incompetence like Iran, we know what they are going to do before they know what they are going to do.

Firstly if you are a "former" member of the intelligence community then how intelligent is that to admit this on a public forum sir? Surely the Worlds Governments who could extract information from you read this forum as well and might be able to track you down somehow through hacking this site. How intelligent are you being admitting stuff like that? Then again the US Government "intelligence" department knew before time that Al Queda were planning flying jets into targets in the US but yet three passenger liner planes were allowed to fly for over an hour "off course" without a single F-16 fighter being scrambled

Secondly instead of monitoring the bowel movements of the ayatollah perhaps the US "intelligence" department should focus more on stopping "911" events from happening. God knows they failed miserably in the past

Lastly the arrogance and Ra Ra chest pounding on this post is very disturbing and if this is the sign of American peoples feelings then the entire World is in deep poo

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The reason why the iranian navy officer made this statement is becuase the iranian navy recently aquired some new toys to the collection

arabnews.com...

Aswell as the fact that iran also has 3 kilo class.
Besides,weaponry classed as important only as when it is used properly and within its own comfortable enviroment.
guerilla tactics,civillian casualties and religous centres tend to put a dampener on modern weapon tech.
so the question is...."do they know how to use them?"......well i can tell you from personal experience from an area which i grew up in.That the british navy are in fact training the iranian naval officers in all aspects.
The officer that made this statement was trained by the british navy.

"If you are inside the circle,you cannot see the whole sphere"

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
Don't Forget 2001

4 Planes were taken over by so called "cave people" & allowed to fly Willy Nilly anywhere they wished for a long time over North Eastern America & eventually smashing them into us, with no real & proper effort to intercept them.

I bet they've already got a berthing spot on the Marina.
edit on 28-4-2012 by TrentReznor because: Bad spelling

Given this post is serious, you may well have proven that 9/11 was an inside job or it was 'allowed' to happen.

America has the most advanced 'everything' militarily, just look at the arrogance in this thread.

The biggest conspiracy of all time is that some hijackers commanded by a guy in a cave were able to fly TWO planes into the WTC. Just look at the timelines- the most advanced air force in the world never responded to TWO planes being hijacked and heading for New York? One plane had hit and the second wasn't hijacked until AFTER the first plane had crashed- and you genuinely believe nothing was done and that is legit?!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Does the navy still search for subs close to american shores?

I guess they will now! seriously though any sub transiting the atlantic or pacific would be detected and identified by the SOSUS line long before they even came within sight of the continental US.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

I agree with you.
I'm against an attack on Iran. I'm against all wars not fought in self defense.
Every country acts in self-interest, not just the swiss you know?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by Dembow

Personally I'd rather put the security of the globe in the hands of the Inuit peoples.

The US has become the terrorist state on the globe....not its peacemakers. All this blowing about Iran is enough to grey my hair (particularly as the citizens and political establishment appear to have learned nothing from recent invasions).

The Swiss may have a non-interventionist policy - trust me - its because they care not a jot about anyone else. On that note however, when was the last time you heard of Iran invading anyone?

Can anyone name just one successful US military adventure since WWII - other than the Grenada game (its 100,000 population might have had something to do with that little success). Any intervention that has been a requirement to directly protect the peoples of the US? Any war that has ACTUALLY been necessary?

Some of our US cousins should understand what they have become and how they are regarded across the globe? Sad.

edit on 29-4-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

Good post, the attitude of people in this thread- making a joke of the Iranians etc, it is heartbreaking.

Iran is a population of 80 million people, millions of innocent women and children and people are joking about nuking them.

It's OK for the West to completely sourround Iran with their Navy so why shouldn't Iran have their ships by the USA?

Crazy, crazy world.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

Iranian naval admiral: ‘If needed, we can move to within three miles of New York’

Has he seen the prices of real estate in New York?
Dream on Admiral

True.

I say if they can afford to move the entire crew of a navy battleship into Manhattan then it's proof the sanctions aren't working!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Here's an interview with Ret. U.S. Col. Douglas MacGregor, it's airing on RT News only this weekend

His views on Iran, Israel/U.S. & a little on Syria at the end.

For those against military action - he's a supporter of that view

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

No, I'm saying exactly what your saying, that if Iran wanted to put a force 3 miles from shore I'd bet America would "Let them" intentionally, just like on 9/11.

So yes they could.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

they lack the logistics to even get into the Atlantic ocean, ships require fuel, food and water. How will they get these supplies...? Also the last time I checked Iran does not have any OPEN ocean battle ships...

Just talking out their.blah....nothing to worry about...

Sniper

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This is down to the iranian goverment feeling threatened because of Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya that they feel the need to spout off what they proberly can't achieve. I feel for the civillians that will be caught in the cross fire cause as a whole they are peace loving people with a bunch of pratts running their goverment

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Coming from a long line of Navy Men myself, I totally agree. Only the American Navy would be able to park that close to a Sovereign Nation and get away with it. This is all propaganda and sabre rattling anyway.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
reply to post by Wonderer2012

No, I'm saying exactly what your saying, that if Iran wanted to put a force 3 miles from shore I'd bet America would "Let them" intentionally, just like on 9/11.

So yes they could.

Apologies, on second reading I can see what you meant.

I was too quick to assume you were being serious and not sarcastic

All the best

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I understand that the captian of that ship has told his logistic supply people that he won't need fuel for a return trip. He didn't explain why.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
as a veteran of the US Navy (USS Jouett CG-29 - RIP), i can guarantee you that iran could not deploy war ships 3 miles off the coast of NY.

15 miles out is international waters, so any closer and they would be trespassing on our property so to speak.
our navy is THE most capable on the planet and there are battle groups everywhere connecting the dots to other battle groups.

there is no way iran could park their ships here unless they were invited. period.
edit on 4/28/2012 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

Yea, if it went down it would probably be in some situation like this. Iran would sail their armed carriers to the 15mile water-border (like N. Korea does, you know provoking things) and we would have a big standoff.

The nuclear game at this point is just who wants to end it pushes the first button. Whoever touches that button is responsible for it all. At least the way the retaliating nations would see it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

?????

That's creepy.

So do they think they can conquer our little kingdom? Don't they realize the American public owns more weapons than the American military?

Or are they going to load a ship full of nuclear crap and detonate it like a suicide bombing at sea?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The germans hunted the eastern sea board in diesel subs
Canadians regularly sink the carrier in war games with the US using diesel subs

aside from Iran defending itself from attacks allready on going..covert action and sanctions being acts of war

this could also be the perfect set up for yet another false flag.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

this will surely win the sheeps approval... btw what navy if any? the antiquated Russian lead lined sinkers or the angry Chinese fishing scowls?

personally I just want those Persian females... that's good enough for me

lay all their men to peaceful rest!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join