It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real Supreme Being has no need for a bible to be created for people to read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Whatever the Supreme Being wants you to know, the Supreme Being would directly inform you telepathically.

Why? So you'd know it was the truth straight from the Source.

If you disagree with that, then explain why.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
First off, you can't prove that you're talking to yourself in your head, only you know it, and if you claim it's Abe Lincoln or John Lennon or Elvis then you're crazy, but if it's GOD then you're generally accepted as one of the "faithful."

It's true that if some being did exist that fits the description that theists represent of it, it wouldn't need anything on paper, but what is more likely:

A supreme being that is not all powerful that needs a confusing and edited book by many authors to get his point across?

Or that humans created god to fill in the gaps of their understanding and limited intelligence of the time about science, space and the human condition that in turn had a secondary effect of controlling the public through fear and intimidation?

King
edit on 28-4-2012 by Kingalbrect79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

the bible introduces you to the creator... it is very much needed, and quite possibly dangerous in the wrong hands such as the Popes!

Christ on a Stick anyone?

I'll pass on Catholicism but I will keep my Bible...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Who are you to speak for prime creator? Your assumptions make you no better than those you are criticizing. In all likely hood it is impossible for us to comprehend what prime creator is, none the less its motivations and goals. Its like a single cell in your body trying to understand your macroscopic self. Our perspective is far from the whole picture.

Esoteric teachings tell us prime creator is pure love and consciousness and that we are small slivers of that consciousness tasked with becoming self-aware of our true nature so that we can return to prime creator with our experiences so that prime creator can reach completion in its goal of experiencing every experience possible in a free will universe.

Religious dogma teaches us that prime creator is a male arch type god that is full of love and forgiveness but also has spats of jealousy and vengeance. To reach heaven we have to worship and serve god and that through this service our souls will be quenched with everlasting life. If we do not serve god and disobey his petty commandments we will be cast into the fire of eternal damnation.

You can see that depending on your perspective either might appeal to your consciousness, but both roads lead to prime creator. In fact all roads lead to prime creator because prime creator wants to experience all possibilities, good and bad. Duality is our perspective, not prime creators.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Whatever the Supreme Being wants you to know, the Supreme Being would directly inform you telepathically.

I disagree with your logic, study science, history, study study study the world around you and those in it before you come up with some bogus conclusion claiming that only when you hear a voice inside your head that the source is automatically the Supreme Being, and what makes you so sure the bible has no truth? You haven't read it, haven't applied it/tested it, what do you know? Why throw our bibles out, why not popes and bishops or budda statues? And who are you talking to? Statistically speaking there are so many bibles in America and very few Americans reading them.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If there is a supreme being who created the universe, what makes you think it would care much about some bacteria infesting a speck of dust? It wouldn't even notice the bacteria (humanity) as a whole until it had infested millions of dust specks.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

It is pretty easy to explain that we are not telepathic, I think the human brain can possibly be telepathic is used properly but we may have 1,000s of years if not 100,000. To think we are telepathic is like a new age delusionist, the favorite choice of religion these days seems to be thinking of any delusion that comes to mind and telling the world about it. It is denial to me, and I don't practice a specific religion.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If the creator cared he would provide proof of what he expected of us. And dont say the bible is proof bc its not

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

You know its bad to steal or kill or hurt the defenseless.
You also know its good to help a person in need or save a life.

So, if the average human is hard wired to think in terms of objective "good" and "bad", it suggests the Supreme Being has in place a mechanism that enables humans to understand what He wants us to know... or what He expects of us.

edit on 28-4-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by WarJohn

You know its bad to steal or kill or hurt the defenseless.
You also know its good to help a person in need or save a life.

So, if the average human is hard wired to think in terms of objective "good" and "bad", it suggests the Supreme Being has in place a mechanism that enables humans to understand what He wants us to know... or what He expects of us.

edit on 28-4-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

Are you sure God placed that mechanism you speak of?

Imagine being born into a room and it only had 1 door, no windows. And this one door only had a little slot inside the middle big enough for a tray of food to fit though.

Imagine being in that room for 18 years, doing nothing, knowing nothing but that room only and the million times you've been fed without ever seeing the face of another being.

Finally, the door opens and you go out into the world. What do you do? Do you know the difference between right and wrong then?

The answer is, NO. You don't. You grow up, learning the difference between right and wrong. Simple as that.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Are you sure God placed that mechanism you speak of?

Imagine being born into a room and it only had 1 door, no windows. And this one door only had a little slot inside the middle big enough for a tray of food to fit though.

Imagine being in that room for 18 years, doing nothing, knowing nothing but that room only and the million times you've been fed without ever seeing the face of another being.

Interesting experiment.

Finally, the door opens and you go out into the world. What do you do? Do you know the difference between right and wrong then?
The answer is, NO. You don't. You grow up, learning the difference between right and wrong. Simple as that.

Has this been tested? No.

The person is probably going to turn out to be feral in nature.

While he may not do "good", he isn't going to do "bad" either.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

First off, you can't prove that you're talking to yourself in your head, only you know it, and if you claim it's Abe Lincoln or John Lennon or Elvis then you're crazy, but if it's GOD then you're generally accepted as one of the "faithful."

I too have been trying to figure that little piece of logic out. If I, a non Christian, say an ET talks to me, or a Person who has passed over talked to me, it is always a "demon" in disguise, or "Satan" fooling me into thinking that.
Curiously though, if a Christian say he/she talks to Jesus, this it taken as gospel truth, and not even questioned. A Double Standard if I ever saw one. This is why I believe some Christians to be brainwashed.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

No it hasn't been tested. But it's just a thought. It would be pure torture and a waste of almost 1/4 of their entire lifespan.

It's certainly unpredictable and the subject would most likely do more harm then good. If he sees something he likes, he would no doubtly steal it without any second thoughts or feelings of remorse. While, us on the other hand; when we steal we begin to have second thoughts afterwards and the feeling that we did something wrong and shouldn't have never done it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

I have to differ with that, friend. A few years ago a good friend and confident of mine, and I, began a series of experiments in telepathic contact. The experiments were ours alone, and not in a controlled environment, but within a week, she had appeared to me in full figure apparition, and I to her. We live over 2000 miles apart. I was able to describe for her things in her home, and she in my home to me. We finally had to break the communication, it got to be very sexual, and each of us is in a solid relationship.
It worked. It is Real.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It's certainly unpredictable and the subject would most likely do more harm then good. If he sees something he likes, he would no doubtly steal it without any second thoughts or feelings of remorse.

The subject of the experiment, will act on instinct like an animal and snatch food up when he's hungry.
But he will not be in a mental position to cook up a grand scheme to consciously swindle people of their hard earned money... or whatever else, our fellow "civilized" humans can come up with.
So he can be treated as a hungry cat or dog that "steals" just to feed itself.

While, us on the other hand; when we steal we begin to have second thoughts afterwards and the feeling that we did something wrong and shouldn't have never done it.

This would not apply to your hypothetical human living behind closed doors for 18 years.
He would be either as "innocent" or "barbaric" as an animal...

If we can look at an animal tear its prey in half and satiate its hunger... and then dismiss it as "natural" without raising the question of morality... then we should be able to look at a feral human, with no known contact with human society.... do the same and say its "natural".

edit on 29-4-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

So basically from what you're saying; would you agree that the Bible or anything similar possibly gave birth to what we call to describe as "morals" among us humans?

From Morals of the knowledge of Good and Evil, we went from being completely stupid to thinking before we act on our thoughts. And I guess in a way, it would make a person smarter and more knowledgeable through analytic thinking.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by greyer

I have to differ with that, friend. A few years ago a good friend and confident of mine, and I, began a series of experiments in telepathic contact. The experiments were ours alone, and not in a controlled environment, but within a week, she had appeared to me in full figure apparition, and I to her. We live over 2000 miles apart. I was able to describe for her things in her home, and she in my home to me. We finally had to break the communication, it got to be very sexual, and each of us is in a solid relationship.
It worked. It is Real.

I was stressing the fact that people are not normally telepathic in this day and age, and hardly anybody wants to learn how to become telepathic, it is just not on their 'to do' list. A girl I met, who was native america and celtic (as the so called UFO abductees are mostly said to be), became close with me. I had a dream of aliens finding me in my city and bringing her to me. She then proceeded to tell me her real experience that she only told one person ever before, something that I cannot disbelieve because of her truthfulness, that she had a mysterious experience, it was an experience that I knew would be like an alien abduction, not like what people talk about but this seemed something that could be real. She proceeded to have dreams of my reality and I could tell when she was thinking of me. She is the reason why I am here at ATS. So I know this stuff exists, all the UFOs in the world could be man made, but something exists.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

So basically from what you're saying; would you agree that the Bible or anything similar possibly gave birth to what we call to describe as "morals" among us humans?

Not at all.

IMO, "morals" or knowing good from bad... predates religious scriptures by several millenia.
Even before writing was invented, early humans had to have had in place a very crude and basic system of "right" and "wrong"... just to stay functional as a society.

I believe that this understanding of "right" and "wrong" is an inherent quality in humans. Of course, in order for it to be "activated" it requires the participation and interaction of fellow humans.... without which the human would function merely on animal instinct.

Secondly, in order to "morality", there needs to be a setting of more than one individual. After all, even the most moral person cannot behave "morally", should he end up stranded on an island with nothing but a few coconut trees.

top topics

join