It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soviet military base on the moon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well its obviously from the cold war but it is a pretty good plan when u try and forget the fact that they never actually put a man on the moon in the first place nevermind a whole base.

www.mosnews.com...

[edit on 28-9-2004 by ufo3]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
UFO3.

Man has stepped foot on the Moon.

Insider.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
JPL_Insider, he was referring to the Soviets never putting a man on the moon.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
At 340 Billion dollars, you could ferry everything to the moon!

Much cheaper to build using local materials.

Did the Soviet 'greenhouse' look like this?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
if the soviets were so far ahead of the US in terms of space travel and the moon. there must be a reason that the soviets never went to the moon. explains the theory that it was impossible and the US was never on the moon. there must have been alternate reasons for the soviets to spend money on something impossible under current technology.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
A lot of people talk about secret bases on the moon, and it's always a big story in some movies (ex: Dr. Evil's Moon Base) but I have a question about that. Why would a country, government, secret society, etc. want a base on the moon? I mean is there any benefit to it? It would cost too much to be carting people back and forth between the base and earth, and then if you're trying to hide from enemies, or get some advantage on them, the Moon isn't an unreachable place, just really far. So it's not like you can hide from people on the moon. I just don't really get why you always hear about "Moon Bases" as something that is needed (besides for research maybe) but not for military purposes.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Sorry the following isnt in quotes, i've never been that good at it,
I think one of the reasons there has not been alot of activity on the moon after the apollo missions is that there may be an extra-terrestrial presence./

A good reason for a moon base and bases beyond that would be, say that theres a great catastrophe on Earth and nearly all life was destroyed, if there were five bases with 100,000 people on each and genetic samples from all known life on Earth, than we could start anew.

Again I apologise for not usinmg quotes.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The russians did a feasability report (spelling?) during the cold war to establish a moon base as head of operations in the event of nuclear strikes on the motherland during the cold war,however thats as far was openly admitted by them-there was a story of them placing 2 astronaughts on the moon who discovered an ET base with active sentry guns,which opened fire,killing one russian with the other managing to escape (these were leaked from the so called "kremlin"files which i think have now been de-bunked.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What the... Ok there is not a single reason to build a base on the moon, even for research, it is a huge rock, there is nothing there, you might as well build a space station in high orbit. Plus 30 years ago no one had the tech to build a permanent base.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
FYI: We did go to the moon; we just didn't go the first time, as portrayed in history.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonas
if the soviets were so far ahead of the US in terms of space travel and the moon. there must be a reason that the soviets never went to the moon. explains the theory that it was impossible and the US was never on the moon. there must have been alternate reasons for the soviets to spend money on something impossible under current technology.

The Soviets were ahead of the US for a time, but not so far ahead. The reason they didnt go to the moon is because they were beat there. They both threw huge amounts of money at it.

The reason they where beat there were many tragedy and lack of planning for the most part.

Sergei Korolev was perhaps the most important person to the Russian space program. Someone like what Wernher Von Braun was for the US space program.

Sergei Korolev died in 1966 this was a major blow to the soviet space program. Russia Also experienced major set backs with their N1 Rocket which was designed to send men to the moon. The N1 rocket was launched four times and all four times it exploded on the pad or soon after takeoff

www.spaceutopia.com...

[edit on 5-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This made me think of the game "Battlezone". In it the US and Soviets had bases on the moon, Mars, you name it. Of course war in space breaks out but no one on earth ever knows. Some of the best designed missions ever.

top topics

join