It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to make electricity for free with just a few dollars and less than an hour investment.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well to start with I have made threads in the past regarding perpetual motion devices. I came across this video on YouTube showing many devices and they are so easy to make, just wood would be enough. Much less complicated than other devices I have seen. Even a kid with no idea of physics or mathematics can make then. The video I posted shows many devices but I am particularly interested in the devices shown at the end. They are perpetual rotating devices. What's interesting is that they can be hooked up with generators and you have electricity. There is even one device by Da Vinci.

Here take a look and let me know.

JUST REALIZED THIS IS FAKE. SORRY FOR WASTING YOUR TIME

edit on 28/4/12 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k
Here take a look and let me know.

Did you even watch the video? You missed this bit..
"What may happen if Laws of Thermodynamics stop working"

As they have NOT stopped working none of those devices actually work....
edit on 28-4-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
im always racking my brain thinking about this stuff.

Its interesting to think that people long since passed would think of the same things

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

At least you are not asking for money.
Perpetual motion machines have been the stock trade of con-men for centuries, if not longer.

Perpetual motion = technical snake oil.

If people don't understand science, or anything about the Laws of Thermodynamics, you can, perhaps fool them. If this stuff was so easy, and it really worked, More people would have them, and mega super companies would have integrated them into their own gadgets to make super gadgets so they can get more money for their gadgets.

Nope.

Perpetual motion machine = HOAX every time.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

They are perpetual rotating devices. What's interesting is that they can be hooked up with generators and you have electricity.

All you need to do is plug the generator into the wall socket and voila! Perpetual motion... until the grid blacks out, or you forget to pay your hydro bill....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Perpetual motion machines, at least in this form are just not possible, there is always some form of friction in the machines themselves, and the friction only becomes greater if they also have to power a generator.

It just goes against the laws of physics.

The perpetual water flowing flask is impossible, how can the water flow higher than the water level in the flask, impossible.

The second one with the rolling cone is also a trick, the table is probably sloped and the camera is setup an a way that makes it look like it is level, this is stupid.

I watched again, and I missed that the paths are diverging, ok that might be possible then but the center of the double cone stays on the same height the whole time, so it could never transport people up hill, at the end off the track they would still be at the same level.
edit on 28-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
Perpetual motion machines, at least in this form are just not possible, there is always some form of friction in the machines themselves, and the friction only becomes greater if they also have to power a generator.

Yeah, friction (and thus thermal energy) is the bane of these concepts/devices. Friction is a dissipative force, transforming mechanical energy into thermal energy. The thermal energy is basically a "leak" of some of the mechanical energy out of the machine. Lubricants reduce (but not eliminate) the friction force and can make the system more efficient. Just keep in mind there is no such thing as a "perfect" lubricant than can reduce friction to 0.

Also, energy is always conserved, meaning (in very simple terms) one cannot get more energy out of a system than is put into it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Damn I just realized the video demonstrates fakes. I read the caption and thought they are telling us that the laws of physics actually are false. But oh well, thanks ATS learnt something new. And sorry for wasting everyones time

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Damn I just realized the video demonstrates fakes. I read the caption and thought they are telling us that the laws of physics actually are false.

Dude....seriously? Even if they were saying that....you would believe that? You would believe a random YT vid over a hundred years of solid science, common knowledge and basic logic?

And you are allowed to handle an assualt rifle?
edit on 28-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If you wan't free, unlimited energy, here's how: First create a strong vaccume in a stable container. Then introduce a catalyst (spark). Then pulsate said catalyst. This "tickling of the ether" will unleash unlimited, clean energy. The energy that surronds us is like an inexaustable sea. Only problem is, it exist in such a state as to be unuseable. When a vaccume is created, space is actually bent. The protons, electrons, neutrions etc that normally fly around , can then be captured. Here's my theory : Outer space is what? A super strong vaccume. If you had a craft (UFO) with a electrical current on it's surface, all the energy you need would be there already. Its called Zero-point energy. Also known as the "pregnant vaccume". Star travel would be effortless. All thanks to T. Henry Moray.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

The question of whether or not zero-point energy can be harnessed is not yet resolved. One camp of scientists maintain that the ZPE density is infinite, the other side sees ZPE as the absolute minimum energy of a thermodynamic system (therefore how can you reduce a system below its "minimum allowable energy?"). This isn't my area of expertise, so I don't really know what to make of it...just pointing out that there's no consensus as to whether or not it's practical or even possible.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This looks like a viable, almost perpetual motion machine. I saw this vid a few months ago and wondered if it would be possible to connect this 'machine' to the same technology used in wind turbines. I'd imagine some of the energy it created would be used to keep one side of the tank water hot, the rest would be free to use. Hopefully I'll get a chance to sit down with someone a little more knowledgable than me in these matters before the SHTF to see if it is doable. If it is I'll certainly have a go and post the results as an ATS exclusive

Since this was, as far back as 1973 and into the early 80's at least, quite a mainstream topic, I wonder why nothing more came of Ridgeway Banks' machine, especially when the green energy revolution really took off. I'd imagine a small machine wouldn't supply all your energy needs, so you would still probably have to use the grid in the same way people who use solar and wind technologies to supplement their supply. Curious indeed. I do know Nitinol has been discussed on ATS as an 'alien' metal but I did do a search and couldn't find this vid anywhere on ATS. Perhaps this vid is worthy of it's own thread. (note to self: find time to research!!)

edit on 28-4-2012 by HighMaintenance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

At least you are not asking for money.
Perpetual motion machines have been the stock trade of con-men for centuries, if not longer.

Perpetual motion = technical snake oil.

If people don't understand science, or anything about the Laws of Thermodynamics, you can, perhaps fool them. If this stuff was so easy, and it really worked, More people would have them, and mega super companies would have integrated them into their own gadgets to make super gadgets so they can get more money for their gadgets.

Nope.

Perpetual motion machine = HOAX every time.

Maybe today, but go back a couple hundred years and tell people about home computers and...

Funny thng about laws: they have a tendency to change over time. I don't want people to stop trying.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I don't see the laws of physics changing anytime soon.

Not in the macro world anyhow.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
These are all gravity-powered machines. Excuse me, these don't produce energy from nothing...

It has already been done with hydroelectric power.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Tadeusz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have a question. Has any prospective inventor ever thought about if our own hearts (which could beat for under 130 years, if you live over 100) could possibly be (surgically, I guess) hooked to something which generates, or is their movement to weak and fragile to mess with that?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Well,there are wristwatches that work on your pulse I think, and also on kinetic energy, the movement of your arms, if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by jiggerj

I don't see the laws of physics changing anytime soon.

Not in the macro world anyhow.

I dunno, my uninformed opinion tells me someone (probably an evil genius) will find a way to bring the laws of the quantum world into the macro.

Hey look! My wife just popped into another dimension! Eh, crap she's back again.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Nothing is truly free. That's all you need to know in life. It applies to almost all situations...including energy.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I find it ironic that someone posts an honest to goodness bombshell in this thread and ATS'ers fail to notice entirely...

That Nitinol video is AMAZING in it's implications I mean it's "only" 80% efficient which means if you build a simple heat engine to take advantage of the FREE SUNLIGHT you will only get at best 80% of the FREE energy converted to useable work! (IN reality it's much less than 80% but 80% of a free resource is still a good deal IMHO)

I am quite literally gobsmacked by the simplicity of this ... I've known abut nitinol for years but never considered the implications entirely of what it could do and how it did it. If the OP doesn't mind I'd like to start a thread about NITINOL motors and designs all of my very own. I'm strongly considering putting together an experimental setup to test this out for myself.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join