It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

incredible hulk vs superman

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
i have always been a fan of the hulk. my childhood friends and i would debate the hulk vs superman battle. to be honest, since both characters are make believe it really shouldn't matter. but for some odd reason..... it does.

i think the hulk would beat superman in a fight.

in this thread i will post the strengths of both as found on the internet and see where that leads us. the powers and abilities are from the websites linked.

first the hulk.....

www.incrediblehulkonline.com...
en.wikipedia.org...(comics)#Powers.2C_appearance.2C_and_abilities

unlimited strength -
There has never been a limit shown as to the highest strength the Hulk can reach thus it is assumed it is limitless. When Hulk allowed Jean Grey to psionically "shut Banner off", he reached a scale of power on which he managed to overpower and destroy the physical form of the villain Onslaught.

thunder clap -
The Hulk can slam his hands together to create a large thunderclap-type concussive force.

leaping ability -
can leap into the earth's atmosphere

accelerated healing -
During a battle with Vector, he repelled all of the skin off of the Hulk leaving just exposed flesh and muscle. It took the Hulk minutes to regain the mass and be completely healed. he has withstood the equivalent of solar temperatures, nuclear explosions, and planet-shattering impacts.

dynamic durability -
Similar to how the Hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier, he also heal quicker and his skin becomes tougher. It is not known if the increase in healing and skin-toughening is related to Incarnation. including growing tissues to allow him to breathe underwater, surviving unprotected in space for extended periods, and when injured, healing from most wounds within seconds. he has displayed sufficient superhuman speed to match Thor, and Sentry. he can grow stronger from radiation or dark magic.

breathe underwater -
able to breathe due to his body developing a gland which creates an oxygenated perfluorocarbon emulsion which fills his lungs and equalizes the pressure. He is therefore able to breathe.

resistance to mind control -
This is probably due to the fact that there are multiple personalities residing in the Hulk's mind and a person can not control all of them at once as they offer resistance.

Unusual Mental Abilities - he can see and interact with the spirit world. as bruce, he possesses "a mind so brilliant it cannot be measured on any known intelligence test."

superman
en.wikipedia.org...

all superman's powers depend on the yellow light of the sun. he needs the rays from the sun to keep his strength up.

super human strength -
Strength much greater than that of a normal Human and even most Metahumans, making him "more powerful than a locomotive," is one of Superman's signature powers. While not infinite, depictions of the upper limit of how much weight he can lift have ranged from being able to do the work of several laborers in half the time, lift objects hundreds of times his own weight. Superman's endurance has also been shown as limitless (whilst he remains in yellow sunlight).

invulnerability -
Immunity to almost all forms of harm and ailments, including extreme force and extremely high temperatures. Effectiveness has ranged from his skin being piercable by nothing less than a "bursting shell" to being completely unharmed by a star going supernova. This ability includes the immunity to most known physical and mental diseases, viruses and toxins. (as long as he has a yellow sun)

flight -
Originally, he only had the power to jump great distances, as stated by the 1940s Superman cartoons ("Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound"). but over time, the power evolved into operating independently of gravity and fly.

superhuman speed -
Originally classified as being "faster than a speeding bullet". Top speeds have ranged from nearly a hundred miles per hour when he was first created in the 1930s to speeds far greater than the speed of light.

x-ray vision and heat vision and super vision -
The ability to see through solid objects, usually with the exception of lead. Ability to emit solar energy from his eyes. Usually resembles bright red or orange laser-like beams. His senses grant him the ability to see farther and with greater accuracy and detail than humanly possible.

super breath -
freeze breath and the ability to inhale and exhale huge volumes of air with great force.

super nose -
A heightened and highly accurate sense of smell comparable to some animals such as dogs.

photographic memory -
able to recall everything he sees, hears, or reads.

and remember.... all of superman's powers rely on the yellow sun.

so, what do you think?

hulk smash?
or
superman rules?

-subfab

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Ha!

That made me think of the movie Stand By Me.

I go with the Hulk too.

I never liked Superman,he is kinda smug and goody two shoes.

But could the Hulk beat Mighty Mouse?

edit on 28-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Vern: Do you think Mighty Mouse could beat up Superman?
Teddy: What are you, cracked?
Vern: Why not? I saw the other day. He was carrying five elephants in one hand!
Teddy: Boy, you don't know nothing! Mighty Mouse is a cartoon. Superman's a real guy. There's no way a cartoon could beat up a real guy.
Vern: Yeah, maybe you're right. It'd be a good fight, though.

www.imdb.com...
edit on 28-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Superman's powers have changed in nearly every comic book series. The Superman you are describing is the Golden Age Superman which is what powers he started with but slightly enhanced to include flying.
Superman never flew originally he could only leap tall buildings in a single bound and had trouble stopping a locomotive train.
On the opposite end of the spectrum there is Superman Prime who IMO would eat Hulk for breakfast, this Superman is able to destroy galaxies and move planets at will. He is essentially a god and is no match for anyone apart from other gods.

So yeah the Hulk would probably easily beat Golden Age Superman but wouldn't even come close to beating Superman Prime or even Silver Age Superman.

Edit to Add

Superman is reliant on the yellow sun for his powers but his body is able to store solar energy for quite a while. This is what enables him to travel vast distances in space. So even if you took the yellow sun away Superman would still have his powers for a while.
edit on 28-4-2012 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Superman wears underpants on the outside...

Nuff said

Seriously though, i think both are great.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Superman wears underpants on the outside...

Nuff said

Seriously though, i think both are great.

Get with the times. Superman doesn't wear pants anymore not even in the new movie that's coming out in 2013.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hulk Strongest there is!!!
But superman beat Doomsday and Apocalypse.
Superman Died (Issue Death of Superman) but even after death his body regenerated and his spirit being not human was able to reintegrate into the body.
I think that if hulk was in his banner hulk form he could potentially match intellect however superman has even demonstrated telekinetic and temporal travel and reversal potential. The hulk may be fast and ring Supermans clock but at the end of the fight I think the Earth would be destroyed Superman only needs to knock him into space hulk still needs air.
Both of them unleashed would probably smash the earth. Even Wolverine is a little scared of the hulk.In a one on one no holds bar fist fight I would put my money on the comic cause that one would be worth reading if the collab was equal.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
That's awesome, and very useful, as my 6 year old literally asked me this question yesterday! Now we can sit and talk about it!! LOL
Thanks OP!
(I'm personally leaning more towards Hulk after reading thru what you've written lol)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

i agree superman prime is a strong character.
but, he still needs to "charge" up from the sun. as a fight would go on, he would begin to weaken. the battle would shatter the planet. perhaps even shatter the entire dimension. but it all comes down to hulk's unlimited strength. and as he gets angrier he heals faster and he moves faster.

hulk could take the fight to space or deep water.

from the website: www.incrediblehulkonline.com...
He has withstood the vacuum of deep space a multitude of times along with the huge pressure of the ocean floor.

from what i gather, superman prime is just a version of dr. manhattan.
superman prime's powers:
superman.wikia.com...

Creation - Superman Prime is able to create lifeforms out of nothing.

Resurrection - Superman Prime can resurrect the dead.

Omniscience - Superman Prime has possibly learned everything in his time in the sun.

Omnipotence - Superman prime has near limitless abilties as far as we can see.

Omnipresent - Superman Prime can be any where at any time.

All Kryptonian powers under a Yellow Sun. All of his Kryptonian powers are enhanced.

superman prime was given his added powers by a character named "the source" as mentioned in the website:
(when he broke through the Source Wall he even studied under the Source itself, meaning he could have a portion of the Source's power or more, the true extent of abilities he received from the Source are unknown).

if hulk wanted to, he could break through any wall, including the source's. and train and stuff too.

whatever superman can train to, learn, or become, the hulk can too. only the hulk doesn't need the yellow sun to maintain his powers.

who is the source?
en.wikipedia.org...

The Source Wall is a fictional structure in the DC Comics Universe. The wall lies on the edge of the known universe, in the Promethean Galaxy. Beyond the wall lies what is known as the Source, a cosmic essence or being that is the "source" of all that exists. The wall is theoretically passable. However, all those who have tried have been inevitably trapped in it. Over time it has been made up of the bodies of would-be conquerors and curiosity seekers from all across the universe.

this has been a fun topic.

-subfab

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

-subfab

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think Hulk is way cooler as a character but I also really love Superman.

This is a tough one.

But I think Superman would win.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

-subfab

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
this picture says it all.

-subfab

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

this is what hulk does to Gods.....

www.youtube.com...

-subfab

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

superman does have one thing the hulk doesn't.
it's the the krypton crawl....

-subfab:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Superman's strength has upper limits. He has met his match physically before.

The Hulk has no such limitations. The angrier he gets the stronger he gets.

I vote for the hulk.

(If you want a first hand accountof hulks strength, ask Loki from the new Avengers movie)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

That's funny, because I was literally talking about this with a friend about 2 days ago! Ha! I swear, I am not quite as huge a nerd as you're probably thinking I am right now. Hey, it just came up.

I got real into The Hulk for a bit and so just started researching his power online. His strength is, essentially, limitless, and like courts use precedence, the comic world uses previous editions to validate powers like strength, speed, etc.

Well, one "proof" of Hulk's strength is that he fought Superman one time (don't ask me how since they come from different universes), but Superman put him in a hold, like a bear hug from behind, and Hulk broke Superman's grip. It was ranted about online as being impossible, and was noted as Hulk's incredible strength. However, the implication was that no matter how great this feat was, it didn't belie that Superman remained, essentially, unbeatable.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Love them both!

But I say Superman! because he would fight intelligently where the Hulk would just ..... well, smash!
so eventually I think Superman would get the upper hand by using his powers with intelligence to beat the Hulk!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

i go back to: superman needs to recharge. he needs to be near the rays from the yellow sun. hulk can take him to the bottom of the ocean and that's it. hulk wins. light doesn't go to the bottom of the ocean. hulk can breathe under water, hulk has limitless strength, superman would just burn out like a battery.

-subfab

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
reply to post by BBobb

i go back to: superman needs to recharge. he needs to be near the rays from the yellow sun. hulk can take him to the bottom of the ocean and that's it. hulk wins. light doesn't go to the bottom of the ocean. hulk can breathe under water, hulk has limitless strength, superman would just burn out like a battery.

-subfab

And just how would the Hulk simply drag Superman to the bottom of the ocean?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

i'm not sure.
i would guess lois lane would be a busy body and try to "help" superman. they would be standing on the beach of an island out over devil's canyon.hulk caress her face saying something like, "come to hulk's apt when you are ready for a real man." superman would get all jealous and try to tackle the hulk. hulk grabs him by the arm and cape. then splash! down to the depth of the ocean.

seems legit to me.

-subfab

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join