It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious 'Monster' Washes Up In Seal Beach, CA - April 26, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

sheilaaliens.net... "SEAL BEACH, Calif. (KTLA) -- An unidentified creature was discovered Wednesday by a woman taking her daily walk along the shore in Seal Beach.

Karen Summers says the animal corpse didn't look like anything she nad ever witnessed.

She called officials from the Public Works Department, who arrived Friday morning and disposed of the unidentified animal.

Summers says the workers couldn't identify the remains either.

The discovery is reminiscent of the so-called "Montauk Monster," an unidentified creature that allegedly washed up on a beach near the business district of Montauk, New York in July 2008."
www.ktla.com...

contact the ppl who suposedly buried it: www.sealbeachca.gov...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It's a malformed polar bear.
In my opinion.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

I'm not sure if it's a polar bear. But it's clearly some type of mammal which is designed to be on land. What says it washed up from the ocean? It might have just died at the beach. I've seen extremely weird looking animals in other cryptozoology threads which looked like this. In most cases it turned out to be partially decomposed dogs, possums and other such critters who had lost all their hair, giving them a weird freaky appearance.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Patifier

But Polar bears don't have long tails!

What really puzzles me is the lack of hair, but the meat is fairly in tact.
With the exception of the toes.......

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think that may be a Sea Otter in the middle of decomposition.

Decomposing mamals loose their fur.

And for the fingernails being long.

Thats what happens when mamals or people decompose. your skin will recede.

Thats where the myth of ones fingernails growing after death.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crashyy

sheilaaliens.net... "SEAL BEACH, Calif. (KTLA) -- An unidentified creature was discovered Wednesday by a woman taking her daily walk along the shore in Seal Beach.

Karen Summers says the animal corpse didn't look like anything she nad ever witnessed.

She called officials from the Public Works Department, who arrived Friday morning and disposed of the unidentified animal.

Summers says the workers couldn't identify the remains either.

The discovery is reminiscent of the so-called "Montauk Monster," an unidentified creature that allegedly washed up on a beach near the business district of Montauk, New York in July 2008."
www.ktla.com...

contact the ppl who suposedly buried it: www.sealbeachca.gov...

Somebody's playing god with DNA, and doing a bad job of it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
no hi-res pictures , a " burried " corpse , no tissue samples - literally move along nothing to see

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I think it's disgusting to read "monster" in the title of all these "strange creature" videos. I think it could just be a malformed dog. But what it looks like is a Siberian Tiger, maybe someday a zoo disposed of it, just don't see in this video if it's big enough...
But I don't think it's a monster or even an alien

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Cool!

I don't know wth it is but I agree with the poster who said it's wrong to call it a monster.

Poor ugly little guy.

p.s.- I'm in love with the anchor lady.

edit on 28-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
When sailing i have come a long plenty of dead animals and humans, that when laying in the water for a long time looked like something from a different planet.

Hard to say what it is, but could be a dog or somthing from the local wildlife.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hey folks, as I said in another thread - I keep, breed and study virginia opossums. Have done for many many years, and that is exactly what this little guy is.

Pause at 39 seconds and look at the head.

Now look at these photos:

Same shape of head, same position of little black ear. Same position of eyes.

And now look at this photo of a possum playing dead. Have you ever seen a possum in distress? They do this funny thing where they peal their lips right back and the muscles seize in that position, showing off their great big teeth. Same thing that this poor little guy is doing in the video.

And I can't find a photo to prove my next point, but the next distinguishing feature is the feet. When in the water for any length of time, the first things to go are the hair, the eyes and the extremeties (fingers). All that these 'claws' are are the bones sticking out from where the little fingers decomposed quickly.

Next is the colour, I can't find a picture of a bald opossum to show you. But if a possum had no hair it's body would be entirely pink. Except for a little black ring just above the ankle (and occasionally a little black ring around the base of the tail). Look at 41 seconds. Little black ring around the ankle.

At 1.15 you get a fully body shot. Every single feature about this proves it is a possum. The legs and body are completely in proportion to what they should be. You can see that the tail should be almost twice as long as it is, but you can also see exactly where half of the tail was bitten off - probably by crabs.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

I wonder if it could be something from Japan?
possibly a dog from the tsunami?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think it looks like some sort of dog, although the tail seems to long and thick.
Maybe some sort of marsupial?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

possums are marsupials, so you're right

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It's a sea otter

From the Gulf of Mexico

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by Crashyy

I wonder if it could be something from Japan?
possibly a dog from the tsunami?

It's been over a year...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
heh they buried it after some crappy pics then call it a big mystery.

like they said, some sort of possum, guess all the decomp made the nose snub

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well its not too much of a mystery if no one is going to bother to do a DNA test. It's most likely a decomposing raccon or opossum. I just never understand why a decomping animal on the beach attract the media so quick?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It's a tanuki (racoon dog) that washed over from Japan. The tsunami or radiation (or both) have obviously affected it.

puppybunnyguineapretty.files.wordpress.com...

This, of course, is meant to be humorous.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Kill it with fire! Good thing they buried it or people might have been able to analyze it.

new topics

top topics

join