It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What are all of these circles on radar? I counted at least 20.

page: 2
17
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Radar interference, usually caused by electromagnetic radiation from the sun in the early morning and early evenings when sunlight gets directly pointed into Nexrad radar dishes. That's why the rings and clutter are more pronounced in the evenings and mornings.


Sun Interference. Twice a day, at sunrise and sunset, the radar experiences interference from the electromagnetic energy emitted by the sun. There is a point at sunrise and sunset where the radar dish points directly at the sun and is hit with this energy. This is then displayed as a spike of returned energy on our display. It is brief, typically only occurring during one volume scan. Notice in the image to the left that sunset is slightly south of due west. The date is March 11, 2009. In less than 2 weeks, we will be at the Spring Equinox. The sun will set due west of the radar.


Sorry, it isn't HAARP

HAARP? LMAO. Sigh....

I'm good friends with a lead forecast officer at the Pueblo NWS forecast office and I showed him Dutchsinse's HAARP rings scam and he almost fell over from laughing so hard.

OK, since some of you guys will only listen to paranoid conspiracy theories and don't like facts, the rings are cloaked mother ships. It goes way beyond HAARP.





posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It happens all the time here in the South. It happens when the radar is adjusted to clear weather days and it is very humid. Doppler radar reflects many things one of course being moisture. Humidity is moisture in the air. That's it.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz
I will admit that most of these appear to be within the general vicinity of one of these towers according to the Nexrad website. Are these glitches simply appearing on the radar? I have a few questions regarding this.



Most of them? THEY ALL originate from Nexrad radar stations. The center of each ring or clutter is a Nexrad NWS dopplar radar. Here's the map. Now look at the map compared to your radar image. See? The center of each of those rings is A NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEXRAD RADAR.

www.srh.noaa.gov...



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by murkraz
 


Here is the locations of the WSR-88D "NEXRAD" Radar. NEXRAD Locations and Coverage (excluding TDWR locations) Having prior experience working on this radar for 6+ years it almost looks like a bad algorithm build was pushed to sites, causing the "ring around" noise issue. At least, that is my technical outlook on it.



They are upgrading many Nexrad radars to Dual Polarization which can see vertically as well as horizontally; I think that might be increasing feedback depending on which mode the radars are in.

www.roc.noaa.gov...



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
OK, I don't claim to know anything much about radars..except there are different kinds for detecting different things. so please don't shout me down when I ask the following question...can/is there some correlation between these rings and the strange noises people are hearing and recording? I accept and understand that many of the recordings are faked...I am not that stooopid...but I was just wondering if there is some sort of connection, perhaps like when these rings appear they are picking up some sound waves which may or may not be audible to us some of the time?

Anybody?

Rainbows
Jane



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
OK, I don't claim to know anything much about radars..except there are different kinds for detecting different things. so please don't shout me down when I ask the following question...can/is there some correlation between these rings and the strange noises people are hearing and recording? I accept and understand that many of the recordings are faked...I am not that stooopid...but I was just wondering if there is some sort of connection, perhaps like when these rings appear they are picking up some sound waves which may or may not be audible to us some of the time?

Anybody?

Rainbows
Jane


I would say no. This has been happening with Doppler radar since it was invented. Because Doppler radar has been in wide use for over 40 years I would say no. It's so common that police K and KA radar are doppler based and used everyday.

LINK

edit on 28-4-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)



edit on 28-4-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Because the "rings" are simply feedback in the radar when in clear air mode and or electromagnetic radiation from the sun, how could that correlate to the strange noises? The "rings" are essentially nothing.

OK, lets use some common sense (something that seems to be very lacking on this and all other conspiracy websites). Lets assume for arguments sake that this HAARP conspiracy is true and the federal government or foreign governments are using HAARP facilities to create weather and Earthquakes to try and kill people (which is laughable in and of itself because the number of people who die from weather and earthquakes is tiny compared to other things such as heart disease). If people like Dutchfraud were actually on to this conspiracy, why would they allow him to keep showing people that powerful governments are engaging in this supposed mass murder using HAARP?


And don't give me the bull # story about how Dutch's friend Max (who turned out to be a drug dealer thug - main stream news in St Louis) was shot to somehow get Dutchfraud to stop.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I was researching just this type of thing. Dutch has a way of sounding so very sincere and professional, despite the admitted fact that he has neither training nor related knowledge having to do with anything even remotely technical like HAARP or NEXRAD. He makes claims of weather in 2-3 days, which is what most real weather forecasting sites do......which is why it's called weather forecasting to begin with. Anyone in the US should know by now that severe weather, including tornadoes, hail, lots of rain, and damaging winds happens DAILY in the central/south central states like Texas, Kansas, Arkansas.......we all grew up with Dorothy flying to Oz, didn't we?

Want to know what you are looking at and why you should NOT believe Dutch or any other non-trained person on the web with a sincere voice? Here:
NEXRAD HOAX, pre-Dutch by 14 years

Read it all, click everything. Then ask yourself......if it was debunked by knowledgeable people that long ago, how can Dutch be right about the same story now?
I have been telling his followers (drank the kool-aid crowd), and have yet to find even one person who took the time. It is apparently better for some people to believe than it is to know.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I appreciate the serious replies some gave to the OP and myself on wanting to know what caused this. The time some took to answer from their own experience and position of knowledge is what makes asking worthwhile.

At the same time, why so much derision and not-so subtle edge to the help from a few? I didn't see the OP suggest at the start that this was some evidence of a vast conspiracy, HAARP, Aliens or Obama in the midst of an Evil plot. I personally raised the possibility as a specific and likely cause for simply computer and network errors for how the Data was being generated.

Now I mentioned HAARP...right after another member did and neither of us were even bringing it up as a "I think they did it!'. It was more of a 'Well..thats interesting..are they by chance radiating at the moment'? That's a far cry from saying HAARP somehow did it, or even if they HAD been radiating and connected..that it was deliberate and intentional anyway.


Thanks again tho to those who knew more, came and shared and didn't include a figurative backhand about being ignorant enough to come asking to start with.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Im glad someone else noticed this, too. A couple weeks ago, I noticed the same thing, and looked up airports, military bases, etc in areas showing rings. The information was scattered and hard to connect, but nuke plants and military installations seemed to correlate many of them. Also, they seemed to run along the midwest volcanic faultlines.
edit on 28-4-2012 by gemdog because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I appreciate the serious replies some gave to the OP and myself on wanting to know what caused this. The time some took to answer from their own experience and position of knowledge is what makes asking worthwhile.

At the same time, why so much derision and not-so subtle edge to the help from a few? I didn't see the OP suggest at the start that this was some evidence of a vast conspiracy, HAARP, Aliens or Obama in the midst of an Evil plot. I personally raised the possibility as a specific and likely cause for simply computer and network errors for how the Data was being generated.

Now I mentioned HAARP...right after another member did and neither of us were even bringing it up as a "I think they did it!'. It was more of a 'Well..thats interesting..are they by chance radiating at the moment'? That's a far cry from saying HAARP somehow did it, or even if they HAD been radiating and connected..that it was deliberate and intentional anyway.


Thanks again tho to those who knew more, came and shared and didn't include a figurative backhand about being ignorant enough to come asking to start with.


Sorry, I get a bit testy when facts are presented time and time again and known scam artists like Dutchsinse keep peddling their bull # for profit and people give them even an ounce of credibility. The OP was the one who mentioned HAARP and Dutchsinse. Many people have put forth all the credible information to show that Dutch and his HAARP theories are nothing but a scam, and the fact he asks for donations is simply disgusting.

I don't like to see people being willfully scammed and lead so astray by con artists.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
In central texas we have heavy chemcloud cover. Chemtrails that turned in to clouds are covering the whole sky. The whole sky is a milky white covered in trails and expanded fluffed out chemtrails. I live right next to a air port, it looks as if one of the rings is emanating from the air port i am close to.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
Radar interference, usually caused by electromagnetic radiation from the sun in the early morning and early evenings when sunlight gets directly pointed into Nexrad radar dishes. That's why the rings and clutter are more pronounced in the evenings and mornings.


Sun Interference. Twice a day, at sunrise and sunset, the radar experiences interference from the electromagnetic energy emitted by the sun. There is a point at sunrise and sunset where the radar dish points directly at the sun and is hit with this energy. This is then displayed as a spike of returned energy on our display. It is brief, typically only occurring during one volume scan. Notice in the image to the left that sunset is slightly south of due west. The date is March 11, 2009. In less than 2 weeks, we will be at the Spring Equinox. The sun will set due west of the radar.


Sorry, it isn't HAARP

HAARP? LMAO. Sigh....

I'm good friends with a lead forecast officer at the Pueblo NWS forecast office and I showed him Dutchsinse's HAARP rings scam and he almost fell over from laughing so hard.

OK, since some of you guys will only listen to paranoid conspiracy theories and don't like facts, the rings are cloaked mother ships. It goes way beyond HAARP.



Its not because the sun rose before the clouds and still has 4hrs to set in the south.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I have noticed this a few times and never really gave it much thought? I have allways been suspicious about how these storms just pop up on the National mosaic weather chart.

see here live.
LINK



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz

Educate me.


Slightly off topic but you may find this highly illuminating.

www.zetatalk.com...

Hope you're in a safe area on the Rock.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by murkraz
 


HAARP rings if you listen to dutchsince(youtube,google,blogger,facebook)



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
AGC (Automatic Gain Control) was turned off, the conditions changed so the automatic adjusting didn't compensate. Possible the gain was manually increased to be more sensitive. Also possible the expected ground clutter overlay file (buildings, hills, etc.) which is applied through digital processing and usually doesn't show is not being processed as it usually is.



posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Originally posted by Drew99GT
Radar interference, usually caused by electromagnetic radiation from the sun in the early morning and early evenings when sunlight gets directly pointed into Nexrad radar dishes. That's why the rings and clutter are more pronounced in the evenings and mornings.


Sun Interference. Twice a day, at sunrise and sunset, the radar experiences interference from the electromagnetic energy emitted by the sun. There is a point at sunrise and sunset where the radar dish points directly at the sun and is hit with this energy. This is then displayed as a spike of returned energy on our display. It is brief, typically only occurring during one volume scan. Notice in the image to the left that sunset is slightly south of due west. The date is March 11, 2009. In less than 2 weeks, we will be at the Spring Equinox. The sun will set due west of the radar.


Sorry, it isn't HAARP

HAARP? LMAO. Sigh....

I'm good friends with a lead forecast officer at the Pueblo NWS forecast office and I showed him Dutchsinse's HAARP rings scam and he almost fell over from laughing so hard.

OK, since some of you guys will only listen to paranoid conspiracy theories and don't like facts, the rings are cloaked mother ships. It goes way beyond HAARP.



Its not because the sun rose before the clouds and still has 4hrs to set in the south.


The sunrise and sunset are streaks that strike into the aperture too fast for the AGC to compensate. Those streaks are expected.



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT
 

Okay, well my bad on reacting perhaps. I feel like the odd man out here on not knowing about the ongoing issue with these rings and 'hoaxy' claims about them. I'd actually been considering doing a thread on this myself to see what people had to say without knowing a thing about this other guy or thinking about HAARP. I've just been seeing this pattern of rings on radar from West Texas to the Carolinas and as far north as Indiana, for a couple weeks now.

I might very well have stayed clear off the thread if I'd known about the long term controversy around all this. It seems a curious thing to me by the fact their appearing across the better part of a continent at once and a scientific question in my mind, not a dark conspiracy topic. Oh well.. probably image processing or networking issues as I first thought.

Given what you're saying about a backstory to this topic I didn't know, sorry if I came off stronger than conditions warranted with that in mind.


edit on 29-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
I live right next to a air port, it looks as if one of the rings is emanating from the air port i am close to.


It's simply a radar glitch due to calibration or whatever and, as stated earlier, you'll always find a doppler weather radar station at the centre of the 'circles'. My work has me looking at weather radar plus in close contact with meteorologists all the time and there's rarely a day I don't see some sort of anomaly (circles or lines) but that's all they are (anomalies produced by the equipment). Airports are ideal places to locate such a radar station because there are already plenty of radars there thus no public opposition such as there'd be if it was proposed to put one in a neighbour's backyard. Airports also have an intense interest in local weather conditions for safety reasons and need prompt warning of local storm cells.



new topics

top topics



 
17
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join