It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bought Nutella recently? File your claim!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I thought this article was interesting, and found it on www.yahoo.com. A San Diego mother was misled into believing the spread was healthy, and to be honest I am guilty of believing this as well.

I had nutella for the first time in Germany. Not very many people have heard of it. It is a hazelnut spread this is friggen out of this world delicious. It goes very well on pancakes, bread, and crepes. You can compliment fruits with it as well.

I now serve this to my kids, as a quick energy snack. It is something they never waste, and usually want more.

I understand some out there may be thinking that I must be pretty stupid to believe chocolate spread was good for you. I grew up on this stuff, but wouldn't recommend living off of it. The lady who sued believed it was part of a balanced breakfast. Of course, that is how the advertised it and she came to believe it. This is a hazelnut cocoa spread that has a picture of bread, bananas, and a glass of milk.

I believe the key word here is "part" of a balanced breakfast.

Anyways, if you read the article you will see where you can make a claim, as anyone who has bought nutella within a time frame is entitled up to 5 jars reimbursement.

Nutella is not broccoli

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
In fact, when I was young, nutella was one of the things I ate daily. Till today, we consume one glas 300g a week, divide it by four people. By the way, I´m from germany.

Edit: How comes it that a mother thinks, pure chocolate cream would be healthy? Yes, there are some usable nutriens in there but hey? USA, the land where you can sue somebody because you are to lazy to use your brain.
Really, this is ridiculous.
edit on 28-4-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sting130u

Sorry.

Read the ingredients.

This is just another frivolous lawsuit.

MHO

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This is just an excuse to sue. If you're ignorant enough to put something into your body without looking at the ingredients or doing any research whatsoever, I don't see how that's the companies fault.

Look at that, the first ingredient. If anything, I'd be more concerned about the lecithin, as it is a known carcinogen. Even so, Nutella is admittedly delicious and equally as unhealthy. I sincerely don't understand how anyone can taste it and think it's good for you, it tastes like unicorn tears. Delicious, but terrible for you if, like anything, you over indulge.

The commercial is rather misleading, but it doesn't say anywhere that it's healthy. What the commercial fails to inform you is that Nutella is made with palm oil, which is high in saturated fat, difficult to digest, and can cause toxicity. Anyone who has tasted it really shouldn't expect it to be healthy on its own.

Here are further health risks from eating Nutella.

Sugar
Two tablespoons of Nutella, which is one serving, contain 22g of carbohydrates, of which 21g are sugar. The daily sugar requirement for most people is 34g a day and this includes the sugar that goes into breads, cereals, packaged foods, fruits and cooked foods. If you regularly eat 2 tbsp. of Nutella each day or more, it is very likely that you're overdosing on sugar. Excess sugar is stored in the body as fat.

Fat
Each 2 tbsp. of Nutella contain 200 calories, 100 of which are from fat. Total fat in each tablespoon is 11g, of which 3.5 are saturated fats. Unsaturated fats are found from plant sources and are easier for the body to burn than saturated fats, which are often the products of processing natural plant oils. This excessive source of fat and energy is not a good thing for people trying to lose weight.

Sodium
Nutella contains 15mg of sodium per tablespoon. Nutella is sweet but packed with salt and preservatives. A diet with excess salt causes fluid retention and bloating. Long term effects of salt are quite dangerous -- excess salt intake causes an increase in blood pressure which in turn causes health problems, such as heart and kidney disease.

Addiction
Nutella contains high amounts of salt, sugar, and fats, all of which are harmful for you but also addictive. Sugar is the most addictive substance of all. You may have noticed that the more sugar you eat, the more you crave. It may taste great, but the empty calories lacking in any nutritional substance are bad news for your health.

edit on 28-4-2012 by Ashmedai because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I like this stuff also but dont eat it anymore so no claim from me. But would kike to say, anything packaged or processed is no good for you at all IMO.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sting130u

she was not "missled " she was too dammed stupid to understand basic nutritional requirements

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Try a large tablespoon of it in slowly simmering milk, till it melts and becomes one....

then realise it's SO DAMN OILY....

but it is the chocolate version of vegemite.
except in milk.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Graham cracker, topped with Nutella, then topped with marshmallow creme

Never once did I ever think this was healthy, but wow, is it ever good for the munchies

People should start reading labels on everything. It's surprising what some foods are made of.
I looked at a store bought pumpkin pie label, and didn't recognize anything in it. It didn't even contain any pumpkin!
I didn't buy it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
brought to you by the same people who said there was WMDs in Iraq, and that Osama did 911, that Iran has nuklear bombs....and that radiation is good for you

the nutella is in the mail...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
LoL...that is one goofy broad! Sweet chocolate yumminess....oh...yeah...that's good for you cause a commercial says it's "part of a balanced breakfast"...let's see....I'll have a whole grain bagel topped with lowfat cream cheese and arsenic....it's part of a balanced breakfast....

what a goof

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
"I'm dumber than a box of rocks, so I'm going to sue you." -Americans

God I hate it that this is the world we live in.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
For the love of God...Someone actually thought that stuff was good for you? Seriously? I love the stuff and do eat it but in moderation. Mainly because as soon as I put that sweet nectar in my mouth I can taste the luscious fat and sugar it contains.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I wonder if she believes everything the TV tells her.

A bit off topic but along the same lines. I'm not sure if anyone has ever seen a Lynx Body Spray Advert?
Where a guy sprays himself with it and loads of girls come running, wanting his body.

I turned around to my partner and said:

"I wonder how long it will be before a law suit is filed with trading standards, because some silly guy doesn't get a bunch of girls chasing after him after using this product"

edit on 29-4-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
well,,
I could be healthier than Peanut butter..
But,.. wait and see..
Palm oil will be found to be the cause of heart related deaths in the near future.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I hate Nutella. I had never had it before I moved to Europe 20 years ago. When I asked what it was, my family in law did tend to make it sound as if it is good for your somehow. Being somewhat prone to questioning everything I read the label, and just knowing it is almost pure fat made it impossible for me to ever enjoy it.
I began being the pesky foriegner who would ruin the mood of every crèpe party by bringing that up and asking people how they can eat that.

It turns out that many of their ideas on what is good for you stem from war times, though. Like Chocolate is supposed to be so good for you and my mother-in-law would bug me to make sure my kids were getting enough of it. Sugar is touted for the energy it gives you, and we have these bottles of lemonade from my husbands childhood that didn't have any mention of lemon juice in them, but proudly announced the high levels of pure sugar they provided.

But if you place these ideas in the context of people who have very little to eat... are underweight, some even starving, some fats and sugars even are valuable. The magnesium in a bit of chocolate is better than nothing.
My mother in law grew up in those conditions and tended to pass the same ideas on to her children, despite the conditions being very different.

I'm just saying, I observe many differences in the way people view things from one country to the next depending upon history, and also, where one country may not have a lot of obesity, things like fat and sugar are less detrimental. The manufacturers perhaps should have done deeper research into the american culture before marketing their product over there in the same way it does in Europe!
Europeans will usually eat smaller amounts of everything, Americans will always go overboard.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The reason why they say that in their advertising is because they are a sponsor of Breakfast for Learning.

Really the problem is people don't listen... they hear what they want to hear.
They clearly say they are a sponsor of Breakfast for Learning therefore they can say that Nutella promotes a healthy breakfast etc..

Maybe people need to use their ears and brains and stop assuming ... It's frickin' chocolate, how bloody healthy could it be?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have it maybe twice a week. I put it on graham crackers as a treat. I have noticed I've put on a little weight since.ive developed this habit... I'll have to cut back. Thanks for helping me open my eyes. I just knew it was hazelnut with a bit of cocoa. I even read the ingredients but somehow didn't notice sugar was the first ingredient lol. I guess I was blinded by the statement that there are over 50 hazelnuts in a jar or something like that... There's no excuse, but I can see how many would be fooled. But the thing is, once you realize you've been fooled, the best thing to do would be to better yourself by keeping a better eye on what you eat, not sue the company... Not that I feel sorry in any way for any successful business, since you pretty much have to make a pact with the devil in order to make it anywhere in this world...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thats like thinking marshmallow puff spread is Healthy.
I am with frivolous law suit on this one.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thats like thinking marshmallow puff spread is Healthy.
I am with frivolous law suit on this one.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So.....you're telling me POPTARTS AREN'T HEALTHY!!!!?
How can I go on living.Next you'll say bacon is bad
Seriously We all should know what foods should be consumed in moderation chocolate is a desert a sweet not a healthy nutritious part of a breakfast.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join