It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon moose wrap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Sorry no pics because the moose ate my blackberry

I took a nice plump roast and shaved it down to about a half inch by rolling it out two feet(set your knife,roll and cut)
Shaved carrots,diced red onion,finely chopped celery,smashed garlic were all bungled up with fresh slivers of tomato keeping cool in the fridge.I also picked the fattiest bacon I could find on the market.

Montreal chicken spice over la moose for about an hour then the rolling began.A handful of mix for every roll out of 7 I did and the roast was three times the size when finished.Nice and tight,bigger than a football.I took that fatty bacon (a pound)and wrapped it all over.Up and down and around and around until there was nothing visible except bacon.

Straight to the crock pot for 6 hours on low.....wow,nice flavor

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

wait wait wait, so you ate a MOOSE?

what the?

what part of the moose did you eat?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Hind quarter,very dark meat with no fat.....very strong tasting,hence the flavors while cooking

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
SarnholeOntarable
Well that does sound tasty for sure..But no Moose meat around these parts i wonder how venison would work with the same recipe? Ever tryed it with venison?
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Actually that's what turned me on to it
....works the same,but don't use to much bacon.I actually have to mix pork,with the ground moose to make burgers

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I remember years ago, just as I was about to go out, my roommate handed me a moose roast, and told me to do something with it.
I was on my way out, and didn't have time, so I turned the oven on at 250, wrapped it in tin foil, and threw it in the oven and forgot about it.
Came home hours later, discovered it still cooking, opened the tin foil, and it fell apart in moist juicy goodness.

I have no idea what part of the moose it was, but it was very tasty.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Actually that's what turned me on to it
....works the same,but don't use to much bacon.I actually have to mix pork,with the ground moose to make burgers

SarnholeOntarable
Thanks for the info im going to give it a try..It does sound good ..Next week im makeing venison jerky yum yum one of my favorites ..peace,sugarcookie1

top topics

join