It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was it that woke you up?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
i don't want to be rude
or derail the thread
but this has come up a few times recently so i may as well talk it out

i don't understand this whole awake/asleep dichotomy at all.
sure, some people are 'more' or 'less' ignorant
but as you can see for yourself on this site
there is a lot of variation as regards what even constitutes ignorance...

i have since my earliest memories been questing for 'truth', reading every account of aliens and conspiracy i can get my mitts on. does this mean i am 'awake'?
i have also, since my earliest memories, been taking my findings to my brother, who brings a much more... err, let us say 'rational' frame of mind to proceedings, more based in our current mainstream understandings of culture and science.
does this mean he is asleep?
together we tend to find some middle ground, though it is rare that either of us will be entirely dissuaded of our original position.

more worryingly; what if i find a 'truth' that satisfies me? am i then asleep again? must one always be questing to be awake? what does that mean for the long term?
what if it turns out that accepted mainstream sciences are wrong, but so are all the concepts i have been assembling over the years? are there more successive levels to awaken to? where can that end?
am i just overthinking?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Infrasilent

Well said. I like the rush to nowhere line. Perfectly sums up modern life.
That sudden moment of clarity came for me when I was reading something Lord Monckton said. I can't recall off hand what it was, but it was suddenly like the focus on the projector started working. I think I shouted something like 'I comprehend' or some such $20 word.

peace

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

I think questioning authority and established dogma constitutes being "awake." It is not necessary to arrive at the "correct" conclusion because few conclusions are absolutely correct or incorrect. Wild theories and ideologies are merely the artifacts of an active mind as it makes its way toward the truth. They are, in that respect, the hallmarks of people who are truly free-thinking and unafraid of criticism.

That doesn't mean everyone here is awake all the time, but I guarantee you'll find less ignorance here than on your average sidewalk.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura
i don't want to be rude
or derail the thread
but this has come up a few times recently so i may as well talk it out

i don't understand this whole awake/asleep dichotomy at all.
sure, some people are 'more' or 'less' ignorant
but as you can see for yourself on this site
there is a lot of variation as regards what even constitutes ignorance...

i have since my earliest memories been questing for 'truth', reading every account of aliens and conspiracy i can get my mitts on. does this mean i am 'awake'?
i have also, since my earliest memories, been taking my findings to my brother, who brings a much more... err, let us say 'rational' frame of mind to proceedings, more based in our current mainstream understandings of culture and science.
does this mean he is asleep?
together we tend to find some middle ground, though it is rare that either of us will be entirely dissuaded of our original position.

more worryingly; what if i find a 'truth' that satisfies me? am i then asleep again? must one always be questing to be awake? what does that mean for the long term?
what if it turns out that accepted mainstream sciences are wrong, but so are all the concepts i have been assembling over the years? are there more successive levels to awaken to? where can that end?
am i just overthinking?

LOL. I'm not laughing at you, I like the thought. For me waking up meant realizing that for whatever reason we have not been told the truth about a lot of things, other lies being fed to us are new everyday. Waking up means beginning that journey to learn the truth, WHATEVER the truth is. Waking up is to consider the possibilities that mainstream science is limited by our own pathetic understand of the universe. If you find a truth that satisfies you great! Are you still going to seek truth beyond that one truth? Yes a truly awake person is always questing for truth. Truth is not a one size fits all kind of thing.

I hope there are more successive levels to awaken to, I have a feeling that's how we are supposed to evolve. As long as we are learning do we really want it to end? If we are to "Deny Ignorance" as this site so proudly claims can we LET it end?

I'm not looking for an answer, although any reply is appreciated and insightful. These were more for you to consider.

peace

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Infrasilent

better said than my bumbling attempt. Star for you dude.

second line

well off to bed. I'll check again tomorrow to see if any more has been said.

peace

edit on 28-4-2012 by RichardA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
what woke me up to the Govt?

when i was 6 years old, i wanted a pet monkey.
mum said no.
after pressing for a 'why not', she said the govt would not allow it.
'why not'?
"ask the PM".
so i wrote to the prime minister about a monkey.

... still have his letter of reply.

damn red tape

MonkeyGate - 1967

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RichardA

i get what you are saying
and i think essentially we are agreed on most important aspects

it is this dichotomy that has my concern though. all people are either awake OR asleep.
in my experience the gaining of knowledge and awareness is a slow process
sure, many people can pinpoint some moment that caused them to take more of an interest
but calling that waking up implies a whole lot of other things i am not comfortable with.
it would be like dividing every person into the world into good/evil
or black/white
clearly this not only should not be done, but can not.

you are agreeing with the idea that there are successive levels of 'awake'
...what does that even mean within the framework of the analogy?

there is only information, some of it with a basis in observable phenomena, some of it straight out of people's heads, and the search to gain some understanding of it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

As with any learning there are steps, successive levels I think you said. Without understanding basic math and the successive levels built off of it, how would you ever learn to understand calculus or any other advanced math? There has to be those steps to aid in our understanding. As far as fitting into the analogy of waking up, There is that stage of sleep where you turn off the alarm and never remember doing it, then you've got that stage on Sat. morning where you lay there right on the verge of sleep again but still conscious of being awake. Then there is the step of climbing out of bed and grumbling because your wife didn't make you coffee. Final level is when your dressed and headed out the door for work. I think I'm at the coffee stage myself.

Hope I made my point and didn't just ramble.

peace

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
What woke me up? Building 7 started the process. Daniel and Ezekiel sped up the process.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
When I started school, I was five, the teacher told us we must be good because god can see everything. There was a big cardboard box by the teachers desk and I remember thinking - If I was inside that box he wouldnt be able to see me, SHE'S LYING!!!
Then I noticed all the other kids faces, they looked frightened.

I've been awake ever since, I'm past 50 now.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RichardA

i will tell you two things that are already known by the Bloodlines of Europe/USA.

The blood on the Turin Shroud is AB- this is totally impossible to clone.

There is a sample of blood that has been tested after it was found on the Ark of the Covenant. (Yes it has been found but it has been rehidden by the angels guarding it. It would be a terrible weapon otherwise.)
This blood was AB- and it was STILL ALIVE.

This means that that Jesus was an immortal. Meaning His offspring would have been immortal. This means that He literally gave up His life.

No one of the Bloodline of Europe has ever been immortal and even if they have AB- they can never be the clone of Jesus.

This also means that when you 'Claim the blood of Jesus over you', you literally are claiming the protection of a living blood cell, which further claims the protection of Jesus!!!!

Do not believe the lie that the Bloodlines of Euprope are the Messiah to come. There may well be related to Jesus' step brothers though but so may anyone for that matter.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Years ago I stumbled onto ATS while looking up UFO stuff. someone was posting information about the mind control project the CIA had/was performing in MK Ultra. It caught my eye and lead me into other ways the US government used people for experiments. For instance, the kids who were steralized through free immunizations by KEISER in L.A. back in the 90's. It hit home. I was on WICK for about a year. A program designed to help low income people. Vulnerable people. People on their way to becomming homeless non people. What a kick in the groin. If you can't trust those who lead you, who can you trust?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have strange books
From the Ashes of Angels
someone moved them all
I'll try to remember some names
The Golden Children
The Hidden Dangers of the RAINBOW
astrology books galore
palm reading
idiot's guide to personality profiles
encyclopedias - medical books alternative remedies