It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thought on the simulated universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I am beginning to research the simulated universe theory, which I laughed at the first time I heard it, but now am beginning to think it could be true. One thing that makes me consider the theory is what has happened to me repeatedly in the last year. We live in a rental house and our contract has been over for about 6 months, so realtors come by about once a months to show the house to potential buyers, which means we have to do a huge house cleaning that's a big pain in the behind.

Anyways, I have noticed that just about every single time the house gets too messy, and I think to myself "don't worry about it no one's going to look at it" it seems like the very next day or so I get a call from the realtors telling me they want to show the house to someone. It's an amazing coincidence, but really I think it's happened far too many times to be an accident, so the conclusion must be that either my thoughts are creating reality, or something or someone is monitoring me and doing this to mess with me. That something could be god I suppose (though I don't believe in him anymore) or a computer program. I can't see any other possibilities.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Take a look at the echo. You are on earth. The north and south magnets pass through you to keep things flowing with the rest of the universe. There is a point of free will in you that navigates the surface of the earth using your body and whatever your body uses as tools. What you think and believe, in the zappings of your mind, go to your mouth, your limbs, your body, and you leave a trail of you in the universe. You among billions of other like-yous.

Your table. Someone designed it. Someone else cut the wood to glue, staple, bolt, or hammer it together. It left the shop and came to your home through a pattern of intention. Once it sits at a point in your room, it gets dragged in circles by the planet, leaving a trail of ...table echo.. in the universe, at a latitude on earth, until something gets in the way. Who put it there? You did. Who keeps it there? You do, but so do billions of people. Together we make the universe shaped different because of little things that, through rotations of time, send out the sound "table, table, table" and that echoes through the planet.

What exactly is the simulated universe? The one you and I are making right now. Do you really have a table? Yes, no, maybe? Maybe you did yesterday but not today. I made a simulated universe saying you had a table. In the minds of every conscious reader of this, they imagined that you had a table. Now, say you didn't have a table, but there are enough minds together reading to simulate a spot in your apartment (I did it again), where there is room for a table. Your subconscious will see the void others have created for you, and you will attempt to fill it. If you know what is missing, you will get a table, if you don't already have one.

Some people will even hear of this, and go out to get a tablet computer. Names make shape. The universe is not all up to us to simulate though. It's a cohabitative agreement. Some minds are bigger than you or I and they make harder rules. What happens when it gets real?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
so realtors come by about once a months to show the house to potential buyers

You have the answer right there.

While I believe our thoughts can shape our universe you are talking about a recurring pattern.
Subconsciously you know it's been a few weeks since the realtors have come by so they are due to come by again.
That subconscious thought makes you think of the cleanliness of your place.

I do think our thoughts can shape our world to some extent, but this just seems like your subconscious is recognizing a pattern and trying to make you aware of it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Do they come by the same week every month? Or is it random?

As the poster above me said, it might just be your subconscious, but if it's a random date, then maybe it's not your subconscious.

You may enjoy this thread if you haven't seen it yet: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I know that feeling!

I have my ups and downs, like everyone. When I'm trying to do all the right things like working harder, spending more time with friends/family, meeting new people etc., I seem to get all sorts of obstacles thrown in my path. I suddenly start getting financial headaches, transport starts breaking, computer dies, get sick (or someone close does) and it rains every Monday morning.

Yet if I slack off a bit and be lazy, it's like the entire cosmos starts giving me breaks. As though it would prefer me to sit around twiddling my thumbs. Suddenly I get little breaks like winning 50 quid on the lottery or chance encounters with old friends I'd like to see again. I know it's all subjective but I like to have an excuse for my failures and a big brother universe is certainly a good one!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jannerfish

I wonder if this is why hippies are so happy

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Even if it's a random date, as long as it's approximately every month the subconscious can spot the pattern.
It doesn't have to be exactly every 30 days.
He could get the feeling/thought on day 29, or day 33.

The mind is an amazing thing and picks up more then we realize.

new topics

top topics

join