It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slave to the system.......another week of making the man rich.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Andarian

All I can really say is try to find and do something you enjoy. Unfortunately this is the system that everyone is brainwashed to love, or accept.

Everyone bought into the " no money, no hope" mentality.

I have always told myself that if I ever got to down on the situation that I would go be a beach bum and spear some crabs for food. But unfortunately I want a little more fir my family at this moment.

So, I guess my advice would be to keep on a keeping on. Maybe try your damndest to get out of the costomer service thing, I feel it really isn't your cup of tea.

I know that jobs are hard to come by, but persistence pays off in the job hunting sector. Just keep searching for something else.

It really sucks slaving for the man, but suck it up and keep fighting. One day things will be different friend.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Thanks for your support, it's not just the customer part I hate it's the concept that a 9-5 job, monday to friday, is an absolute necessity when I don't think it is. Every time I tell someone this I get called selfish and lazy, but I'm not. Up until a few years ago I didn't know better, then I started finding out more and more about the banking system, and it all just clicked into place. We've come so far in terms of technology. We can put a man on the moon, we have instant global communication, but we're still told that we MUST work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and even then we are only earning enough to survive, not to actually do anything. It just doesn't fit. The only way that would be the case is if people at the top had rigged it that way.

The state want everyone dependent on them. The public tell you that it's degrading for a houseworking spouse to be totally dependent on her partner for money, but they see it as the ideal for her to get a job and be totally dependent on a complete stranger for money? That's years of state propaganda to convert the population into unquestioning wage slaves. Someone who is dependent upon a total stranger in return for money is called "independent", but someone who relies on a loved one for money is called "dependent". How have the ruling elites managed to convince people of that?

I do want to work, but I don't want to devote my entire life to it and become an unquestioning drone. I've seen the negative effects that has on people and I'm not going to become one of them. I think that almost all the idiotic policies in a lot of work places are just put there to try and make everyone complacent with unquestioningly following commands - Like an EULA on games, you don't really want to read all of it and consider it, you just click accept because you know you can't play otherwise (Yes I'm guilty of that specific example, but I don't see that as being TOO detrimental to my happiness lol). We're told to present a robotic level of happiness and obedience every time we are on shift, the cumulative effect of this is anger and frustration. One of my colleagues was in a horrible mood a couple of weeks ago, was bitchy and foul, yet whenever a customer came in he was "Hello there, what may I do for you?" and a false smile. I know we have to be professional with customers, but it still annoyed me. If he saw it as unacceptable to display his frustration to customers, why did he see it as acceptable to display it to me? just because I'm not paying him? Is he really so incapable of human emotion that the only way he can show politeness to another human being is if they are paying him?

<< 1   >>

join