It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slave to the system.......another week of making the man rich.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I am banged up, bruised up, sore to the bone.

I love the work, but hate to work.

As a slave to the system I must make the dough to pay the overinflated bills, Yeah, I love the work, I get a $1.60 raise garunteed every 6 months, got health insurance on the kids, and a decent weekly paycheck. I also am currently driving 200 miles a day, no exagerating, to the jobsite.

Don't get me wrong, I chose to do this, I really do love the work, but it is the never ending grind to make some paper money and "do my part".

LJ01 is so caught up in the daily grind that there is so little time to enjoy the little things.

Now excuse me, I need to go smoke.

Just a "slave" for the man. They get millions, while we get thousands, if were lucky.

I used to drink, If I still did it would be on a night like tonight

Feel free to post your rant on slaving for the man

It might make you feel better

edit on 28-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Why don't you move?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hi, just some quick questions. Are you married? If not, how often do you see your kids? How much are you paying in alimony/child support (a % of income). If you are broke because you let your sperm roam free and your wife left you after 5 years, then sadly I would say you fall in the sucker category. I would suggest learning spanish and hiding out in Patagonia if you have balls, or rolling over and giving 75% of your income without complaining if not.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity
Why don't you move?

The job sites are the one's that move.

I work for a mechanical contractor and they bid all of southern Illinois. There is really nowhere to move too. This job will last a few more months then hopefully there will be another job lined up to do, wherever that may be.

It is the construction industry. You work wherever there is new construction.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I slaved for the devil (US GOV), became a disabled veteran, and now the devil pays me tax free. However I give back and help other struggling veterans when I can and I have time to spend with my daughter. I will also be volunteering at the local VA hospital starting in a few weeks. I guess I could complain that the money isn't enough but I hate money any. As long as I can afford the nesecities for my family that's all that matters.

I feel for you having to make that commute everyday. That sounds like no fun at all. I do wish there was an alternative to the current status quo. No one should have to struggle the way you and many others are. I find myself in sort of a fortunate situation so I always try to help anyone who is in need. Hang in there and try to stay positive. I have taken a pretty horrible situation and turned into something bearable and more productive. It still kills me though that I pretty much could not join the workforce again unless I were to start my own buisness where I answer to no one and could have the flexability to deal with my many medical issues.

I should add, that working for the 'man' almost killed me on many occasions so I have much animocity towards the 'man'

edit on 28/4/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I feel your pain.It sucks working for the man.It's just a part of life.

Don't like it change it.

How you ask?

Open your own business.Problem solved.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by iamconcerned

Are you married?

No, I have been with my girlfriend for 11 years now. I feel that marriage is seriously over rated.

How much are you paying in alimony/child support (a % of income).

I am currently paying child support for one child. 20%

If you are broke because you let your sperm roam free and your wife left you after 5 years, then sadly I would say you fall in the sucker category.

Quite frankly, this is a very a$$holish type of thing to say.

Did I say I was broke? I make enough to pay the bills and take the kids to Dairy Queen

I would suggest learning spanish and hiding out in Patagonia if you have balls, or rolling over and giving 75% of your income without complaining if not.

No thank you..........

Thank you for your input

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Originally posted by definity
Why don't you move?

The job sites are the one's that move.

I work for a mechanical contractor and they bid all of southern Illinois. There is really nowhere to move too. This job will last a few more months then hopefully there will be another job lined up to do, wherever that may be.

It is the construction industry. You work wherever there is new construction.

Ahh sorry to hear that man, it is a bitch when you have to travel away from family..

Well on the bright side it only for a few more months, it's not forever...

And yeah i get what you mean being a slave to the system, we are all born into bondage and that bondage is called politics. I don't want to work personally, and the thing is people call me lazy. Well I say to them why should I work for another man? Why should i do what he says? like I'm a slave to money. But technically I am we all are, The government are not here to make us happy they are here to make money, David Cameron (UK Prime Minister) is not here to make people happy or to listen to them he is here to be an Economist, say what money goes where and how we can make more people in our country earn more money for Tax. They see us as Asset's to earn money. not people

Not saying that I'll should do anything that Boss man says like I'm some sort of slave, But in reality in work we have all had to do things that were not in the job description no matter how big or small the task was.

But my friend it all boils down to how corrupt capitalism is and the so called 'Resource' that it runs on 'Money'

Buddha said it 2500 years ago, "Money is the root of all evil" And TBH just look around in today's world compare countries side by side and you see how the majority of countries are suffering due to lack of money. It's all down to greedy rich bastards that want money/power and will rape them countries for it, no matter how many people die.

It's to me just seams like a Right Wing, control everything, money grabbing, police state, don't ask question's or else!, corruptible system that we live in
edit on 28-4-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I would personally like to thank you for your service.

Lj01 has many friends and family that have and some are still serving.

It's all right and all, I am just feeling a little worn out and tired after this week.

Thank you for your positive post.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Yes it is a mess.
The only way to fix it is to change your perspective...
Break free of the advertisemental restrictions.
So to speak.

Focus on the good things, the ones you take for granted.

Best
S&F

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
You have multiple children, but complain you work too hard for 'the man'. I think you work too hard because you chose to have multiple children. If you enjoy procreating, even ones that take 1/5th of your income that you never see, then you are working for them, not the man. Your ire is misplaced, you did this to yourself, either take it on the chin or stop procreating. My apologies if this comes across as cold and calculating, and i'm certainly happy your work ethic supports them and not my tax dollars, but it's the three kids that you love that make you drive 400 miles a day, if anything 'the man' is allowing you to not lose touch with the new kids, since the girlfriend might leave if you were broke.
edit on 28-4-2012 by iamconcerned because: sp.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by iamconcerned

You have multiple children, but complain you work too hard for 'the man'.

Correct

I think you work too hard because you chose to have multiple children.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I disagree with yours.. I could be a bum and let the state run my financial affairs.

I work hard because I want the best for my children.

That still does not mean that I am not a slave to the man.

If you enjoy procreating, even ones that take 1/5th of your income that you never see, then you are working for them, not the man.

Is the state government not "the man"?

The woman that I pay child support to has been married for several years and their household income is way higher than mine.

Working to support my son, nope, working to pay the bit%$'s new car payment.

Your ire is misplaced, you did this to yourself, either take it on the chin or stop procreating.

Again, your opinion.

I take it "on the chin" every day friend.

but it's the three kids that you love that make you drive 400 miles a day,

I drive 200 miles a day, I should have made that a little clearer, sorry.

if anything 'the man' is allowing you to not lose touch with the new kids, since the girlfriend might leave if you were broke.

Again your judgmental opinion.

We have been together for 11 years. I have been broke most of that time.

My "new kids" are 9 and 6

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
My judgemental opinion was a small window for you to appreciate your lot in life, and to look on things with a positive spin, and maybe blame yourself instead of others, but, it failed. Enjoy your negative outlook, it's all you.

God invented Jimmy Hats so that we wouldn't have to have 20% taken off the top of our life, which would leave anyone flat on their ass frankly. I feel for you, but anyone procreating needs to hear your story so maybe they'll wear a JIMMY HAT. If you're trying to complain about taxes, I think with 20% taken off the top you have bigger issues than taxes.
edit on 28-4-2012 by iamconcerned because: .

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
maybe a new Moses will lead us out of bondage and into the promised land.
no wait, that would then be the anti-christ...I am so confused

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Heya Lie Junkie... I gotta say I don't know what's up with other people attacking your personal life. It isn't any of their d@mn business just as mine isn't any of yours or theirs. It's your life to live.

That said, I know exactly the feeling you have. I too have corporate masters and have to do their will in order to make an appropriate living wage. I believe the nickname category I fall into is called "wage slaves" who work per hour and as many hours as possible. Just enough to live pay check to pay check.

If I had a hat, I'd tip it towards you just for the profession you chose. It makes the funds and the work is demanding. It's almost funny to think that loan officers just learn the red tape (and other's in those professions) and can do less work and make more.

So with that, I offer my imaginary cup of wine up in a toast to being money slaves.
edit on 4/28/2012 by Komod0Dragon because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
I feel your pain.It sucks working for the man.It's just a part of life.

Don't like it change it.

How you ask?

Open your own business.Problem solved.

You open your own buisness and you become a slave to the government and big businesses who want to run you out. One slight problem solved and many more are opened.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamconcerned
My judgemental opinion was a small window for you to appreciate your lot in life, and to look on things with a positive spin, and maybe blame yourself instead of others, but, it failed. Enjoy your negative outlook, it's all you.

God invented Jimmy Hats so that we wouldn't have to have 20% taken off the top of our life, which would leave anyone flat on their ass frankly. I feel for you, but anyone procreating needs to hear your story so maybe they'll wear a JIMMY HAT. If you're trying to complain about taxes, I think with 20% taken off the top you have bigger issues than taxes.
edit on 28-4-2012 by iamconcerned because: .

God didn't invent condoms. Humans did.

This is the rant forum for a reason. Your critisims have no basis.

You don't like it? Make a Rant topic about it!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Another week down.

The last two days was only a 165 mile round trip.

After three days of the 200 miles

I feel a little better this week though

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I that I am currently laid off. #I am going on my second week. The unemployment system is all jacked up and I am living pretty skimpy right now. I had my internet and cable shut off for while and I am typing this on my gfs fng phone. I really hate typing on this piece of sh#$. I just wanted to get that off of my chest.

On a positive note. Ihave not had a cigarette in two weeks. Those fat cat executives can shove it. Oh yeah..... I really hate typing on this phone.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I need some advice because "the system" is driving me insane atm. I have no problem with an honest days work for an honest days pay, but it's totally obvious to me that the current system is not fair. First up, there's a near absence of any jobs other than generic shop assistant where I live, so that's the only jobs open to me atm. Doing mindless repetitive customer focused work day in and day out for a pitiful minimum wage, watching people around me make work the centre of their existence to the point where they become obsessed about it, HELLO! This is not a free human race, its economic slavery. At least in the past, the slave owners were honest about their intentions. These days the powerful make a big show of how we are "free", but they've rigged it all so that if you don't play ball, you have nothing (no home no food). At work I'm expected to acknowledge a customer as being superior to me, apologize to them if they make a mistake and say it was my fault, agree with everything they say, and basically be a slave/servant. In return, my work pay me the absolute minimum they can without breaking the law. Almost everyone there puts work at the centre of their existence, and hate me because I put a higher value on my leisure time. They sometimes say to me that on the days I am not working, I should really be working because "it's not like your busy doing anything else". Yes I am doing something else! It's called having a life away from a dead end job. They think that I exist solely to work.

It is horrible for me, knowing that the entire system is deliberately made this way to make us helpless, and dependent, it's a totally pointless system that doesn't need to be this way. But I'm called selfish because I don't want to waste my life away making an arrogant CEO rich. Every day I feel I'm a hair length away from quitting, but then I'd have no money, so I'd need to find something else. But then I think I'd just run into the same problem. So much time is spent on work that we are forgetting what's really important in life. How can I cope with this?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join