It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did you have your first drink?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Being from Central Europe and all, I had my first drink at the age of 10. My dad had me drink a glass of mead.

By the way, a sip does not count

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Age 17 for me. Hanging out with my brother and his best friend. Later that spring I went on a rugby tour to Florida (of all places) and helped some of my buds make a case of beer disappear on the beach till the sun rose. Good times

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
15 or 16, can't remember the exact date but I was gone after 2 211's

After that I went more economical and went for the hard alcohol. A rum and vanilla cola go really well together.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Jack Daniels and root beer is my very favorite.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
14,right before an iron maiden concert.Puked through the whole show while everybody laughed at me....have never touched gin ever since.....I was so green,they kept calling me eddie

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I was 14, new year's my freshman year of highschool..
I drank vanilla bacardi and dr. pepper
thought i was such a badass..

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Younger than 10. I learned to respect alcohool, and now I am a very conscient and moderate drinker. Approximatively 1 beer (700 ml) per week.
edit on 27-4-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
About 9 pm.

I think I was 9? We got lost going to the lake. We were on the otherside of the lake (stepdad and all the girls) and mom and everyone else on the other side. We had broke down. We had all the alcho and camping stuff lmao!

Best 2 days ever!

This was before cell phones!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I was bold.....starting putting water in place of vodka in my Dad's stash at about 12

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
My brother was having a big party at our house and I drank some tequilla.. I was 20. Late bloomer.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
the first time i got drunk was age 13. I owe that to my uncle for giving me a pack of bud light.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
Younger than 10. I learned to respect alcohool, and now I am a very conscient and moderate drinker. Approximatively 1 beer (700 ml) per week.
edit on 27-4-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

I just drank a weeks worth of your beer reading this thread.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Beer comes in 700ml bottles where you live? I think I must have accidentally moved to the wrong country.

In answer to the OP, I think I was 7 or 8 and at a family gathering such as a christening or a wedding and everyone was doing the post-ceremonial alcohol thing. I discovered sherry and how sweet (and potent) she was. I couldn't stand or see after a while and my parents didn't notice till it was too late. Apparently someone had given me a tiny drop to try and then I went round and emptied glasses that still had a few drops in them and were unattended....
edit on 27/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
12 yoa. I would drink Genesee Beer fishing for perch with my grandfather. To this day I have to have a beer when I fish.

I use to have a drinking problem. Now I love the stuff

You got a S&F for this thread. What an interesting read. Interesting insight of others
edit on 27-4-2012 by BioSafe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hah, pretty interesting so far. Almost all of them well below the "legal" drinking age too.

Beer has never appealed to me for some reason. These days I'm only drinking for social functions. Appreciating what it means to be sober. Spending the money I save from not buying liquor on hard drugs! Just kidding.

Maybe I got drunk a few times in high school. I couldn't remember much but a friend of mine somehow ended up in a tree and had to be rescued by a cop.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Tadeusz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
At age 14 a buddy and I took his mom's car from Pensacola to New Orleans. I did my first drinking there at Mardi Gras. It was a lot of fun. Wasn't as much fun when we got back though.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
First drink, 17.

Was vodka and Schweppes

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
First drink 17...glass of wine given to me by my Mother.

Des

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
My first alcoholic drink, since you ruled out a “sip”, was… never. I never found any interest in ‘experimenting’. Never drank, never smoked, never broke a law, and never even had detention. I am so cool.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join