It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Surround Murder Suspects Underground Bunker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

King County sheriff and Seattle police SWAT teams are pumping more tear gas into an underground bunker in the Rattlesnake Ridge wilderness area where they believe Peter Keller, the prime suspect in the murders of his wife and daughter, remains holed up. Police are using robotic cameras to take a sneak peak in the bunker in preparation for what could be a long, tense standoff through the night. Tactical teams fired the first round of tear gas into the bunker near the Rattlesnake Ridge trail around 2 p.m. Friday, but Keller did not surrender. Police said the bunker appears to be well fortified and Keller is likely wearing a gas mask.

There is an interesting video at the link below. One of the police officers was on the radio today, and said that if this were a training exercise it would seem to bizarre to be real. The bunker has been built up for 8 years, and Keller had purchased numerous firearms, body armor and apparently has gas masks. The police were searching the area for Keller's bunker, and actually smelled wood smoke coming from the area. Hopefully this idiot doesn't hurt anyone else. Anyone capable of killing their wife child and pets and then burning down the house is a real danger.

Link

Oops, Here is a thread that beat me to it.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Sounds like the man lost it. This is bloody tragic

My heart goes out to his wife and kids and pet.

To extricate him perhaps they should pump in a heavier than air gas to move the oxygen out of the bunker?
edit on 27-4-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
They should try throwing smoke grenades down there instead of cs canisters. If he has a gas mask it will be effective against chemical agents. However it will do nothing for smoke, at least not without oxygen. Hopefully they can resolve this without anyone getting hurt or killed.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
They should try throwing smoke grenades down there instead of cs canisters. If he has a gas mask it will be effective against chemical agents. However it will do nothing for smoke, at least not without oxygen. Hopefully they can resolve this without anyone getting hurt or killed.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm reading the article thinking: Well, if he has a gas mask--or if you even suspect he has a gas mask--why are you continuing to pump teargas into the bunker? Try something he doesn't have a defense against. Dimwits.

Anyway. I think a lot of people are starting to lose it. Things are looking bad for the home team, so to speak. Everywhere you look the country has gone crazy. Government's out of control... police are out of control... educators are out of control... control freaks are out of control

Maybe things just looked so dark he couldn't find his way out....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
HE grenades work best if this guy won't come out.He obviously is a survivalist,I look to the media to play this up to make survivalists look bad.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
HE grenades work best if this guy won't come out.He obviously is a survivalist,I look to the media to play this up to make survivalists look bad.

This is what I am wondering, I know crimes happen, and there are bad people in every group, but with the media fabricating lies against groups of people in attempts to demonize them, I am very suspicious when a crime gets committed that makes entire groups look evil, especially when they are groups that are against the powers that be in America. That in and of itself makes you wonder.

We already know the survivalist type is considered to be terrorists, and put on the US terror suspect list, so it seems too perfect an opportunity for the media to have a go and make every other American scared of them.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Heck yeah, if thats the only entrance a 20lbs satchel charge would do the trick. It would bury him inside. Or indindeary grenaades as well. burn him out. I would not want to be the one to go into that bunker with the time he's had to prep it,
But I guess this is a citezen and not some insurgent in a bunker.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

This is what I am wondering, I know crimes happen, and there are bad people in every group, but with the media fabricating lies against groups of people in attempts to demonize them, I am very suspicious when a crime gets committed that makes entire groups look evil, especially when they are groups that are against the powers that be in America. That in and of itself makes you wonder.

We already know the survivalist type is considered to be terrorists, and put on the US terror suspect list, so it seems too perfect an opportunity for the media to have a go and make every other American scared of them.

The used the huteree malitia group here in Michigan to do just that. It's too bad it failed miserably. Those guys were not all top not true patriotic malitiamen though. But that was one example and your probably right that this is the next.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

The used the huteree malitia group here in Michigan to do just that. It's too bad it failed miserably. Those guys were not all top not true patriotic malitiamen though. But that was one example and your probably right that this is the next.

What is a true patriotic militia man? Don't they all have the same theme, just different locations different people same ideal?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

What is a true patriotic militia man? Don't they all have the same theme, just different locations different people same ideal?

Well there are radical malitias that want to overthrow the government and be lawless, and then there are malitias who do good things for their communities and stand ready to protect their fellow citezens from a govenrment that becomes too pwerfull. Here where I live we have both. We have some crazies in the next town over that are a bunch of criminals and extremely radical. They are just to stupid to ever do anything of substance.

Then we have The Southeast Michigan Volunteer Malitia which is a great organization. They regularly assist local law enforcement in missing persons searching and other community services. They always show up after violent thunderstorms and tornados to provide assistance.

A true patriotic malitiaman to me is someone who loves the citizens of his or her country. And someone who loves the constitution and wishes to maintain it and protect it. A good malitiaman will also stand ready to fight a tyrranical government if the need arises. To me that is what the second amendment to the constitution was written for.

Source

'A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.'

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Very nice, thank you for the explanation.

Yes I agree, that anyone who wants to uphold the constitution has to love the people they may someday be fighting in the cause of, otherwise it is nothing more than a power struggle which is always bad because truth and justice is not a concern.

And if the mentality to is fight in the cause of people, you should be willing to do that everyday, in every possible way you can. Which means helping the people when they have a need, and it is good that there are people doing just that.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
As Domo noted, there is an older thread on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute there. Closed.

new topics

top topics

join