It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If I Wanted America To Fail" Video Goes Viral, Twitter Suspends Group's Website

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by TKDRL

I’d cut off America’s supply of cheap, abundant energy. I couldn’t take it by force. So, I’d make Americans feel guilty for using the energy that heats their homes, fuels their cars, runs their businesses, and powers their economy.

Abundant energy... riiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhttttttttt......

He's talking about oil as if it were cheap clean abundant energy.
I'm sorry, but he is wrong... oil based fuels are a huge problem.
His entire argument is based on money and prosperity (greed).

I think you may have misunderstood something there... Oil used to be cheap, and the fact is that the United States has more oil than all of the Middle Eastern countries combined. The oil industries here have their hands tied because of "environmental" regulations (created by our own politicians) designed to inflate the prices resulting in an artificial oil shortage. If we were to tap into America's hidden oil reserves, what goes on in the middle east would be of little to no concern to us, instead we resorted to importing most of the oil this country uses. Those countries we import the oil from took control of their oil industries and created O.P.E.C. in order to control oil prices. If you control the energy, the food, and the water, then you have absolute power over the masses. It's sad but true that only a hand full of people control the world. It's all about money, greed, and power. You would have to be really closed minded not to see what's happening in this country, but for those who chose not to see it... ignorance is bliss!
edit on 28-4-2012 by DevineWisdom because: adding in a few more thoughts

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
It is cheap, they tax the hell out of it. I do not believe he ever says it is clean.

Federal taxes on each gallon of crude amount to 18.4 cents in all states. Considering that the cost of a gallon of crude fluctuates by about 50 cents depending on global demand, (In January 2012, the average price of gasoline amounted to $3.29 per gallon. By April 2012 the price per gallon amounted to $3.80), eliminating the Federal fuel tax will not make much of a difference in the cost of crude. The cost of crude is influenced by international demand. The government can ease the cost on the consumer, on the American tax payer, but it will only be brief.

Here is another fact for you to chew on, American domestic crude producers more than tripled the amount of domestic crude they exported to other nations during the Bush administration, at a time where oil subsidies were at a high. The oil corporations don't give a damn about America's need for energy independence, these businesses are only concerned with profit, and international buyers are willing to give them that.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevineWisdom

reply to post by TKDRL

I’d cut off America’s supply of cheap, abundant energy. I couldn’t take it by force. So, I’d make Americans feel guilty for using the energy that heats their homes, fuels their cars, runs their businesses, and powers their economy.

I'm fairly sure he's talking about wind, solar, water, bio, etc. energies being better alternatives, as in extremely easy to use and cheap, at least by comparison to how the average american perceives their expense and practicality.

And that we're guilted into using fossil fuels and nuclear energies instead.

But IMO, we weren't guilted. Many early attempts at alternative energy cars, which functioned perfectly well, were shut down by the fed almost as quickly as they were manufactured. It's just one of the more blatant examples of disregard for our well being at the price of corruption.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
America will fall one day and speaking as an outsider that may be a good thing... America is the self proclaimed world police, as an Irishman after seen what England has to done my family and my country it would be good if america had a reality check they are heading in the same direction of control over people who have no interest in being controlled by them.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by TKDRL

The only green people out there are the amish folks, and people like them. Are you willing to give up electricity and easy transportation? Talk about maintenance, imagine having to feed and shelter, and clean up poop from your green ride.
Good point. But you only begin to touch on horse maintenance.

Yes. It's just our bad luck, that the most commonly available beast of burden, also happens to have one of the worst and least robust anatomic designs in the animal kingdom. Equine physiology sucks.

edit on 28-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If I wanted America to fail I would start with slick propaganda videos and try to make them go viral. I would close my own Twitter account and claim I was being censored. If I wanted America to fail I would try and juggle three wars that America couldn't pay for and borrow money from China because I didn't want to raise taxes on the rich. If I wanted America to fail I would do everything I could to keep people in the dark by disinformation and patriotism.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

I think you may have misunderstood something there... Oil used to be cheap, and the fact is that the United States has more oil than all of the Middle Eastern countries combined. The oil industries here have their hands tied because of "environmental" regulations (created by our own politicians) designed to inflate the prices resulting in an artificial oil shortage. If we were to tap into America's hidden oil reserves ...

Sorry to have reduced your post, but I was curious about your specific statements at the beginning of your post. Could you please reference your sources regarding your statements, "America's hidden oil reserves" and "... the United States has more oil than all of the Middle Eastern countries combined." ? Thank you.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

What like we are supposed to stop everyday business???So far it has been fine, we have been burning this stuff forever now and the church of climatology is still struggling to come up with proof that it has any negative long term effects. What is more organic than crude oil?

Cool story br0!!!11!!!1!!!

We dont need to stop everyday business, but maybe try to live a moar sustainable life.

We've been burning fossil fuels forever? Holy #, that definitely means my whole idea of atheism is wrong! I'm seriously screwed then! Forever is an absolute, so it is quite impossible, luckily I'm not a douche and understand what you mean. So back to my point, we are just starting to understand the effects that burning fossil fuels has had and will have on our ONLY planet. Just because you think you know the answer doesn't mean that you do, remember that for a long ass time most of our species thought that the world was flat and the sun revolved around the earth.

What is more organic than crude oil? Well you have me there! I will offer this thought tho... I love mushrooms and they have some pretty good nutrition in them, mushrooms are an excellent source of potassium, riboflavin, niacin, and selenium. So mushrooms are pretty darn organic themselves, but the problem lies in the fact that I (being a very large and unhealthy man) like to process the hell out of them (much like we do with crude). I love to cover them in batter, salt, and deep fry them in canola oil. I have taken this very nutritious and wonderful mushroom and turned it into an artery clogging death nugget on a plate (once again, much like we do with crude destroying our air quality).

I deep fry my mushrooms so your point is invalid.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
From the people that bought you the 'Kony 2012; Campaign in order to open up Africa to military intervention for 'humanitarian' reasons although the real reasons were economic and geo-strategic we now have the Freemarket Campaign.

Hey folks wake up.

This video is all about big business getting bigger. Its all about promoting human greed and not at all about looking after human need. You know if we wanted to save the American economy we would first treat the world economy. But really its far too late to attempt to resusitate the world financial system. There is no bringing a dead and rotten corpse back to life. The reasons we had the GFC (global financial crises) of 2008 is the breakdown of an entire economic and social system and not the evil doings of a few miscreant men and women. The GFC has not gone away. Things have gotten worse. Think back a little. What originated with the collapse of Lehman Brothers IN THE US-of-A was a direct result of massive speculation on the financial market, an economy based mostly in recent years on the production of financial instruments (think derivatives), and the bursting of the housing bubble. But this has been ongoing for decades. Go back to the original bankruptcy of America, remember when it reneged on honoring the Bretton Woods Agreement, back in the Reagan years, because the US simply did not have the gold to back all the dollars held abroad? Remember that? Some of us weren't around then. But look it up. There is a kind of inevitability about the way things are going.

It isn't just about the USA either, and it certainly isn't about China, or for that matter any other one country. It is about the inevitable demise of Capitalism. They just do not want you to know this.

But hey, the Greeks know it. The Spanish know it. Their countries are being robbed blind by the banks because now they can. In Gorden Gecko's 1980's it was all about corporate takeovers, emptying out the assets and selling off what was left over, bugger the employees. Now they simply take over entire countries, empty out the assets and bugger the populations. Yes, today Greek and Spain, tomorrow the USA. They just don't want you to know the real reasons for what is likely coming. Oh and this will be happening to Portugal, Italy, France, and Japan, to name just the most likely next targets of the pirates. You have to ditch capitalism and nation state hood. That is how it is. The system is broke. It does not deliver the resources we all need to us any longer. Those resources are based all around the globe. They belong to humanity not just to anyone country with the military might to take it. We are being conned.

The con job that lie behind videos like this one become all too obvious once you wake up and realise hey I wasn't born yesterday morning.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Seens like a video that Reptilian clan leaders would create. Not saying these people are Reptilians, but they definetely are in communication with them. S&F OP, good find. Crazy how much power Reptilians have if they could make this video go viral in a few hours

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If I wanted any country to fail, I'd strip them of their desire to produce and give them more desire to feed themselves silly, then spend their money on painkillers and live in an endless death cycle of eating-pilling-#ting frenzy. Anyone watch TV in the US recently? Anyone notice the amount of food, pills and crap adverts that keep popping up in your face like you have no where to run?

Heh
edit on 28-4-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
All that for america to fail?

You just have to re-elect Obama...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
This video is all about big business getting bigger. Its all about promoting human greed and not at all about looking after human need.

No, it's not. It's about a group of scared, desperate people, who remember how much better things seemed to them during the 1950s and 1970s, and who want that scenario to come back.

The Right are not evil, for the most part. A lot of them want solutions as much as anyone else does. I don't always agree with the solutions that they propose, but I'm not going to criticise them for wanting to try something.

Read some Ayn Rand, sometime. You'll probably be surprised at how much integrity you'll find there. Rand's ideas weren't perfect, but they are nowhere near as bad as what some people make out. I'm not a fan of Friedman or von Mises, for the most part, but some of Rand's ideas make a lot of sense. She just didn't know how to reconcile the inherent conflict between individualism and collectivism, is all. It's not an easy gap to bridge.

It isn't just about the USA either, and it certainly isn't about China, or for that matter any other one country. It is about the inevitable demise of Capitalism. They just do not want you to know this.

No. Globalism is the problem. The one thing that is to blame, is the one thing that never gets mentioned. Each country needs to go back to being its' own country again. Capitalism can't scale at international levels. No economic system that we have can.

You have to ditch capitalism and nation state hood. That is how it is. The system is broke.

That is exactly what they want you to do. The cabal designed the system to eventually push everyone to internationalism.

The death of the individual nation state means the death of humanity. Marx's Internationale was introduced by people who want perpetual, irremovable, universal human enslavement.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Another10Pin

reply to post by TKDRL

I think you may have misunderstood something there... Oil used to be cheap, and the fact is that the United States has more oil than all of the Middle Eastern countries combined. The oil industries here have their hands tied because of "environmental" regulations (created by our own politicians) designed to inflate the prices resulting in an artificial oil shortage. If we were to tap into America's hidden oil reserves ...

Sorry to have reduced your post, but I was curious about your specific statements at the beginning of your post. Could you please reference your sources regarding your statements, "America's hidden oil reserves" and "... the United States has more oil than all of the Middle Eastern countries combined." ? Thank you.

no problem there...
...we have this one>>> oilprice.com... with 1.7 to 3 billion barrels of oil
... this one >>> www.nextenergynews.com... which could produce up to 500 billion barrels of oil
... in Colorado and Utah there's this one >>> www.rumormillnews.com... which has been estimated to have 2 trillion barrels.

We also have the reserves that the U.S. government buys up for storage during times of crisis. I would advise that we further develop the technologies to safely extract the oil, and further improve Solar and Hydro-electric power to achieve energy independence. The main point I'm trying to make is that the video was right... We had cheap energy ( it didn't say anything about clean) but let Bureaucracy take it away.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Yeah, humans tend to produce human based perspectives environments just exist.
Just face it,environmentalism is a faith based religion.

Nah, you can't touch jesus or smell gods funky beard.

I can touch the hail stones that are melon sized when it's supposed to be heading into summer, and I can taste the toxins in the air, early in the morning just as everyone pumps out their mornings worth of fumes while going about making a miserable dollar while giving 60% of it away to people who sit of their bums and tell everyone how wrong they are, nothing is going on, and as long as i have my cigar and port, I don't care a jot about you!

Faith based? I have no faith in the environment... other than when it's done with us, it will bounce back in a few hundred thousand years.

Religion? Well is as much as you can call a westbro baptist church a real church, I guess.

It's stemmed from wrongly coining the phrase... what a shame it remains the sticking point..

We know that pollution is bad for the planet. Or we're not taking our meds, at least we can be safe in that. Pollution is bad. We know that greenhouse gasses trap heat within the Earth's atmosphere, we can see this effect on Venus. Apples and oranges, sure, Earth and Venus are not the same. But the effect is an observed one.

Yet, we live such a short, mostly ignorant, awkward and clumsy life that by the time we notice anything about our environment, it takes decades to put a finger on it. Greenhouse gasses make temperatures hotter. So some clever clancy came up with Global Warming.

Sure, its catchy, it gets your attention, you go "Man, no way dude, heavy!" and start picking up your lollypop sticks to save the environment.

But somewhere, where it is usually cold, it's getting hot? How can this be...

So a few decades later, some other super steve came up with Global Cooling. Hmm, wait... wasn't it just.. hang on a minute!

So now, you get someone else come to the table and lay down a fat "Climate change" tag. Well, if it gets hotter, that's change. Gets cooler, that's change. Stays the same when it's supposed to do either, that's change.

It's not misleading, and in fact, it shows that we're able to see the situation better. We know how convection works, we know that it affects the temperatures of the Earth immensely, and we know that temperatures are changing.

So...
Climate observer : Change, it's getting cooler.
Climate Ignorer: Bollocks.
Climate observer : Change, it's getting hotter!
Climate Ignorer: Bollocks.
Climate observer : Change, it's getting cooler where it was hot, and hotter where it was cool.
Climate Ignorer: Bollocks. You're making this up.
Climate observer : If we don't at least acknowledge the problem, it will impact us disastrously!!
Climate ignorer: Bollocks. Now excuse me while I smoke a packet of doug fir trees and tip this used sump oil into a river.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hey.. sounds like the truth.. need to ban that... quick..

Trolls unite : nothing to see here.. move on , move on..

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
If I wanted America to fail I would create super mega social networking websites and online forums like ATS so people sit around arguing all day about the ills of society...from their chairs...while doing nothing.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Yeah the stuff that enables you a house, food, car, healthcare and free education. Horrible stuff isn't it?

"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest." — Adam Smith
edit on 29-4-2012 by indigo21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
This video is all about big business getting bigger. Its all about promoting human greed and not at all about looking after human need.

No, it's about big business getting smaller. How? Because small business should be enabled to compete against big business. More competitors means more production, which means cheaper product, which means the average person can afford more product, which means a higher standard of living for the average person, which means greed satisfies human need more than benevolence.
edit on 29-4-2012 by indigo21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

No. Globalism is the problem. The one thing that is to blame, is the one thing that never gets mentioned. Each country needs to go back to being its' own country again. Capitalism can't scale at international levels. No economic system that we have can...The death of the individual nation state means the death of humanity. Marx's Internationale was introduced by people who want perpetual, irremovable, universal human enslavement.

Unravel all of this.

Globalism is the problem? What exactly about a global economy do you not get? Trade between peoples has been happening since the time boats were invented. Read more about world history and less from idealologists like Rand. Look, the "globalism' is a meaningless term unless you care to define it you sound like someone who is parroting without a clue. A global economy is a necessity. It always has been since the industrial revolution. Raw materials are located unequally around the globe. Nations go to war when they lose the ability to access oil. This is exactly why Japan got itself into the war. Have you heard about a geo-strategic aims? Every single nation in the world has them.

Capitalism can't scale at international levels? Right. You have right there the basic contradiction leading us all into war, and the very reason for the austerity measures being exacted in every single nation in the world right now. Including your own. Capitalism has produced the nation state as a means to create and control markets. You will notice if you read history nation states have not been around for ever. They began only a couple of centuries or so back. The wars we see in the Middle East, Europe (the Balkans), Eastern Europe (what used to be the USSR, etc are all conflicts involving nation state created by the allies after the last two world wars never mind the will and rights of the actual populations of those lands. Entire groups found themselves landless, and without any rights, for example, the Palistinians and the Kurds to name just two etc. Wars break out over borders that were created by the allies to serve their ends of foreign empires. Nations didn't just break out like roses do in spring.

Nations are created to compete over scarce resources, this is how capitalism flourishes by the endless creation and domination of markets. But finally these markets exhaust themselves, then the pie has to be redivided. That leads to war. World war.

The death of the individual nation state means the death of humanity? Where the heck do you pull that one from? Ann Rynd? Look, the end of nation states means the end of wars. That's it. We realise we are fighting over resources we all have equal rights to. Not idealism just reality, a plain rational scientific answer to the worlds problems means you look at the material world and decide how to best to allocate according to human need. All humanity. Not just a greedy few (the 1 percent), the capitalists.

"Marx's Internationale was introduced by people who want perpetual, irremovable, universal human enslavement." Marx was an economist first and foremost. If you study economy you have to wade through a chapter devoted to Marx in order to understand his major contribution the concept of capital. This is Marx's brilliant conception which enabled modern economics to exist. (See Karl Marx. Capital A Critique of Political Economy. Volume I Book One: The Process of Production of Capital. First published: in German in 1867)

Marx while alive didn't even get to speak at the First International although apparently attending the conference in Britain. Marx himself stated famously he had no idea what Marxism was and did not want to be a part of it. He remained though firmly commited to socialist ideals and socialism had existed as an ideology a long long time before he was born. Heard about the French revolution? You know the one that inspired the American revolution? The French revolution was based around socialist ideals. These socialist ideals were betrayed by an entrenched middle class who realised they would lose the priviliged position if equality was truely given to the masses, and so they encouraged base brutalism to reign on the streets, and a few royal necks to be chopped to appease the masses before themselves putting an end to the revolution in a most brutal manner.

Socialism is about true democracy, arising out of the will of the people. It is not imposed from the top down. People elect their own leaders. You might see here that there is absolutely no connection with nationalism and dicators like Stalinism, Maoism, or any of the other minor isms associated with socialism, and calling themselves communism (the final stage of development arising out of socialism - naturally not under coercion).

Read your history.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join