It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If I Wanted America To Fail" Video Goes Viral, Twitter Suspends Group's Website

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

"If I Wanted America To Fail" Video Goes Viral, Twitter Suspends Group's Website

www.datelinezero.com

Breitbart.com and HotAir.com both embedded the video on the 22nd. “If I wanted America to fail” got over 120,000 hits in less than 36 hours. (Drudge Report linked to the video later, which helped the video gain a huge amount of visibility.)

And then the Twitter page for Free Market America, the group behind the video, was suspended midway through Earth Day!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
netrightdaily.com
michellemalkin.com

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
After a rather large outcry, which included numerous people attempting to contact Twitter for an explanation, and a lobbying effort from conservative bloggers, the account was restored (after Earth Day, of course).

The article points out that Twitter has a history of supporting free speech and activism, as long as such things support a particular status quo. But Twitter, and Google, has a history of shutting down particular messages -- maybe to appease certain governments, or just because someone at Google or Twitter doesn't agree.

It's only recently occurred to me that I still think of things like Twitter and FB as alternative media. But they are pretty mainstream, LOL.

www.datelinezero.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

What was the video about? I could not watch it. Dial-up.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
And then the Twitter page for Free Market America, the group behind the video, was suspended midway through Earth Day!

Well of course because the Earth day people are Marxists, they do not like free market anything.
edit on 27-4-2012 by CaptainCaveMan because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

If I wanted America to fail …

To follow, not lead; to suffer, not prosper; to despair, not dream.

I would start with energy.

I’d cut off America’s supply of cheap, abundant energy. I couldn’t take it by force. So, I’d make Americans feel guilty for using the energy that heats their homes, fuels their cars, runs their businesses, and powers their economy.

I’d make cheap energy expensive, so that expensive energy would seem cheap.

I would empower unelected bureaucrats to all-but-outlaw America’s most abundant sources of energy. And after banning its use in America, I’d make it illegal for American companies to ship it overseas.

I’d use our schools to teach one generation of Americans that our factories and our cars will cause a new Ice Age, and I’d muster a straight face so I could teach the next generation that they’re causing Global Warming.

And when it’s cold out, I’d call it Climate Change instead.

I’d imply that America’s cities and factories could run on wind power and wishes. I’d teach children how to ignore the hypocrisy of condemning logging, mining and farming — while having roofs over their heads, heat in their homes and food on their tables. I would never teach children that the free market is the only force in human history to uplift the poor, establish the middle class and create lasting prosperity.

Instead, I’d demonize prosperity itself, so that they will not miss what they will never have.

I would create countless new regulations and seldom cancel old ones. They would be so complicated that only bureaucrats, lawyers and lobbyists could understand them. That way small businesses with big ideas wouldn’t stand a chance – and I would never have to worry about another Thomas Edison, Henry Ford or Steve Jobs.

I would ridicule as “Flat Earthers” those who urge us to lower energy costs by increasing supply. And when the evangelists of commonsense try to remind people about the law of supply and demand, I’d enlist a sympathetic media to drown them out.

I would empower unaccountable bureaucracies seated in a distant capitol to bully Americans out of their dreams and their property rights. I’d send federal agents to raid guitar factories for using the wrong kind of wood; I’d force homeowners to tear down the homes they built on their own land.

I’d make it almost impossible for farmers to farm, miners to mine, loggers to log, and builders to build.

And because I don’t believe in free markets, I’d invent false ones. I’d devise fictitious products—like carbon credits—and trade them in imaginary markets. I’d convince people that this would create jobs and be good for the economy.

For every concern, I’d invent a crisis; and for every crisis, I’d invent the cause; Like shutting down entire industries and killing tens of thousands of jobs in the name of saving spotted owls. And when everyone learned the stunning irony that the owls were victims of their larger cousins—and not people—it would already be decades too late.

I’d make it easier to stop commerce than start it – easier to kill jobs than create them – more fashionable to resent success than to seek it.

When industries seek to create jobs, I’d file lawsuits to stop them. And then I’d make taxpayers pay for my lawyers.

I would transform the environmental agenda from a document of conservation to an economic suicide pact. I would concede entire industries to our economic rivals by imposing regulations that cost trillions. I would celebrate those who preach environmental austerity in public while indulging a lavish lifestyle in private.

I’d convince Americans that Europe has it right, and America has it wrong.

I would prey on the goodness and decency of ordinary Americans.

I would only need to convince them … that all of this is for the greater good.

If I wanted America to fail, I suppose I wouldn’t change a thing.

A young dude in a suit says all that. It's like an artistic type video I suppose.
edit on Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:00:20 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The wierd but true thing about this.
Ryan B. Houck who is behind this is a Certified Crematory Professional.
www.austinandbarnesfuneralhome.com...

I wonder if this guy was mixed up in the SCI scandal some how?
www.prisonplanet.com...

FEMA Director Joe Allbaugh Resigns: Skeletons Here, There, and Everywhere......Literally

edit on 27-4-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Thank you alot! Saved to my computer for future references.

edit on 27-4-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Not a problem, it is a decent speech. Has some truth to it in my opinion, hits the target pretty well.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I read halfway through this and am thinking "hey isn't this what's going on?"

But there is some disagreement here on my part because there are plenty of alternatives to farming food (produce can be grown on top of a skyscraper or in hydro-plants) Wind energy as well as h2o energy can be feasible, if the government allowed (that's the big problem here).... but most of the article is exactly what is being done to us Americans.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I’d cut off America’s supply of cheap, abundant energy. I couldn’t take it by force. So, I’d make Americans feel guilty for using the energy that heats their homes, fuels their cars, runs their businesses, and powers their economy.

Abundant energy... riiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhttttttttt......

He's talking about oil as if it were cheap clean abundant energy.
I'm sorry, but he is wrong... oil based fuels are a huge problem.
His entire argument is based on money and prosperity (greed).

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If I wanted America to fail, I'd let corporations buy the House, Senate and Presidency... after buying the Supreme Court.

True story bro.....

I would not have to pretend climate change isn't happening either.

M.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
That video promotes free market capitalism, which is to say freedom, liberty and prosperity. Those things are anathema to the liberal mind. It's no wonder that Twitter suspended it, seeing as they're run by Dick Costolo, one of Obama's zombie lackeys.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

It would be a lot cheaper, and way more abundant if there weren't the government agencies barring us from tapping into most of our own oil supplies, refining it ourself etc.

As for clean, you got a better idea? No matter what, we are screwing something up... I find nuclear energy, the one spouted by a lot of the rabid treehuggers, the dirtiest of all. Burying toxic, high radioactive sludge in the ground, and hoping it doesn't crack open is not by any stretch of the imagination clean. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Hydro dams on rivers is causing all kinds of problems now, such as killing off salmon that use the rivers to spawn. Even the ones specially made to let salmon through are not working, the charge in the water seems to be scaring the fish from going farther upstream.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I think if everyone had solar panels on their roof and a small turbine, most people would be energy independent. That would never happen because we need to pay for our energy. You would still have power plants for the folks in the city and for if you don't produce enough yourself.

I agree nuclear power is not the solution. We need more of those power plants that use the tide as an energy source.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by TKDRL

I believe he's talking about coal, natural gas and oil.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Makeshift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Made a thread on this already and it does have a profound message lost of some who calls it right wing propaganda the original inspiration for this vdeo was based off Paul Harvey's "if i were the devil"

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

Why on Hot air? thats a NeoCon site.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by TKDRL

It is cheap, they tax the hell out of it. I do not believe he ever says it is clean.

Oh i know!! They cause global warming AND global cooling, they probably cause record breaking mid temperatures too.

No its based on logic...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Made a thread on this already and it does have a profound message lost of some who calls it right wing propaganda the original inspiration for this vdeo was based off Paul Harvey's "if i were the devil"

Yeah i don't see how it is "right wing" i think people just think that because they automatically think that anything that goes against the current OWS hipster propaganda is part of the evil republican empire. Forgetting the fact that Nixon started the EPA and that it did not become a faith based religion until Gore made the church of Climatology a mainstream religion.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

It is cheap, they tax the hell out of it. I do not believe he ever says it is clean.

Even the most optimistic estimations predict oil will only last us another 100 years before we suck it all up. Like it or not, it is going to get extremely expensive when we start to run extremely low.

Oh i know!! They cause global warming AND global cooling, they probably cause record breaking mid temperatures too.

Run around in circles all you want, the chemicals released from burning oil based fuels aren't good for the environment, even if scientists are unable to agree on the environmental effects, there is an effect. He's talking like we could could perpetually burn mass amounts of fuel and it would have no effect, as long as it helps us go about our every day business. It's an utterly Human based perspective with absolutely no consideration for the environment. I can't even stand to enter large cities anymore, the fumes are unbearable, I have no idea how people can stand breathing this crap in every day all day.

Good luck with your "prosperous" society.
edit on 28-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join