It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 55
<< 52  53  54   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Because it's how you people act, not what you say.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

That was well-said. I'm not a Christian, by the way. But I still think it is unfair for the left to generalize all Christians as the same. The real message is a lot different than the one that many of them follow.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well this guy seems like a pompus ass.

No agenda....right.

What gets me, is that everyone points to the old testament as the basis for the anti-gay hate argument. Look, Christ came to fulfill the law (not uphold it) and he only gave us two commandments:

(paraphrasing)

Love the lord with all your mind, strength and soul.
Love your neighbor as yourself.

That's it.

So, all this BS from this guy about stoning non-virgins on their wedding night or any of this other crap is just pure hate coming from someone preaching tolerance!

But, stand before a crowd preaching how bad Christians are by reciting old testament teachings to applause, doesn't mean he's right.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

That was well-said. I'm not a Christian, by the way. But I still think it is unfair for the left to generalize all Christians as the same.

I should have made something clear, not all Christians are radical right wing, some are not even right wing. Being a lefty lib Christian, I know there are many of us out there, but unfortunately, we do not scream, cry, and whine to anywhere near the same degree that radical right does. Remember the old saying, the squeaky wheel gets the grease?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I know that Ryan, but the loudest ones come from the Conservatives mostly.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Exatly. I see you found what I was looking for.I think thats where most people get hung up on. After Jesus was resurrected the old laws were in effect nullified but for those two things. People seem to disregard that.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Hi Yuppa. I think that is kind of his point actually.

To many people get hung up on certain parts of Leviticus, while ignoring other, more inconvenient parts.

I don't think Dan Savage was trying to say that Leviticus should be followed to the letter, the point he was trying to make IS that Leviticus, though being part of the Old Testament, is not applicable, and people calling themselves Christians, who chose to only apply certain parts of it, at their convenience, especially for purposes of hate and abuse, are being hypocritical.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I wish he would have been clearer on that point. it would have saved alot of butt hurt LOL. At last we finally agree on it!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

I bet they can spell better than you, though.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
It is more obvious than ever that Christians are under attack. If you don't bow down to the anti-Christian, pro-Gay agenda of hatred and intolerance that goes under the doublespeak-false-colors of "anti-bullying," you will be ostracised

I find it hilarious that you mention intolerance of others and pro-gay agenda in the same sentence. Can you say hypocrite. Tolerance isn't self exclusive sweetheart. Moving on. Not even gonna bother with the rest of you rant.
edit on 15-5-2012 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
While I agree that he shouldn't have sworn there, the message he was putting across was just and appropriate for an environment with young people in education. Also, those people who walked out shouldn't have left. All Dan was doing was pointing out the horrible features of the bible that people shouldn't follow or take literally. The fact that those people walked out, shows that they agree with what the bible says and don't wish to listen to someone else's opinions that conflict with their own views and beliefs.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Speaking of tolerance. You know how homosexuals (commonly and disappropriately called gays - and I say that because they are afraid of what they are..), you know how they slam say Christians for being intolernant and bigotted...???

Has any non homoseuxal visited a 'gay' websire and read what they actaully say about those who would dare to disagree with them..?

Not only are they revealed as intolerant and biggotted in an extreme sense they reveal a lot more than that...!!!!!!!

Why are you visiting gay sites, if you're not... gay? Also, the term you're looking for is "straight", not non-homosexual - and honestly, from where I'm sitting, it would seem that YOU are in fact afraid of what they are LMAO

I'm sure this man was brought up and faced with intolerance and judgement from every aspect of his life, most of it probably coming from so-called Christians. Here we see the product of that intolerance and judgement: an openly gay man with a supposed anti-Christian agenda, an audience and a stage lashing back against those who persecuted him.

What if, when you die, you see Jesus and he turns out to be gay... and black, wrapped in a fabulous rainbow flag with the tightest pair of cut-off jean shorts, a tight white muscle shirt and a red bandana wrapped around his neck wearing roller-skates with a Freddie Mercury mustache... and slaps you with the back of his hand and shakes his head as he rolls away. What're you gonna do...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Did any of you actually listen to the speech - or just read what angry and biased people wrote about it? Watch the video on YouTube - it was not that bad at all. It was entirely calm and rational. He makes good points. Christianity is an outdated religion that serves no real purpose but to those who have blind faith. It is nothing but simple answers for simple people. It was written thousands of years ago on the other side of the planet, which was believed to be flat, and spoke to the social politics of a totally different time and place. We are living in the SECOND DECADE of the 21st CENTURY. Let's make progress and stop living in the past. Open up a little - or at least wait for the Second Coming of Christ. I'm sure even He would say it's okay to be gay - but the lost flock will not know this until an authority figure tells them...

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54   >>

join