It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Not only are there Christians in space, THERE'S JEWS!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Oh man! Do me sideways, I did not know this existed, I am now teary eyed ans gasping for breath....Just Epic.

But I do feel the OCD induced need to ask.....Messianic, Zionist, or Orthodox?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

I don't understand the difference between them.

But you've really never heard of Mel Brooks History Or The World Part Two?

It's a classic comedy.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

He used two b words just off the top of my memory. You don't need to repost the video as we have all seen it and seen his use of language to bully people into submission to his ideology. He cares about one thing and you know what it is.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

You are right I was thinking of the national debt!!!!!!!

RIght it's 2.1 billion Christians.

www.adherents.com...

And you are still coming from a point of view that 2.1 billion Christians should be taking advice on behavior from your sage opinions, which I have a feeling are rooted in something more specific rather than an overal picture. Either that, or like Dan, you are using it as a springboard....hmmmm?
edit on 9-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

That does NOT answer my questions.

And no, cursing, saying something is bs, does not make him a bully.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

That does NOT answer my questions.

And no, cursing, saying something is bs, does not make him a bully.

Most of your post was diatribe and inaccurate. Two teens? Lol it was quite a few more than that.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

They did base the government on Christian rule.

That is truly hilarious how little research you've done about this. Part of the reason the United States was created was to get out from under the thumb of the Church of England which was tied to the Government of England. Even England no longer forces the Church on their people. Christianity is Feudalism. Jesus claimed to be a 'Lord' and was called a 'King of Kings' - those titles have no place in the U.S. Government.

...so we can do no wrong, and can do anything we want to.

Attempt to do so at your peril. I believe the term is 'Suicide by Cop'.

I don't understand why anybody doesn't want to go to heaven and serve and obey God.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope you're a woman. Because if not, I've got some really bad news for you. It's the reason why Catholic Priests are molesting little boys. And the incredible irony of you hating homosexuals would be awesome.

Please, give me something to LMAO about.
edit on 9-5-2012 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Did nobody ever tell you to not wave a red flag at a Buu..........B....BBB......bbbbb.......bbbbbb .......BBBuuuuuuuu..... Aw Crap, I just can't say it, it is too horrible a word to say......

And you are still coming from a point of view that 2.1 billion Christians should be taking advice on behavior from your sage opinions, which I have a feeling are rooted in something more specific rather than an overal picture. Either that, or like Dan, you are using it as a springboard....hmmmm?

Do tell, what ever do you think that "something" more specific might be wise one? And you are calling me the sage?

It might surprise you, but I am not alone, there are many that try to follow Christ's teaching that are sick of the noisy pseudo-"christians" giving the general public a bad impression of what Christ's teaching were, as these pseudo "christians" hardly follow those teachings.

ETA:I went to add a thought, and ended up adding a whole hoard of info, my bad, may re-edit and make it a new post.

There are, as you suggest, in the region of 2.1 billion Christians in this World, but let's look at north America, The Us to be specific, as that is where the "Christians" are claiming they are under attack.

The Current US population, ---------------------------------------------------------------------------->= 311,591,917 (approx.)
77% of Americans polled identified themselves as Christians (2009) ------------------>= 239,925,776
About 62% of those polled claim to be members of a church congregation---------->= 193,186,988

This last one is interesting because a 2006 Gallop poll showed that 41%(127,752,686) to 42%(130,868,605) of Americans attend Church Weekly, but ReligiousTolerance.org states that the true figures are only 21%(65,434,302) of Americans Attend Church at least once a week.

So if 62% of Americans claim to be members of a church congregation, yet figures show that between one third and two thirds do not attend church at least weekly, what does that mean?

The Baylor University Institute for Studies
of Religion conducted a survey covering
various aspects of American religious life.

* 19 percent of American Christians are described by 239,925,776 x 0.19 = 45,585,897
the researchers as Active Christians. They believe salvation
comes through Jesus Christ, attend church regularly, are
Bible readers, invest in personal faith development through
their church, accept leadership positions in their church, and
believe they are obligated to "share [their] faith", that is, to
evangelize others.

* 20 percent are referred to as Professing Christians. 239,925,776 x 0.20 = 47,985,155
They also are committed to "accepting Christ as Savior and
Lord" as the key to being a Christian, but focus more on
personal relationships with God and Jesus than on church,
Bible reading or evangelizing.

* 16 percent fall into a category named Liturgical 239,925,776 x 0.16 = 38,388,124
Christians. They are predominantly Lutheran, Roman Catholic,
Episcopalian, or Orthodox. They are regular churchgoers, have
a high level of spiritual activity and recognize the authority of
the church.

* 24 percent are considered Private Christians. They 239,925,776 x 0.24 = 57,582,186
own a Bible but don't tend to read it. Only about one-third attend
church at all. They believe in God and in doing good things,
but not necessarily within a church context. This was the
largest and youngest segment. Almost none are church leaders.

* 21 percent in the research are called Cultural 239,995,776 x .0.21 = 50,399,113
Christians. These do not view Jesus as essential to salvation.
They exhibit little outward religious behavior or attitudes. They
favor a universality theology that sees many ways to God. Yet,
they clearly consider themselves to be Christians. Sum of above totals = 239,940,495
With a 40,000 ovarage, it is safe to assume there would be a little overlap between a couple of these groups, namely, Liturgical, with other groups.
Bold words are my addition to the External Text for emphasis.

Source(s)

Looks a lot like not all Christians, pretend or otherwise, are made exactly alike.
edit on 5/9/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/9/2012 by RyanFromCan because: Forgot to add source(s)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

Did nobody ever tell you to not wave a red flag at a Buu..........B....BBB......bbbbb.......bbbbbb .......BBBuuuuuuuu..... Aw Crap, I just can't say it, it is too horrible a word to say......

OMG! Is he going to get mad at me? On the Interwebs?!? Oh noes!

Were you trying to say: "don't wave a red flag at a bullsh!tter?'

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
He told Christians what was in their bibles, and they walked away. Talk about denial. If you don't like what's in it, don't be apart of the religion, simply as that.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

In other words, more how dare I be right about Christians. Christians are special people who can do no wrong.

Just more of the deflect, deny and downplay tactics of Christians. You can never have an honest discussion with them.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
WTF?!?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I have seen nothing but diatribes coming from you about other Christians whom you deem to be beneath you in understanding of scripture and the religion. Pretty snobby if you ask me. I am going to be observing your reactions in other threads to see the overall picture of your world-view. It will be interesting to see if you support the coming NWO or if you struggle against it, as many Christians believe in Revelation and feel that something dire is coming. Many non-Christians here also feel dire things coming.
To you I say, I hope that you see the bigger picture in Armageddon.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

In other words, more how dare I be right about Christians. Christians are special people who can do no wrong.

Just more of the deflect, deny and downplay tactics of Christians. You can never have an honest discussion with them.

Why do you keep using the word "Special" with regard to Christians. Isn't that word used for something else these days?
Did you confuse that word with the term "Chosen" which is for the jews not the gentiles. Remember, although Christianity split off from Judaism, it is Judaism which claims the "chosen" status. I am thinking that the only thing you know about Christianity is what you heard a bunch of atheist Progressive Christian haters say in the public arena. I wouldn't take anything you say about it seriously.
But I entreat you to learn something from valid sources instead of just following the current trend in group think.
Perhaps you could read some writings of true Christian mystics, such as St. John of the Cross. He authored "The Dark Night", which explains what the Church refers to as "the dark night of the soul", and the "dark night of the Spirit".

1. At the time of the aridities of this sensory night, God makes the exchange we mentioned1 by withdrawing the soul from the life of the senses and placing it in that of spirit - that is, he brings it from meditation to contemplation - where the soul no longer has the power to work or meditate with its faculties on the things of God. Spiritual persons suffer considerable affliction in this night, owing not so much to the aridities they undergo as to their fear of having gone astray. Since they do not find any support or satisfaction in good things, they believe there will be no more spiritual blessings for them and that God has abandoned them. They then grow weary and strive, as was their custom, to concentrate their faculties with some satisfaction on a subject of meditation, and they think that if they do not do this and do not feel that they are at work, they are doing nothing. This effort of theirs is accompanied by an interior reluctance and repugnance on the part of the soul, for it would be pleased to dwell in that quietude and idleness without working with the faculties.

2. If there is no one to understand these persons, they either turn back and abandon the road or lose courage, or at least they hinder their own progress because of their excessive diligence in treading the path of discursive meditation. They fatigue and overwork themselves, thinking that they are failing because of their negligence or sins. Meditation is now useless for them because God is conducting them along another road, which is contemplation and is very different from the first, for the one road belongs to discursive meditation and the other is beyond the range of the imagination and discursive reflection.

www.catholictreasury.info...

Something tells me you would rather continue to do what you have been doing here though.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Ryan, what do you think of the writings of St. John of the Cross? What do you think of other of the great Christian mystics? Have you read any of their writiings? What do you think of St. Francis and Clare?

It seems to me you are more in involved in judging Christians than in being one.

But they are not lasting, as they will be in the night that is to come. For after enduring the short period or periods of time, or even days, in this night and tempest, the soul immediately returns to its customary serenity. Thus God purges some individuals who are not destined to ascend to so lofty a degree of love as are others. He brings them into this night of contemplation and spiritual purgation at intervals, frequently causing the night to come and then the dawn so that David's affirmation might be fulfilled: He sends his crystal (contemplation) like morsels [Ps. 147:17]. These morsels of dark contemplation, though, are never as intense as is that frightful night of contemplation we are about to describe, in which God places the soul purposely in order to bring it to divine union.

www.catholictreasury.info...

Here is a little history of St. Catherine of Siena

In the meanwhile the Great Schism had broken out in the Church. From the outset Catherine enthusiastically adhered to the Roman claimant, Urban VI, who in November, 1378, summoned her to Rome. In the Eternal City she spent what remained of her life, working strenuously for the reformation of the Church, serving the destitute and afflicted, and dispatching eloquent letters in behalf of Urban to high and low in all directions. Her strength was rapidly being consumed; she besought her Divine Bridegroom to let her bear the punishment for all the sins of the world, and to receive the sacrifice of her body for the unity and renovation of the Church; at last it seemed to her that the Bark of Peter was laid upon her shoulders, and that it was crushing her to death with its weight. After a prolonged and mysterious agony of three months, endured by her with supreme exultation and delight, from Sexagesima Sunday until the Sunday before the Ascension, she died. Her last political work, accomplished practically from her death-bed, was the reconciliation of Pope Urban VI with the Roman Republic (1380).

www.newadvent.org...

Here is a sample of her writing of "The Dialogue of St. Catherine of Siena"

The soul, who is lifted by a very great and yearning desire for the honor of God and
the salvation of souls, begins by exercising herself, for a certain space of time, in the
ordinary virtues, remaining in the cell of self-knowledge, in order to know better
the goodness of God towards her. This she does because knowledge must precede
love, and only when she has attained love, can she strive to follow and to clothe
herself with the truth. But, in no way, does the creature receive such a taste of the
truth, or so brilliant a light therefrom, as by means of humble and continuous
prayer, founded on knowledge of herself and of God; because prayer, exercising her
in the above way, unites with God the soul that follows the footprints of Christ
Crucified, and thus, by desire and affection, and union of love, makes her another
Himself. Christ would seem to have meant this, when He said: To him who will
love Me and will observe My commandment, will I manifest Myself; and he shall be
one thing with Me and I with him.

www.catholicplanet.com...

At this juncture, I wish you well with your pursuit of the Divine.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Christians are special people who can do no wrong.

Actually, NO,

Christians believe they are sinners saved by Grace.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

How about a discussion of the Essene community, of which Jesus is said to have lived in. Knwoing that the Essenes are one of three sects at that time, and conflicting with the Pharisees and Sadducees, is it any wonder that Jesus admonished the Sadducees and Pharisees and that they ended up sending him to his death?

One of three leading Jewish sects mentioned by Josephus as flourishing in the second century B.C., the others being the Pharisees and the Sadducees.

Among the virtues the Essenes cultivated especially obedience, truthfulness, continence, justice, and temperance; they paid great attention to the sick, respect to the aged, and showed marked kindness and hospitality to strangers. All men were regarded as equal, and slavery was regarded as contrary to nature. Those guilty of great crimes were punished by long exclusion or complete excommunication which, since they were not allowed to eat anything prepared by outsiders, entailed always great hardship and often death. Philosophy was rejected as useless and beyomd man's capacity, but ethics was studied with zeal. They searched for medicinal remedies in nature, as they devoted special care to the sick irrespective of creed, and investigated the properties www.newadvent.org... minerals. They laid claim to magical powers and ability to predict.

From the Essene Community

Jesus opposed stringent interpretations of Jewish law, and preached a more flexible understanding of the law. His teachings show an inclination to following a teleological approach, in which the spirit of the law is more important than the letter of the law, and the Gospels record him as having many disagreements with the Pharisees.

Although the interpretations of the law by the Sadducees were in most cases much stricter than Pharisee interpretations of the law, and the Sadducees were the dominant authority at that time, yet the Gospels record no sign of Jesus having much disagreement with their views (although it was, according to the Gospels, the priests – aligned with the Sadducees – who ultimately arrested Jesus). A few modern scholars thus believe that Jesus may have been an Essene (a sect with whom he shared many views); and that later Christian transcribers cast him as an enemy of the Pharisees, because when Christians and Jews came into conflict in later years the Pharisees had become the dominant sect of Judaism. This view receives some support in Acts of the Apostles, because Jesus' apostles were generally attacked by Sadducees but were sometimes protected by Pharisee liberal interpretations of Jewish law.

In his role as a social reformer Jesus threatened the status quo. He was unpopular with many Jewish religious authorities. According to the Gospels, this was because he criticised them, and, moreover, because some of Jesus' followers held the controversial and inflammatory view that he was "The Messiah". It is not clear from strict analysis of the original Gospel texts that Jesus made this claim about himself, but he did not deny it. Neither is it wholly clear to scholars that when Jesus spoke of being "Son of God" he meant this to be taken literally as Christians believe, rather than metaphorically in the sense that we are all children of God. Scholars currently suggest that whether Jesus claimed to be a political rebel or not, Jewish authorities would very likely have feared that his activities would provoke a riot in Jerusalem – something Roman authorities absolutely forbade.

www.essene.com...

Which of the 3 sects do you most identify with?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hey, I am ALL for gay marriage, but I am not Anti-Christian. What a ridiculous way to spread a message. There is no need for hatred of any kind, from Christianity or towards it. I don't know why people can not just love and accept. It really isn't that f**king hard.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I have seen nothing but diatribes coming from you about other Christians whom you deem to be beneath you in understanding of scripture and the religion. Pretty snobby if you ask me. I am going to be observing your reactions in other threads to see the overall picture of your world-view. It will be interesting to see if you support the coming NWO or if you struggle against it, as many Christians believe in Revelation and feel that something dire is coming. Many non-Christians here also feel dire things coming.
To you I say, I hope that you see the bigger picture in Armageddon.

Beneath me, no, obviously not living by Jesus' teachings, yes, Christians are called Christians for a reason, because they follow the teaching of Christ, and believe he is their salvation. Anyone who PURPOSELY perverts Christ's teaching, and PURPOSELY does not live by his teachings is not really a Christian, no matter how much they like to call themselves that, because being a Christian means, in it's very nature, living by Christ's teachings.

I could not care less if you "observe" (what a sad attempt at a veiled threat) what I have to say, and no doubt you will try to spin it and turn it into something it is not, all the while trying to put words into people's mouths, that is what you do right?

Lets see, you have accused my of "working for the Rothschilds", and being satanic, when you found out I was a Salvationist, you have tried to spin this (as you do everything it appears) into some kind of commie, big red bear, marxist plot. You have flat out accused me of trying to pervert young minds, while not saying two words to the people who were trying to accuse me of being a pedophile simply because I was a church youth group leader. you have tried constantly to put words I did not say, and spin what I did say, desperately trying to make me look bad.

I really am not terribly worried what you think about me personally, but you put it down in writing, and I will defend myself, you slander me, I will defend myself, you try to pass dis-info, and I will call it out.

Observe away Mr. ThirdEye, but get some contacts first, so you can see clearly. (I don't think they make glasses with 3 lenses, sorry)

ETA: I forgot to mention that you also tried to say that I could not be a Christian, because I was a Liberal.
edit on 5/9/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55 >>

join