It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Oh my god, get over it. He was making a point about how there's things in the bible that used to socially acceptable but aren't any longer, such as slavery and stoning women to death for not being virgins on their wedding nights but somehow it's still okay to treat homosexuals badly, differently, as less. People got offended and walked out. That's not bullying. I guess the truth hurts.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by smyleegrl

Here we have a 47 year old man attacking teenagers at a high school.

Why doesn't he pick on someone his own age?

- Dan Savage - Wiki

I agree. I can't believe the administration let him do it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by smyleegrl

Here we have a 47 year old man attacking teenagers at a high school.

Why doesn't he pick on someone his own age?

- Dan Savage - Wiki

I agree. I can't believe the administration let him do it.

We need to keep our eye on this guy.

Christian bully masquerading as an Anti - Bullying speaker?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

Thats what I saw happening. I also saw many of those kids smiling as they left, they probably felt pretty good about themselves for not tolerating even a minute of someone pointing out glaring flaws in their righteous book of love and peace.

It is total hypocrisy when an organized religion has members who's duty it is to go out and "save" people, yet their eyes and ears close to any sign that reveals that there are areas that they themselves need "saving" from.

Why does nobody even address the points he was making. I dont know of this Dan Savage, first time Ive heard him talk, in this instance he is trying to do Christianity a favor by pointing out something very flawed within their own belief system. Something that they should self censor just like all the other sanctioned stonings, slavery, murder, and rape. When you walk away as soon as someone points out a flaw in your thought process it strongly suggests guilt or error on your part.

I for one am glad that this has come out into the light, and christians protesting this may have shot themselves in the foot by bringing more attention to this issue, which will now get everyone talking about what christianities true agenda is. Inequality.

Seriously, calling someone a "pansy ass" is pretty light, high schoolers call eachother far worse every hour of every day, and is it really more disturbing than telling someone that they're going to Hell? In fact Im sure thats the exact reflexive response to Dans words, "Go to Hell." Not, "we'll listen to what he has to say and see what merit it may contain."

So when someone comes to a christian and explains to them that there are flaws in what they believe, will they react any better than the unindoctrinated who is confronted by a christian trying to "save" them?

Dan has some very good points that need to be addressed before christians even have grounds to stand on in this debate.
If you culturally have agreed that there are things in the bible to be cherry picked then extend this to make all equal under your religion, otherwise your organization is a sham, and you are a fool helping to keep humanity in the dark ages, and that is the greatest Sin of all.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Climax

Dan Savage is a disgrace.

There is no way to spin it.

Only a 47 year old bully would attack teenagers with name calling.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Regardless of what each of our opinions may be (and they will obviously differ), the moral of the story is when you are the spokesman for a cause, you need to be above reproach in your behavior.

This man was nothing of the sort. If you are for or against the students that walked out, he still should not have resorted to insulting them (even if you considered it not that bad). If you are a figurehead for an anti-bullying campaign, you should not do such things yourself.

You should be a model of what your campaign is.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You mean the "attack" on people that weren't even there anymore, come on now. Although he maybe shouldn't have done it, he was right, they were pansies for walking out upon hearing a simple truth.

Btw, is that guy 47 years old?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well they managed to bungle and destroy the very essence of what bullying is with this. Political propaganda targetted at anti gay bullying, which certainly IS BULLYING, but most Christians who are trying to follow Christ, don't bully anyone.

So it wasn't an anti BULLYING talk, it was an anti GAY talk. And instead of coming up with ways to help bullies, they turned it into anti Christianity.

But of course they don't want to address the real solutions to bullying including anti gay bullying for they'd have to step down, the corporate pyramid structures must be overturned.

Bullying happens when a child is bullied, and endures abuse, then develops very low self esteem. Usually this child is not in touch with their core, and doesnt seek hard, doesn't weight the outer hurts and corruptions against their inner knowing and connection to Source, so they just end up very damaged, with their cores trampled, and have such low self esteem.

The ending to all trauma is social justice, equality, a wonderful healing, open, advanced world where money isnt an issue and probably doestn exist. A level one civilization.

Fairness, Goodness, Real help for people in need.

That is the end to alot of other crimes too.

The only highly alert aware type bullies are probably MKultra agents on assignment.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Isn't bullying attacking people for who, or what they are?

What he did was call them out on their actions. It's a different thing imo.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Epitome of the tolerance movement. "be tolerant or else"

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
How about if everyone just agreed to live and let live? How about if no one forced their agendas onto people who don't agree with them? How about if we worked towards loving each individual? How about if we stopped trying to force our own degrees of morality onto unwilling fellow citizens? Either we learn to live together in liberty, or we will be forced to segregate into groups and live in perceived safety apart from each other.

Why is the concept of liberty so hard for some people?

There is a fine line between liberty and safety. Remember, every time you opt for more safety, you give up a little bit more of your liberty.

How about if we all agreed to respect each others rights to live as we please, AND we also respect each others rights to our own code of morality? You cannot legislate morality folks.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You mean the "attack" on people that weren't even there anymore, come on now. Although he maybe shouldn't have done it, he was right, they were pansies for walking out upon hearing a simple truth.

Btw, is that guy 47 years old?

He is on Wikipedia.

- Dan Savage -

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Well after watching the video, the only logical explanation I can come up with is they were very offended by the derogatory comment directed at shellfish.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Dude, Dan wasnt bashing the students, he was bashing the idea that in the bible (you know what the bible is right?) it tells how and when its righteous to commit atrocities!
Dan was pointing out how many of these "holy regulations" are not taken literally or seriously anymore and thats a good thing, because they are recognized now as evil, truely truely evil acts condoned by the holy bible, which is obviously flawed, so so obvious.

I cant believe a single female walked out on the idea that it is wrong to stone them to death if their husband accuses them of not being a vigin on the wedding night. Do these poor girls really believe thats what holiness is about?

Seriously christians, you need to get your # together cause the more you talk and the less you listen, the deeper down the hole you sink.
Address these issues, make reformation, equality is required for all who wish to be members, there are ALOT of homosexuals who want to follow the word or your Christ, they are some of the most loving people on the planet and a natural ally to the cause of LOVE, what is your beef? Any male should be thrilled to have other males taken out of the mate race, especially today, homosexuals are the solution to overpopulation.

Christianity from what I see here is more about hate than love, admit it, if a single homosexual got into Heaven it would be ruined for you, am I right or wrong?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
This government-wide anti-bullying campaign has a hidden agenda.

To silence, supress freedom of thought, of expression excluding the more politically correct ideologies.

Yes, and have you read the proposal by Nancy Pelosi to change the 1st Amendment?

She is throwing a hissy fit over the SuperPacs.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Climax
reply to post by Chance321

Dude, Dan wasnt bashing the students, he was bashing the idea that in the bible (you know what the bible is right?) it tells how and when its righteous to commit atrocities!
Dan was pointing out how many of these "holy regulations" are not taken literally or seriously anymore and thats a good thing, because they are recognized now as evil, truely truely evil acts condoned by the holy bible, which is obviously flawed, so so obvious.

I cant believe a single female walked out on the idea that it is wrong to stone them to death if their husband accuses them of not being a vigin on the wedding night. Do these poor girls really believe thats what holiness is about?

Seriously christians, you need to get your # together cause the more you talk and the less you listen, the deeper down the hole you sink.
Address these issues, make reformation, equality is required for all who wish to be members, there are ALOT of homosexuals who want to follow the word or your Christ, they are some of the most loving people on the planet and a natural ally to the cause of LOVE, what is your beef? Any male should be thrilled to have other males taken out of the mate race, especially today, homosexuals are the solution to overpopulation.

Christianity from what I see here is more about hate than love, admit it, if a single homosexual got into Heaven it would be ruined for you, am I right or wrong?

This is all very easy to decode.

The whole hollywood gang - loves - to attack the Christians.

Christians are - against - gay marriage and abortion.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
I've personally experienced extreme psychological abuse from Christians, over a span of years. It genuinely does happen. As a group, they are often in a permanent state of being literally berserk with fear, and they can take that out on virtually anyone they come across.

With that said, I do not advocate attacking them. I'm aware that in purely human terms, it can be extremely tempting to do so at times, but we need to rise above that.

The most effective form of revenge that anyone can take against Christians, for their abusive behaviour, is to be a more consistent and effective emulator of the behaviour of the man they claim to follow, than they themselves are.

I'm sorry you were attacked. The people who attacked you are not true Christians in my opinion. I firmly believe Christ is about love, not hate. To be tolerant towards others, even if you disagree with their beliefs. Unfortunately, just like muslims, we have our radicals.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

"Sh!t talk you".... who? Who specifically was being directly insulted intentionally by the speaker?

The speaker was talking about the bible, the complaint was more focused at the authors of the bible who wrote of terrible things that are to be followed by believers.

Its like they dont believe the things that are said in the very thing they worship, nevermind they arent supposed to be giving that much worship to a book, a book that they themsevles are selectivly loyal to contradictory passages.

Do you see how deranged this is?

So are you supposed to love everyone, even your enemies, or arent you?
Is it for you to judge, or is it for your God?
Your problems dont come from anywhere else other than from within your own thoughts and belief.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I don't care who he insulted, but the minute he started cursing and insulting anyone, the principal should have stopped him. Period.

It baffles me that a motivational speaker with a student audience would use such foul language and insult anyone. It's almost as if he were drunk.

If my child had been subjected to this, I'd be furious and someone would have a lot of explaining to do.

i guess it's alright if your son was called a "f-in" faggot by christians, or beat up, or tied to a barb-wired fence and left to die...those things have happened...but woah!! don't insult the christian faith, that would make you furious.

Those things were NOT done by Christians. They were done by men with evil in their hearts. It was shameful, and a disgrace. Just like the Westboro "church" of today. Christians who preach hate, are not Christ-like.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Climax
reply to post by graphuto

"Sh!t talk you".... who? Who specifically was being directly insulted intentionally by the speaker?

The speaker was talking about the bible, the complaint was more focused at the authors of the bible who wrote of terrible things that are to be followed by believers.

Its like they dont believe the things that are said in the very thing they worship, nevermind they arent supposed to be giving that much worship to a book, a book that they themsevles are selectivly loyal to contradictory passages.

Do you see how deranged this is?

So are you supposed to love everyone, even your enemies, or arent you?
Is it for you to judge, or is it for your God?
Your problems dont come from anywhere else other than from within your own thoughts and belief.

Either way, no one has to listen to anything they don't want to.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join