It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Funny you should say that.

The only constant throughout history is that the christians have been the prosecutors.

How I live my life? I'm not gay, I just hate intolerance, hypocrisy and stupidity.

Bullying you, lady please, it's not you I'm after, it's your statements.

edit on 29-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

Actually the early days of Christianity, yes they were persecuted.
en.wikipedia.org...

and in many countries today there is much persecution of Christians.

Perhaps the gravest under-publicized atrocity in the world is the persecution of Christians. A comprehensive Pew Forum study last year found that Christians are persecuted in 131 countries containing 70 percent of the world’s population, out of 197 countries in the world (if Palestine, Taiwan, South Sudan, and the Vatican are included). Best estimates are that about 200 million Christians are in communities where they are persecuted. There is not the slightest question of the scale and barbarity of this persecution, and a little of it is adequately publicized. But this highlights the second half of the atrocity: the passivity and blasé indifference of most of the West’s media and governments.
www.nationalreview.com...
It is not generally appreciated that over 100,000 Christians a year are murdered because of their faith.

I haven't made any statements that merit attacks.

Then I suggest that you head out and fight for gay Christian equality in those countries where they do not have the same rights as the other members of their society. Those poor gays Christians being murdered for their lifestyle and choice in who the love.
edit on 4/29/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

The comparison was of said holy book, not of extremists. Moderates also do not like being harassed and bullied. You are the one who imagined a retaliation of an extreme sort. I imagined a reaction of walking out. Or they may throw a shoe at him.

The comparison was of said hypocrisy in applying certain parts of the Holy Book with unequal zeal and fervor than other parts of said book, not the book itself, but of how people use it as a tool for abuse and hate. I would be considered by you to be one of those "moderate" christians, and yet, I do not find myself offended, feeling harassed, or bullied, in fact, I agree with the points Mr. Savage made entirely. Please don't let your idealism and narrow views speak for me or on my behalf.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I have experienced it, that is, that gay bashing by pseudo-"christians", not because I was or am gay, but because I was with a few gay friends, and went to the club with them as I would any of my strait friends. The pseudo-"christians" did not differentiate between me and the "fags" I was with, we were all evil. This has happened to me a few times, and I found myself greatly embarrassed to be a Christian at the time, and apologizing to my friends for those who did not represent real Christian values. I have no way to qualify it, but you would (yes, you) only have to do very little research to confirm what I have experienced. I am sure, many Muslims have experienced the same thing as those who have been identified as "fags" by the pseudo-"christains". The list of segments of society that have been identified as "dangers" to their "belief system" are numerous.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Please do not let your sense of pride in your personal ideals let you believe you are a better Christian than others.

I recommend studying the life of the Saints, for instance St. Catherine of Siena, or St. John of the Cross.

www.catholicplanet.com...

www.catholictreasury.info...
edit on 29-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Climax

Originally posted by Wonders

Originally posted by Climax

reply to post by Stormdancer777

I am real in here.

Peacemaker? I am not at war, I'm in a discussion, just like you guys.

Thats not how they see it. You hear it all the time now, "The War on Christianity"
Another poster summed it up nicely early on in the thread, but Christians are whipping themselves into a frenzy, believing that there is a "War" on against them.

bing.com
war

1.armed fighting between groups: a period of hostile relations between countries, states, or factions that leads to fighting between armed forces, especially in land, air, or sea battles
2.period of armed fighting: a period of armed conflict between countries or groups
3.methods of warfare: the techniques or the study of the techniques of armed conflict

Synonyms: conflict, combat, warfare, fighting, confrontation, hostilities, battle

There is war in the world, justified or not. You seem to know a bit of the trade, intimidation is a tool, you use it well enough it just might work for your cause.

So you agree that it is rediculous to call it a war? There are no armed forces involved at all. It clearly states that being armed is a requirment for war.
Knowing how to read, it seems, isn't a requirment of being christian.
Why yes it does, it clearly states that being armed is a requirement for war. Ask a Marine how many different ways they have been trained to kill, and they may still come up short of possible ways to silence a person for good.
There is a war with words, of ideologies, as I said in a thread earlier, your words and ideologies are just as much a part of you as your trigger finger. This is why God holds us accountable for our words as well as our actions, because we are known by others through that which we say and do.
God's word is an offensive weapon, it hurts people's feelings, but in it's defense there is truth, righteousness, faith, peace and salvation.

Matthew 12:36 -And I tell you this, you must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak.

Matthew 12:37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

Ephesians 6:14-17 -Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

The bible speaks of a time where freedom of speech will be outlawed, Soldiers now are given the credit for fighting for our freedom of speech, in reality we each fight our own battle to say and believe that which we do.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Please do not let your sense of pride in your personal ideals let you believe you are a better Christian than others.

No it's more his applications of Christian values that make him so, from what I've seen.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Dictating curriculum is not the same thing as screening presentations for possible foul language and such. But then I grew up when foul language was still considered rude. In the world of political correctness, why would a school faculty view such a presentation as appropriate? I gave a number of presentations for my degree in IT and not once did I think to myself, I think I will condemn a certain group of people and use foul language to get my point across.

If you think the language Mr. Savage used is foul to the extent it is not heard in the halls of the schools these young adults attend, or that language as "foul" if not worse is used by these young adults, the you have some mighty fine sensibilities and a very thin skin. I work with youth, and I can tell you, sometimes strong language is needed to get through the thickened heads of young adults. Mr. Savage (I say yet again) did not condemn a demographic or group of people, he condemned the selective use of the bible as a means to promote hate and abuse, and he did not use anything I, and many like me would consider foul.

Again, just more manufactured outrage. Attacking the messenger and his message because it makes you feel uncomfortable does not invalidate the message.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

No it's more his applications of Christian values that make him so, from what I've seen.

Then I will only refer you to the writings of St. John of the Cross and St. Catherine of Siena. Other than that I am done speaking with you both.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Oh please, it's obvious to anyone that isn't an extremest left winger what they did. They saw me disagreeing with them, labeled me as a rightwinger, and attacked away. Same as the right wingers do when I happen to disagree with something they stand for....

LOL, partisan much? For your information, I am a Centrist, with Left leaning social beliefs, and right leaning fiscal beliefs, and your point is still not obvious to many, say, other than yourself maybe?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I understand that you are crusading for a cause you believe in, and in doing so you are judging fellow Christians at face value. In fact you are judging me as well. Your cause is jumping on a political bandwagon in my view. For this reason, I am going back to such writings as St. John of the Cross for a deeper reference than a current political cause du jour.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

LOL, partisan much? For your information, I am a Centrist, with Left leaning social beliefs,

So left of center and you obviously believe that your cause du jour is the only valid one. No wonder you are upset at my poking around in exposing Marxist infiltration in the church. You are right smack dab in the middle of the ideological subversion. I am not surprised by your crusade and insistence that your fellow Christians are in error.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Cherry picking from books and academic papers on peoples opinions of other peoples opinions does not constitute an argument any more than cherry picking from the bible to support hate and abuse constitutes Christian belief.

Anybody who really tries to follow the Bible would do so with a social conscience, remember "I am my brother's keeper"

Have you ever stopped to think that Marx was writing about "popular" christianity as it had been perverted, not people who tried to live within Christ's teachings? Probably not. You are so blinded by your pathological hate for anything you consider "communist" that you cannot see the forest for the trees, and that is so sad really, you are obviously very bright.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

So they can walk out as long as the point at which they walk out, or the reason they walk out is approved by you? So walking out is an example to you of hate ? I will try and remember that next time someone begins pummeling me with abusive language.

That is not what I wrote, and you know that, the fact they walked out and missed an opportunity to learn is sad, but that was their right, but that does not mean how and when it happened was not telling of their reasons and agenda. I never said them walking out was an example of hate, thought it is an example of intolerance. There was no abusive language, so if you want to walk out of anything in a snit of manufactured outrage, that is your right, but it will still be very telling about the type of person you are.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler

Originally posted by Clearskies

Maybe some were running (actually walking...) from his bullying, because they weren't hardcore Christians and might've hurt the guy accidentally or on purpose?

Does anyone actually remember being in high school? I'm guessing the majority left because to them it was a stupid presentation and they were bored, and once they saw a couple people leave, they had an excuse to walk out.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

Yes, you are right on so many levels.

And to think it was so obvious, their disgust that is, did you see the looks of horror and disgust on their faces as they left?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I do not even see why you guys are even trying to argue with HIM anymore. I do not call him a troll for the reason he thinks though.It is not to insult him either just to describe the actions and tone of his speech. I call it as such because he says things that are directly aimed at angering or insulting in the guise of debating so he can skirt the T &C rules. Personally i find it rather sad that the fella cannot do anything but disagree with anyone who does not whip themselves in repentance of the sins of people who are not who they say they are. Not to mention insulting everyone who even talks to him that has said they are christian unless they bow and kiss his butt. I do not kiss anyones butt let alone a intellectual bully who gets his rocks off condeming people for having a beleief in something other than themselves.

I would not be surprised he is a paid schill for Mr savage and his cronies. I do not see why any sane person would want Mr Savage to speak anywhere due to his intolerance of people who are not just like him. We are Our brothers keeper,BUT only to a point. I will not apologize for Someone who did something to another person and i was not involved in the problem. If you apologize to someone for something you did not do you are being hypocritical.

edit on 29-4-2012 by yuppa because: Him is supposed to be RANDOM ESOTORIC SCREEN NAME since someone cant comprehend who I mean.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yes the first person did walk out right away. It took longer for the rest you know. But so what? I would like to know just how many rocks you expect me to allow you to throw at my head before I leave?

And oh please please leave off the personal discussions of ladies. It is exactly this which I am making the decision to ignore further posts by you as it is only more ridiculous attempts to justify Savage's approach.

Your post was totally tacky and so was Savage.

And it is exactly the selective use of the Bible as you point out about me bringing up "And oh please please leave off the personal discussions of ladies." that is hypocritical. If you see it as fine to condemn homosexuals for what they do in their bedroom, because you find it distasteful and offensive, then I will bring up that other chapter and verse in the bible, a few lines away, that points out women on their period are to not go out in public. if you can't see your own hypocrisy, then I have no issues with you wasting my time no more.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

I do not even see why you guys are even trying to argue with HIM anymore. I do not call him a troll for the reason he thinks though.It is not to insult him either just to describe the actions and tone of his speech. I call it as such because he says things that are directly aimed at angering or insulting in the guise of debating so he can skirt the T &C rules.

Once again you make such an appeal because someone is obliterating your positions with logic and reason, and exposing the blatant hypocrisy.

It only shows your complete inadequacy to counter his comments, and therefore you have to urge people to no longer engage in debate with him.

If it wasn't so pathetic I would laugh.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I can't say I blame the Guy. Christians are a pretty disgusting bunch.
Calling somebody intolerant because they dislike Christians is like; calling somebody intolerant because they dislike the KKK. Disliking a hate-group is not intolerance.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Thank you!

Someone gets it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I understand that you are crusading for a cause you believe in, and in doing so you are judging fellow Christians at face value. In fact you are judging me as well. Your cause is jumping on a political bandwagon in my view. For this reason, I am going back to such writings as St. John of the Cross for a deeper reference than a current political cause du jour.

I am not judging them, I am pointing out emphatically that their actions are incompatible with their supposed beliefs, and in that regard, they do not speak for me, and many others who believe as I do.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join