It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I never said christians were never prosecuted anywhere, I said that they have been prosecuting people throughout history, and still are.

I haven't made any statements that merit attacks.

I am not attacking anything, I'm responding to your statements.
edit on 29-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by RealSpoke

It was the complete inappropriateness of his approach, insulting Christians and bashing the bible at a school function. I thought we were supposed to be keeping religion out of the schools, but I guess it's ok when it's a gay martyr with a victim complex bashing Christians over the head with foul language. This presentation should have been pre-screened and never allowed in the door of a respectable school. But this is what has happened to our educational system.

What kind of school faculty allows this?
edit on 29-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

He was not bashing Christians, only taking to task pseudo-"christians", he was not bashing the Bible, only picking apart the inconsistencies, and pointing out the hypocrisy that many pseudo-"christians" display by selectively applying certain parts of the Bible fervently, while ignoring others. How much will it take for you to understand that one of the biggest sources of bullying and abuse for the gay community is the Bible being misused? As far as the language, clearly you have lost touch with reality if you think "Bull$#!7" and "pansy A$$" are things that would offend the virgin ears of young adults. The biggest failure in the education system is not in the permissibility of presentations like this where the students get a taste of the real world, but in the buckling under pressure of school boards to allow the radical right wing "christians" to dictate the curriculum in things like science, history, social studies, and other influenced subject matter.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

The comparison was of said holy book, not of extremists. Moderates also do not like being harassed and bullied. You are the one who imagined a retaliation of an extreme sort. I imagined a reaction of walking out. Or they may throw a shoe at him.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

I would really love you to prove that most of the bullying is coming from christians. I really would. Sounds like some made up nonesense to me. If you said the loudest bullying, that I could agree with. In CT, and NY, christians that chose to let themselves be known, were picked on way more than gay people that chose to let themselves be known.....

And it was usually brainless jocks that did most of the bullying to everyone. The real athletes were too busy training to be picking on people.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by pajoly

I rest my case. Here you are spraying hatred and bile at me for not agreeing with you. And making an ass of yourself assuming I am right wing. Have fun in you polarized hate filled existence. You are not even worth conversing with apparently.

You have a really corrupted sense of what hate is if you think his post was "spraying hatred", he countered your argument in a emphatic manner, nothing hateful about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Dictating curriculum is not the same thing as screening presentations for possible foul language and such. But then I grew up when foul language was still considered rude. In the world of political correctness, why would a school faculty view such a presentation as appropriate? I gave a number of presentations for my degree in IT and not once did I think to myself, I think I will condemn a certain group of people and use foul language to get my point across.

edit on 29-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: typo

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

So, you are saying that calling a religious holy book bs in no uncertain terms is not a bullying attack on said religion? Let's see you do that to the Quran and see what happens.

Hey, whats wrong with pointing out terrible and horrific atrocities that are in any text that is supposed to be followed. I guess its okay as long as its not communist right?

There are things within the scripture that need to be edited, its not unprecedented, look up Nicean Council and you'll have all the proof you need to see the bible is just a book written by men in power who wanted to keep power, and that is bad M'kay. Facts are facts, its a fact that all these holy books where written by men inspired by GREED. Churches are not needed, please tell me you remember that from the bible. These extravagent buildings are symbols of the greed of mankind and the religious oppression that has robbed so many cultures of their traditions.
The vatican has a treasure trove of riches from all around the world. When missionaries went into primitive cultures they would offer medicine and such in exchange for the people giving up their traditions, this meant giving up all the gold and relics that belong to their tradition, the world has been robbed and oppressed by BS that dictates this.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by tribaltrip
reply to post by Climax

Wow. You summed up this thread perfectly!

Some christians finally see a gay guy with some balls and an attitude

Er, no. The man was a patronising douchebag, putting it bluntly. Sure, Christians might really annoy me themselves, at times; but they'll get my support before I give it to some supercilious, patronising, limp wristed atheist any day of the week.

I love how the "limp wristed" comes into your comment, very telling......

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Ehm jeah, why not respond to this,

Bam , busted. This shows your blatant ignorance. This was the whole point. He said that if that part of the bible is not accepted, then why are the parts about homosexuality stillaccepted, that's what he said.

Cause you said this, which was completely false

Therefore they do not condone stoning women as Savage suggests.

Are you going to take responsibilty for that blatant lie, or piece of proof that you don't even know what he said?

Or are you just conveniently going to skip over that.

If you don't know what he said, why are you in this discussion again? Showing your ignorance? Good cause.

Btw, love what you said about another poster,

Did you ignore my post about the anathematizing of Origen? Or perhaps you overlooked it because it seemed to be of some other issue.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Oh please, it's obvious to anyone that isn't an extremest left winger what they did. They saw me disagreeing with them, labeled me as a rightwinger, and attacked away. Same as the right wingers do when I happen to disagree with something they stand for....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Climax

I know about the Nicean Council, thank you very much. Did you ignore my post about the anathematizing of Origen? Or perhaps you overlooked it because it seemed to be of some other issue.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Oh please, it's obvious to anyone that isn't an extremest left winger what they did. They saw me disagreeing with them, labeled me as a rightwinger, and attacked away. Same as the right wingers do when I happen to disagree with something they stand for....

Oh oh the irony.

It's hard to believe, so much irony.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I guess that can be understandable to me... assuming you have faith in the Lord?

those supposedly pretending to be christians which you refer to atleast confess their faith in front of their foes... that is admirable but don't you think one should rather educate them in a peaceful manner as to not look hypocritical?

Maybe you missed the posts where I said I was a Christian, maybe even the one where I mentioned that I was the youth group leader at my church? As far as educating the pseudo-"christians" sometimes, a smack up side the head is needed when someone refuses to listen in a rational manner to a rational discussion. That being said, Dan did not attack anyone in his speech, he pointed out the hypocrisy in how some use the Bible selectively as a tool of hate.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You are a beacon of light.

Much. much respect.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Yeah, lots of irony in this thread. People seem to think it's fine to bully certain people and not others. People seem to ignore bad behavior, as long as it comes from "their team". You cry foul when its the extreme right up there preaching their brand of hate, but cheer when it's the brand of hate you identify with. Oh, it's not hate when it comes from your team..... It's just the truth.

Yeah that's exactly what the right wingers claim too.
edit on Sun, 29 Apr 2012 17:16:19 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You are right about there being false Christians. Marxism has invaded the church in a most insidious way. Thank you for pointing out the infiltration of the church by groups who are not true. Marxism is the diabolical hatred of religion and the two are mutually exclusive.

Psychology over-emphasizes and makes all important man's flesh, and follows or supports the Transformational Marxist bent which wants to

Gotcher says the Mega Church movement cannot exist without the dialectic church. That is, Psychologized
Transformational Marxism invaded the American church a few decades
ago. Invading the church was a big part of the "long march through the
American institutions" by "non-violent" or transformational Marxism of
the Frankfurt School as well as from Antonio Gramsci.

But - a humanism which laid the foundation for Transformational Marxism and its
dialectic had before 1950, and the publication of Theodore Adorno's
The Authoritarian Personality, done some damage to faith in the truth
of Christ's Gospel.

northwye.blog.co.uk...

The reason we are relating this story is to reveal that, as early as 1938, there were over one thousand Communist agents ordained as Catholic priests or studying for the priesthood. They formed an efficient network of Anti-Priests whose main function was the infiltration, subversion and control of the Catholic press and Publishing Houses with the aid of Soviet money. New ideas were to be spread, a new religion was to be promoted. How well they have succeeded can be seen in a comparison of their avowed aims with the state of the Church since the Council. The reader will be able to judge for himself.

The six years of study completed, Mikolaj, now 20, was called to the office of the Uncle who told him point-blank: "I am going to send you abroad to become a militant atheist on the world scene. Your main duty will be to fight all religions, but the Catholic religion in particular because of its efficient structures. In order to achieve this you will enter a seminary and become a Catholic priest.

The Uncle gave him further instructions and reminders: "Persecution is useless; we don't want any martyrs as long as we are not in complete control of the West. Religion must be destroyed by dialectics. [Dialectic: The art or practice of examining statements logically as by question and answer.]

www.trosch.org...

Incidentally, we are told to beware of false Christs and false prophets. Every Christian knows that.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by Stormdancer777

As I quoted earlier in this thread:

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Gandhi

MsAphrodite, I must admit you have impressed upon me so much.

You are Truely a beacon of hope, and have to be one of the most enlightened beings here on ATS.

I have to give you credit.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I didn't see anyone from my"side"calling people douchebag, dumb, troll, buttface, meathead, from the top off my head.

Didn't see any christian condemn it. Except for one. I applauded him for it. The only true Christian here.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Still not taking responsibility for spreading this lie?

Therefore they do not condone stoning women as Savage suggests.

Shame on you. I thought spreading false info, in other words lying is a sin.

Repent.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Getting smaked by someone defending themselves does not make you a victim of anything but your own ignorance. A child that that stands up for themselves in school is not a bully, they are just no longer willing to be a victim. The same goes for Mr. Savage. I highly doubt he has ever struck a "christian", but has been the victim of such attacks himself from people masquerading as "christians". Dan Savage is not a bully, he is someone who stands up for himself and will not allow himself to be a victim again.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join