It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by intrptr

Sounds like you should see a shrink. Tell him about your paranoia, and the fact you think you can read people's minds.

In all seriousness, you sound like a tool. Broad brushing all those christians out there with the same color as those nutty guys out protesting funerals. I forget what they call themselves, but I am sure people know who I am talking about.

Actually, I think intrptr hit the nail pretty much squarely on the head when it comes to people masquerading as "christians". I have encountered many people who fit that definition myself, invariably at church or a church function, where they seem to assume that they are safe to express their radical, hateful views.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

The problem here in this thread that none of the people one one side have condemned the deplorable behavior of others on their side, wich makes them look all the same. Behavior that was worse than the original problem in the vid.

They also all seem to make a big problem of the vid in the OP when nothing really bad was said or done, this also makes them all look the same. and that's just in this thread, the same thing happens in real life.

So again, as long as they don't distance themselves from, or condemn the people that they call "fake", they will still look the same.

It is not based on an imaginairy belief, but on observation in this case. Although the phenomenon you lined out in your post definately exists.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

They walked away at the word "bible"

Thank goodness we still have a right to walk out of a bible-bashing lecture if we so choose. Under communist rule that might change. Don't take your liberties for granted.

Another unrelated BS statement, as if I was attacking the liberties of people. They have every right to walk away. Savage also has every right to criticise the bible, but in that case people are not talking about his rights.

No then it's only about what a douchebag he is.

The point is the intolerance for a well founded piece of criticism, even before hearing it. that is a disposition that makes people look intolerant and unreasonable.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

So, you are saying that calling a religious holy book bs in no uncertain terms is not a bullying attack on said religion? Let's see you do that to the Quran and see what happens.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I have heard that same spiel at least 2000 times, and I am not even a christian. You don't think he made that up do you? I would have walked out too, it's annoying to hear people preach, even atheists.

I don't give people frothing at the mouth like that the time of day, it's not worth it. Let them rant and rave to someone who wants to listen. If you are dense enough to think that it's only christians who bully gay people, I guess that's your problem.

You think christians don't have a reason to be proactive and defensive? You see how the extremist loudmouthed athiests treat them on the internet these days? They go out of their way to invade forums, forum sections meant for discussing religion, for nothing more than to ridicule people. Makes them feel superior or something. Judging from that one speech, I would have put him in that same box and ignored him as well. It's not worth getting angry over though, and they did the smart thing and simply left him to foam at the mouth to the cheering athiests.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

So, you are saying that calling a religious holy book bs in no uncertain terms is not a bullying attack on said religion? Let's see you do that to the Quran and see what happens.

If what was said was logical and the truth, which it was, you probably walked away so you didn't hear it, then no.

It is called telling the truth.

Cool to see that you draw the comparison with extremist muslims yourself.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Don't take your liberties for granted.

I agree

I watched the rise and fall of the third Reich last night, and in the end everyone loses.

It seems to me this is another us vs them, instead of everyone vs tyranny.

A house divided against itself cannot stand.

So it goes from me saying "they walked out at the word "bible", to "don't take your liberties for granted" to "third Reich".

It seems to me this is another us vs them, instead of everyone vs tyranny.

So the people that criticise christianity are dividing and making it us vs them. OK

So does the "everyone" include homosexuals?

And can, not allowing people to marry, not be considered "tyranny"?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

When I wonder why there is so much hate/intolerance for others, I watch this

It seems like through out history the bullies trade places, the persecuted becomes the persecutor, the slave becomes the master, one group always trying to suppress and intimidate the other group,

How can one having been persecuted themselves not feel empathy for others, instead they almost seem to want to keep the hate alive.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You ciriticized them for walking out, as if there was something which said they must stay and listen if they are offended. You obviously subscribe to the kind of political correctness which says a person must endure bullying and hatred as long as it's something you endorse.

This is exactly why I brought up communism and the persecution of religion by communists and atheists, because that is exactly what is going on here under the guise of "anti-bullying" and politically correct "tolerance". We know that atheist radicals are not the paragons of tolerance they preach. This is a classic case.
edit on 29-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

He called the hypocrytical segments BS, the fact that stoning women was not ok, but the hatred of homosexuality was not changed.

Again, if you walk away you don't know what was said.
edit on 29-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

You ciriticized them for walking out, as if there was something which said they must stay and listen if they are offended. You obviously subscribe to the kind of political correctness which says a person must endure bullying and hatred as long as it's something you endorse.

People said he was insulting them to which I responded that they already walked out on hearing bible.

This is exactly why I brought up communism and the persecution of religion by communists and atheists, because that is exactly what is going on here under the guise of "anti-bullying" and politically correct "tolerance". We know that atheist radicals are not the paragons of tolerance they preach. This is a classic case.

Oh the irony. Those pesky communists and atheists, muslims, homosexuals etc.

All out to get the christians. What did christians ever do to them........

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You don't seem to understand that I don't care how you live you life.

You are wasting all this time and energy on bullying me, and I am not the enemy.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Funny you should say that.

The only constant throughout history is that the christians have been the prosecutors.

How I live my life? I'm not gay, I just hate intolerance, hypocrisy and stupidity.

Bullying you, lady please, it's not you I'm after, it's your statements.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

As I quoted earlier in this thread:

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Gandhi

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

but the hatred of homosexuality was not changed.

I don't think it is as rampant as you think it is, do you think those kids that walked out hate homosexuals, or were they just offended by what they perceived as his hatred for Christians?

Perhaps they would have stayed and listened if he hadn't been so harsh.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
This is one of the most disturbing videos I have seen on ATS in a long time. I think we are in for a very evil time period ahead of us, where the far left liberals will be acting hypocritically and irrationally. This is a good example of how they can turn something like "Christian-bashing" into "anti-bullying" through rhetoric. I think that Christians should be respected for their belief system just as much as atheists.

Pure rhetoric, no doubt from a bat# crazy radical right wing "christian" no doubt. I am a Christian, and not at all far left wing, and that video sums up what many people who actually try to follow Christ's teaching feel. If anyone is acting in a hypocritical and irrational manner, it is the radical right wing "christians" who preach hate, and selectively use the Bible to promote abuse and bullying. The problem with the more thin skinned, insecure, and weak in faith radical right wing "christians" is they cannot stand someone challenging their abuse of the teachings of Christ, and try to make out that anyone that questions their hypocritical actions are somehow anti-christian. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Challenging the misled abuse of the Bible to promate hate and abuse IS taking an anti-bullying stance.

I will respect right wing radical nut job "christians" and their "belief system" when they shut up and stop trying to ram their anti-real-christian values down everyone's throats.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

As I quoted earlier in this thread:

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Gandhi

aint that the truth.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Sure they heard what was being said. It took them all but a couple minutes to know where he was coming from.
But in case you didn't know it, Christinity does not believe in stoning women either, as Jesus confronted people attacking a woman and said let whoever has not sinned cast the first stone. This is a basic teaching and those kids know it. Therefore they do not condone stoning women. I'm certain they do not support stoning of Gays either, but they may still view it as immoral. Someone mentioned the OT in relation to the practice of stoning, and the teachings of Christ shed knowledge on the fact that everyone has sinned at one time or another and he did not condemn the woman, BUT he said "Go and sin no more".
As to the idea of sleeping around before marriage, modern Christians still appreciate the value of saving oneself for marriage, but modern laws do not recognize stoning as an appropriate discipline. InVictorian times, women were chaperoned by family and friends so that they were not tempted to give up their chastity.
edit on 29-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Perhaps they would have stayed and listened if he hadn't been so harsh.

Maybe, were it not that walked out at bible.

....you had me at hello....

....you lost me at bible.....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname

Funny you should say that.

The only constant throughout history is that the christians have been the prosecutors.

How I live my life? I'm not gay, I just hate intolerance, hypocrisy and stupidity.

Bullying you, lady please, it's not you I'm after, it's your statements.

Actually the early days of Christianity, yes they were persecuted.
en.wikipedia.org...

and in many countries today there is much persecution of Christians.

Perhaps the gravest under-publicized atrocity in the world is the persecution of Christians. A comprehensive Pew Forum study last year found that Christians are persecuted in 131 countries containing 70 percent of the world’s population, out of 197 countries in the world (if Palestine, Taiwan, South Sudan, and the Vatican are included). Best estimates are that about 200 million Christians are in communities where they are persecuted. There is not the slightest question of the scale and barbarity of this persecution, and a little of it is adequately publicized. But this highlights the second half of the atrocity: the passivity and blasé indifference of most of the West’s media and governments.
www.nationalreview.com...
It is not generally appreciated that over 100,000 Christians a year are murdered because of their faith.

I haven't made any statements that merit attacks.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

But in case you didn't know it, Christinity does not believe in stoning women either, as Jesus confronted people attacking a woman and said let whoever has not sinned cast the first stone. This is a basic teaching and those kids know it. Therefore they do not condone stoning women as Savage suggests.

Bam , busted. This shows your blatant ignorance.

This was the whole point. He said that if that part of the bible is not accepted, then why are the parts about homosexuality stillaccepted, that's what he said.

And this is just the ignorance that walking out and not being willing to listen, breeds.

Thank you so much for proving my point.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join