It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Well you see how well respecting is going with the troll in the thread right?

Yet sofar I have only seen christians calling people people names like troll, douchebag, meathead, buttface, and you did nothing to condemn it and even did so yourself.

Sofar I didn't call anyone names.

What does that tell you about respect and being respectfull?

Ah well. Have you found out anything yet about the walk outs? I have tried looking but I am coming up with nothing so far myself.

And what do you expect to find? That they all had a dentist appointment they forgot about and somehow remembered when the word bible was uttered?
edit on 29-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Well you see how well respecting is going with the troll in the thread right? LOL. Ah well. Have you found out anything yet about the walk outs? I have tried looking but I am coming up with nothing so far myself.

Yes I did find a quote from one of the girls and a comment from a teacher that said if it had been a teacher talking like that they would have been suspended, but I would have to go back and look for the link.
edit on 023030p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by yuppa

And don't say christians are not forcing their views, they are actively trying to stop people getting married, Very simple again, no matter what excuses you come up with.
edit on 29-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

There is the Rub. Christians are not always Christians.

Im starting to fall in love with this thoery that Christianity has been thoroughly infiltrated by fake christians, sounds like you guys have a serious issue there, maybe you should focus your attentions on those within your own ranks who are the perpetual blame for all of christianities bad apples....its almost like you believe that a true believer is infallible. They just would not hate someone, a TRUE Christian would NEVER even think of harming a homosexual, right?

I bet you believe you're the only group that has this unique dilemma and that you deserve a special consideration as well, unlike some damned f**got, right?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Climax

Climax, as children growing up we are taught in the ways of Christianity, and there are multiply sects, some continue to seek for answers and truths, many churches today are social clubs.

I don't think it took very long for the teachings of Christ to be twisted.

But what do I know?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I am real in here.

Peacemaker? I am not at war, I'm in a discussion, just like you guys.

Thats not how they see it. You hear it all the time now, "The War on Christianity"
Another poster summed it up nicely early on in the thread, but Christians are whipping themselves into a frenzy, believing that there is a "War" on against them.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I only wish it were so. There are increasing studies that show the correlation between the rise of the Christian Right and the decline of many metrics of our civil society

I would love for you to explain this further. What metrics are in decline due to the "Christian Right"? Please be specific and give reasons why you believe that specific metric is in decline. Can you make it 3 paragraphs?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Climax

I am real in here.

Thats not how they see it. You hear it all the time now, "The War on Christianity"
Another poster summed it up nicely early on in the thread, but Christians are whipping themselves into a frenzy, believing that there is a "War" on against them.

bing.com
war

1.armed fighting between groups: a period of hostile relations between countries, states, or factions that leads to fighting between armed forces, especially in land, air, or sea battles
2.period of armed fighting: a period of armed conflict between countries or groups
3.methods of warfare: the techniques or the study of the techniques of armed conflict

Synonyms: conflict, combat, warfare, fighting, confrontation, hostilities, battle

There is war in the world, justified or not. You seem to know a bit of the trade, intimidation is a tool, you use it well enough it just might work for your cause.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Climax

Climax, as children growing up we are taught in the ways of Christianity, and there are multiply sects, some continue to seek for answers and truths, many churches today are social clubs.

I don't think it took very long for the teachings of Christ to be twisted.

But what do I know?

Well maybe there is a Christian "War" going on then. An internal moral war, one almost certainly lost.
This fight over a homosexuals choice of words is not the battle You should be fighting at all then, is it?

All True Christians need to be fighting the battle to save their own belief system, and that means engaging the False Christians.

Your battle isnt with anyone else other than with eachother.
Wheres the rally cry for that? Where is the banner for the True Christian, does it even exist? Nope, because the bible is so flawed that there is just a bunch of individuals with their own ideas. Its so vague its almost as, there is none True because it was never Real to begin with.

Im sure you know alot more than you give yourself credit for. Its your choices that you're unsure of, or rather the "Why?".
As you said, "growing up we are taught the ways," and as I have mentioned way earlier in this thread, this is "Causality."

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
When I wonder why there is so much hate/intolerance for others, I watch this

But at least one chimp showed empathy and care for the victim, we have hope.

edit on 29-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

I am real in here.

bing.com
war

1.armed fighting between groups: a period of hostile relations between countries, states, or factions that leads to fighting between armed forces, especially in land, air, or sea battles
2.period of armed fighting: a period of armed conflict between countries or groups
3.methods of warfare: the techniques or the study of the techniques of armed conflict

Synonyms: conflict, combat, warfare, fighting, confrontation, hostilities, battle

There is war in the world, justified or not. You seem to know a bit of the trade, intimidation is a tool, you use it well enough it just might work for your cause.

So you agree that it is rediculous to call it a war? There are no armed forces involved at all. It clearly states that being armed is a requirment for war.
Knowing how to read, it seems, isn't a requirment of being christian.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Climax

Atheists and communists have been waging war since the rise of Marxism. All one has to do is look to the Bolshevik Revolution and the actions of the Soviet Politburo to know that the Marxist concept that "religion is the opiate of the masses" and therefore must be eliminated for communism to take root was completely prevalent and used extensively.
But don't just take my word for it. Try the words of Soviet leader Gorbachev, and even Lenin

As Mikhail Gorbachev aptly stated, the Soviet communist state carried out a comprehensive “war on religion.” 1 He lamented that the Bolsheviks, his predecessors, even after the civil war ended in the early 1920s, during a time of “peace,” had “continued to tear down churches, arrest clergymen, and destroy them. This was no longer understandable or justifiable. Atheism took rather savage forms in our country at that time.” 2

The Soviet Union, reflective of the communist world as a whole, was openly hostile to religion and officially atheist; it was not irreligious or unreligious, with no stance on religion, but took the position that there was no God.

The roots of this hatred and intolerance of religion lie in the essence of communist ideology. Marx dubbed religion the “opiate of the masses,” and opined that, “Communism begins where atheism begins.” 3 Speaking on behalf of the Bolsheviks in his famous October 2, 1920 speech, Lenin stated matter-of-factly: “We do not believe in God.” Lenin insisted that “all worship of a divinity is a necrophilia.” 4 He wrote in a November 1913 letter that “any religious idea, any idea of any God at all, any flirtation even with a God is the most inexpressible foulness … the most dangerous foulness, the most shameful ‘infection.’” James Thrower of the University of Virginia (a Russia scholar and also a translator) says that in this letter the type of “infection” Lenin was referring to was venereal disease. 5
“There can be nothing more abominable than religion,” wrote Lenin in a letter to Maxim Gorky in January 1913. 6 On December 25, 1919, Christmas Day, Comrade Lenin issued the following order, in his own writing: “To put up with ‘Nikola’ [the religious holiday] would be stupid—the entire Cheka must be on the alert to see to it that those who do not show up for work because of ‘Nikola’ are shot.” 7 Under Lenin, this was not an isolated occurrence.

Along with Trotsky, Lenin became involved in the creation of groups with names like the Society of the Godless, also known as the League of the Militant Godless, which was responsible for the dissemination of anti-religious propaganda in the USSR. 8

www.globalmuseumoncommunism.org...

The Humanist Manifesto is also a document which seeks to replace the concept of God as the ultimate authority and Absolute Truth with that of man as god with a doctrine of moral relativity. They have sought to establish this doctrine in the educational systems of the world.

Today, it tends to be more a war of ideas rather than being shot by the Politburo or KGB for your belief.
edit on 29-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You mean today people with agendas try and play the word game to trick others there are direct threats against them so that they react by begging for a solution, which has been prepared.

The False Christians are tricking you into looking at outside forces as hostile so that you are too preoccupied to notice the infiltration that is going on behind your backs.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

They walked away at the word "bible"

Thank goodness we still have a right to walk out of a bible-bashing lecture if we so choose. Under communist rule that might change. Don't take your liberties for granted.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Thank goodness we still have a right to walk out of a bible-bashing lecture if we so choose. Under communist rule that might change. Don't take your liberties for granted.

Yep its your right to be willfully ignorant, but dont expect people to think highly of you for it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Yep its your right to be willfully ignorant, but dont expect people to think highly of you for it.

You've missed the point entirely. But I am not surprised. Please see my post about how atheists have deliberately tried to eliminate religion for the cause of communism.

By the way, as a matter of historical perspective, Harry Hay was a member of the communist party.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Climax

I am trying to not fight any battles, climax, live and let live.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You mean today people with agendas try and play the word game to trick others there are direct threats against them so that they react by begging for a solution, which has been prepared.

The False Christians are tricking you into looking at outside forces as hostile so that you are too preoccupied to notice the infiltration that is going on behind your backs.

That's hilarious, but carry on. I am not subject unto false Christianity. Only a fool would ignore the real historical actions of the outright and deliberate oppression of Christianity and the Church by communists and then suggest hostile forces are a mere trickery of the mind. Perhaps you could pick up a history book, or perhaps the true story as chronicled by Alexsander Solzhenitsyn in his book,"The Gulag Archipelago".

Even wikipedia tells it like it is

Before and after the October Revolution of November 7, 1917 (October 25 Old Calendar) there was a movement within the Soviet Union to unite all of the people of the world under Communist rule (see Communist International). This included the Eastern European bloc countries as well as the Balkan States. Communism as interpreted by Lenin and his successors in the Soviet government required the abolition of religion and to this effect the Soviet government launched a long-running campaign to eliminate religion from society.[1] Since some of these Slavic states tied their ethnic heritage to their ethnic churches, both the peoples and their church where targeted by the Soviet.[2][3]

Very soon after the October Revolution, the campaign to end religion, and more specifically, Christianity and Judaism began. In 1920 the White Sea camp was opened on the grounds of a once Russian Orthodox Monastery. At this camp which took mainly Orthodox and Catholic priests, the prototype for other Soviet camps was revealed. The camp began to exterminate those who would not bend to state.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

Do you know what the term "exterminate" means? Yes, it happened to Christians and Jews alike.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Ever hear of "outgroup homogeneity"? Its the psychological tendency to imagine that the "other" is more the same than it really is. Doesn't matter what "other" you are talking about.

So, fans of sports-group X tend to think that fans of sports-group Y are "all the same." People in one nation think those in another are more similar than they really are. And - germane to our thread - non-Christians tend to think Christians are more alike and homogeneous as a group than they really are. And visa-versa, of course.

Something worth remembering, whichever side of the issue you come down on.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Don't take your liberties for granted.

I agree

I watched the rise and fall of the third Reich last night, and in the end everyone loses.

It seems to me this is another us vs them, instead of everyone vs tyranny.

A house divided against itself cannot stand.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Ever hear of "outgroup homogeneity"?

No, I never heard of that TY, people always lumping everyone into the same category.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join