It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

“I thought this would be about anti-bullying,” Tuttle told Fox news. “It turned into a pointed attack on Christian beliefs.”

They invited a guy to do an antibullying speech, and he kicks it off by ridiculing a group of people's beliefs. Bullying includes ridiculing people's beliefs......

It's not ridiculing as much as pointing out the discrepancies in what one "believes" in. If you are going to believe in the old testament of the Bible, then you are a hypocrite if you don't believe EVERYTHING in the old testament, right? That means you have to believe in stoning women and slavery (and not eating shellfish, and not cutting your hair, and not wearing clothing with 2 different fibers, etc, etc.). Because as Dan Savage pointed out, all the scripture against homosexuality is in the old testament, along with all that other stuff. Of course, no one really believes in all that other stuff. Being against homosexuality is not really people's religious belief, it's people's prejudice and homophobia. Religion is used (or misused) to justify that prejudice. Why is it considered bullying to point this out?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Unless the kids in the audience were ranting about it (or to use your example: had 'God hates fags badges on their shirts'): then your example and the other member's still makes no sense, IMHO.

I won't even pretend to know what this guy has been through. No doubt he has his defense mechanisms on high alert and has built a protective wall around himself. Having homosexual loved ones, I've seen what they have had to go through.

However, when you are campaigning for a cause on a national level, it's good to not engage in the type of behavior that has hurt you. Break the cycle and do not use what could have been a beautiful opportunity to engage in the behavior you are fighting for.

It ruins your message.

Not sure how to say it more plainly than that. I'm already sounding redundant! lol

edit on 4/28/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

Not to worry Ash I got your back and these Christian bashers have met thier match with LJB.
They are PURE DUMB ASS.
later ljbg

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
reply to post by korathin

People don't understand the Gospel of Jesus, most Christians don't even understand it.

Ohhh go on then I'll ask - "And you do I suppose ?" And once again I'll ask Who exactly, made you an authority"?"

Me, Myself and I.

Like I keep saying, rule of psychopaths just ain't gonna cut it for yous anymore. I believe that I am right and your totally wrong, in regards to this issue. I may not be a perfect human being, but that doesn't matter because I am totally apathetic towards your thoughts, opinions, hopes and dreams.

The simple fact is you and your ilk are actively interfering in the society I want, thus my apathy turns to hostility.

"Most people don't care till you make them care."

There is only one thing that keeps 97% of Christians.

Fear.

The condemnation, the judgement, the advocacy of coercion as you are doing here. All of it. You are terrified out of your minds, on a continual basis.

I'm truthfully not sure why I keep trying to communicate with any of you. You won't listen to me, because you can't. The fear of Hell, of Satan, and of the end of the world won't let you. You won't see that your religion is a cage, and that there is an entire universe that exists outside it. I couldn't see that either, until I finally decided to go through said fear; and I'm still not completely on the other side of it yet. You are going to condemn me for what I'm writing right now, and it is going to hurt me.

You live and think and behave in a way that is diametrically opposed to that of Jesus Christ, most of you; the man you claim to be adherents of. As I said, the condemnatory vitriol that I know you are going to spew at me in response to this post, will prove that. Christians are nothing if not predictable.

Realise that you have been lied to. Pauline Christianity is a complete lie. Stop being literally, and continually, berserk with fear.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Offering an opposing view backed up by logic and reason is not derailing the thread;

yawn... it this all you have? repeating yourself over and over...

you do not have logic nor reason nor tolerance, if that is not obvious to the atheists who do not know Jesus (he is all the same Jesus btw) then I will have to strap my boots on yet again...

your voices of reason serves one purpose only and that is to cause disharmony and chaos amongst all Christians only, atheistic logic and reason does not know anything else, which is obvious too

I will side with the homosexuals and naysayers in this particular subject topic as it now stands... and I have a song I sing

ahem, ahem, ...clears throat -- readies sword

Thine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord:
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword:
His truth is marching on.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risqman
Dan Savage is obviously a Gay anti-straight idiot.
These types of people are the worst since they talk about how badly they are discriminated against because of being gay but don't offer the same tolerance.
"I've been wronged so I'll do the same" type of mentality shows just how un-evolved he really is.
Same type who if he found out he had AIDS, would probably try to infect as many straight or BI individuals as he could so he could have everyone in the same damn boat as he would be.
I like how people quote how they think the Bible is stupid and pick OLD TESTAMENT books to use as examples, when in fact Jesus mentioned more than once about disregarding many of the OLD Practices in the OT because we no longer needed to do sacrifices and a whole bunch of other things that dumbass Dan Savage doesn't recall because it doesn't fit him bashing the Bible and being intolerant.

What makes him Anti-strait, what he is, is anti hypocrisy, and anti pseudo-christian hater. He did not attack real Christians, what he did is point out the hypocrisy displayed by those that masquerade as "christians" to hide their hatred.

WOW, talk about an "ad hominem" attack against someone!

Same type who if he found out he had AIDS, would probably try to infect as many straight or BI individuals as he could so he could have everyone in the same damn boat as he would be.

Because he is fighting to stop bullying, and for gay rights, he would pass on AIDS? First off, you are a fool, AIDS is caused by HIV, you get infected by HIV, which may or may not lead to you getting aids. I a willing to bet, without GOGGLE, you could not tell us what AIDS, or HIV are the acronyms for, you are simply ignorant.

Again, another person who brings up the "New Covenant" argument, well, please tell your bigoted friends that if the Old Laws no longer apply, then forget Leviticus 18:22 please.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
That is crazy. Nice find OP. S&F for you

link   

Originally posted by Basilis
I can't believe people are so intolerant to me wanting to beat homosexuals. How dare someone tell me that the bible doesn't give me the right to own slaves and stone people.

Seriously though, was what he said wrong? He's harsh, but teenagers don't pay attention to anything unless you use foul language.

I wonder how upset these same teens would have been if he had said "we can ignore the bull# in the Qu'ran." I bet they would have all scooted closer.

But it makes sense - after all - life is a place made with magic, built by a bearded man in the clouds who's always listening to you, loves you, and "chose" you because you believe in him over all the other bearded cloud-men, and had his son killed for you, allowing you to always be right and not hear other people's opinions, or use logic and empirical evidence to determine the way of the world.

Even though that's not what the Bible says, it's what the vast majority of Christians believe. I'm not saying Christians are bad, I'm just saying people who use the Bible as an excuse and don't actually following Jesus' ideologies are bad.

Blindly following what you percieve to be the teachings of a book you haven't read is WRONG. And someone who points this out to kids is a brave soul. Even if he does it in an idiotic manner.
edit on 28-4-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Why do you pick on the Jewish History Book??? You are a anti-Semite that came he to ths thread because of you problem for what??

I don't particularly know what you are talking about.

I am not picking on any Jewish History Book (do you mean the Torah?). I am no anti-Semite. I have no problems with Jews, Muslims, Christians, or any other religion (or atheist for that matter) that can form their opinions in concise, non-hateful way.

I don't know why or how you would have gathered from anything that I have said that I am anti-Semite. If you were being sarcastic, I still didn't get it. My apologies.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

LJB says -- I think you are totally full of nonsencs and bigotry.
Oh yeah unless you can back this up with some sort of fact. not just ignorant opinion.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
Ya- all notice None, None care to take on the BRITCHES of truth.
A forked tongue is sour in the mouth of it's owner.
Anti Christianism behavior is tantamount to Anti -Semitic behavior.
You got it? Bring it. ljb

WOW, quite the attempt to derail the thread there Mr. Britches.

And who are you to declare anyone's actions to be anti-christian? Maybe, just maybe, some of us try to live as Christ did, making us Christians, but are just fed up with pseudo-christians, masquerading as followers of Christs teachings, using the Bible to spew hate and damnation.

Fair somewhat enough.
BUT by your own admission you are TOTALLY IGNORANT of folks like me that can run your BS deeper into the ground than HELL itself.

My own admission? People like me? I am totally ignorant of folks like you? My BS? What BS would that be exactly? Still trying to derail the Thread because it isn't going your way?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Put it this way. I am neither a christian, catholic, or athiest. To me that whole tirade sounded like the same tired ridiculing that zealot athiests spout all the time. They attack religion, with an air of superiority, the same way zealot christians attack gays. They both come off looking stupid and close minded to me. Nothing but petty attemps at bullying from both of them.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

“I thought this would be about anti-bullying,” Tuttle told Fox news. “It turned into a pointed attack on Christian beliefs.”

They invited a guy to do an antibullying speech, and he kicks it off by ridiculing a group of people's beliefs. Bullying includes ridiculing people's beliefs......

He was not ridiculing the Christian faith, but rather people who claim to be christian, but act like anything but a christian, using the bible as an excuse to do so. I am a Christian, and I can see that, and am not offended in any way, in fact, I totally agree with is points.

Pointing out inconsistencies and hypocrisy, is not ridiculing or bullying, if it was, the court rooms at the local law building would be a "fight club" and not the civil place it is.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
What a low down, dirty, rotten evil hypocrite!!!

Anti bullying - yet turns around during it and bullies Christians? While being gay and prone to bullying from others for his life style?

Unbelieveable. Simply unbelievable.

Talk about calling the kettle black.

Faith in humanity = - 9000

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I used simply to display what my face is like looking at your posts.

Ban me I don't care, if people think I am the true troll here, again, we've got bigger problems.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Reported for an offtopic post, using foul language, trolling, baiting, and promoting hatred. Post something worthwhile or don't post troll

Glad I got to see it while it was still up then. Made me literally laugh out loud. That was basically my thought as I read ljb post, before you posted the image. Made my day.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join