It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
One does not even have to look at homosexuals demanding to get married to understand the morals and laws and culture is being destroyed.
Divorce and the decline in people not getting married is worse.
Massive massive debt that has grown because of lies.We are suppose to pay off are debt is more corruption gone wrong.
Greed is taking over badly.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by Garfee

It always works for me and I am sad that you had to ask that question.

So am I.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
The guy cannot even get through a few sentences without cursing and using the F-Word.
WHY?

What video were you watching? Clearly not the one about his speech at the conference, he does not use the "F" word once in it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

This stuff goes on all over the internet with people just like this guy bullying christians and making fun of them and pretending like they don't do it.
These people must have some kind of rebellion towards parents who where to strict with christian principals or something or bad christians because I never witness the christians I know do any of this crap.This guy sounds like He is just angry.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

If you think pointing out inconsistencies in how people interpret and follow Christ's teachings are bullying, you are doomed to a sad life. Someone disagreeing with you, or pointing out hypocrisy in your actions or words, is not bullying you, so sad that you think it is.

link   

One does not even have to look at homosexuals demanding to get married to understand the morals and laws and culture is being destroyed.
Divorce and the decline in people not getting married is worse.
Massive massive debt that has grown because of lies.We are suppose to pay off are debt is more corruption gone wrong.
Greed is taking over badly.

Yep, it's the homosexuals that are the problem

link   
reply to post by Clearskies

I live in the South. I've attended southern Christian churches. I have seen entire gay bashing sermons. One pastor stated in his sermon one Sunday that "if we allow gay marriage, what do we allow next? Is it okay for pedophiles to sleep with children because it's love for someone else? For people into bestiality, is that okay?" I suppose he believes that comparing what two consenting adults do to harming a child (and potentially altering that child's sexual attitude for life) or harm to an animal that has no way to consent and sometimes dies in the process, is exactly the same thing.

I've also seen southern Christian preachers preach out against women with short hair and women that wear pants, tattoos, interracial relationships, etc. and I've not been to 30+ churches in my life. You've been fortunate, I guess.

You also say that you don't want your children to be abused while in HS, and that's your right. Well, no argument with you there, but how is someone expressing an opinion verbally, abusing your child? If your child or you are strong enough in your faith, then you shouldn't be bothered by the words of another individual.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Be thou hot or be thou cold, be thou Luke warm and I will spew thee from my mouth.
I watched the first video
I would like to elaborate but,
I need to go back to the porcelain alter in my bathroom and spew some more

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Did he happen to mention that after jesus died on the cross that the Old testament rules were almost all rendered null? I do not think he said anything about that. If so then he needs to re think his whole speiel.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by kaylaluv

How about using civility instead? How about treating other people in the manner in which you would like to be treated?

Yes, how about that? How about allowing gays to be married, as heterosexuals are able to do?

www.kaldaya.net...

How about not bullying a gay teen because he is gay, because no one likes to be bullied?

today.msnbc.msn.com...

How about not trying to get someone fired because they're gay, because no one wants to be fired from their job because of who they love?

newsfeed.time.com...

It's only human nature to get a little angry when this stuff is going on. I don't blame Dan Savage for getting angry. Yes, he could have handled it better, but I think he has a right to be angry.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Perhaps if we demanded the media and our political leaders to tone down the rhetoric and behave in a civil fashion we would not be having this discussion at all. Maybe as adults we could all model this kind of behavior for our children and they would learn that getting in people's faces is not ok. I grew up with the understanding that actions speak louder than words, and that love is the highest form of action.

I never thought I'd see the day when a call for civility was met with skepticism and even disdain.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

Are morals truly decaying, or are we just more aware of it now because we hear about it on the news, the internet, the newspapers, etc. more now?

If you've read The Bible, and I'm assuming you have based on your posts (which is fine, btw, no criticism from me) then you should know that morals haven't really changed all that much. Seems there were just as many homosexuals, prostitutes, murderers, and temptation in general back then, as there are today. There are just more people today in general, and more plugged in, so there are more of everything (bad and good) today.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
reply to post by LDragonFire

I agree, it was likely staged, nobody can tell me that they didn't know that a gay rights and anti-bullying activist was not going to bring up the fact that many who try to pass themselves off as Christians use the Bible, specifically Leviticus, as a justification to abuse and bully other people. If they actually didn't realize it would come up, they would have to be terribly ignorant about their own faith, or just plain stupid. This is also why just mere seconds after the mention of the bible, they were walking out in manufactured outrage, with those smiles on their faces and laughing with their friends.

You betcha. It was totally planned beforehand. They weren't leaving because he said a bad word. They knew no matter what he said, whenever he mentioned the Bible, that was their cue to walk out. They were coached by someone, no doubt.
edit on 28-4-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

Having an opinion against the lifestyle and "abusing" people are two different things. You can choose to not like Christianity and talk to your friends about it, but not abuse someone.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

You my dear are preaching to the choir, except for the notion that anger is an effective response.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
His tone was insulting, but nobody can deny the main message, which is that it's not ok to cherry pick stuff from the Bible. If you use it to bash gays, then also stone to death women who are not virgins on their wedding night. That and all the thousands of other things you're currently not complying with

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Why should it be limited to only talking to your friends about it?

Christians preach to everyone. Some go door to door (most of the time unwarranted, or asked) to get people to change their opinion. I know several Christian missionaries. Why is it that when Christians are telling their opinion- no matter how hateful, bigoted or abusive their message is, it's justified because they're trying to change people for the better?

Why is it abuse when any other religion or non-religious person talks bad (or in some cases, simply disagree) about Christians/Christianity?

I am secure in my faith. I don't feel a war on my beliefs is going on, nor do I feel abused when someone shares their opinion. I can certainly think their way of presenting their beliefs is crass, but to feel abused by simply hearing their message doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

which Christian denomination/faith is it aimed at?

last time I checked I lost count how many branches of Christianity there were.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Learn how to be a jackass and get paid for it!
The Dan Savage way - get your dvd today for $19.95 + S&H or burn a bible and get one free!

:
icks jaw up from floor::
Talk about an intolerant bigot, he takes the cake.
I wish I had been in the audience as I wouldn't have let him off so easily as those walking out.
He did show how to bully and his excuse for an apology rang so hollow it was ridiculous.

WHERE IS THE LOVE DAN? WHERE IS THE LOVE?

This guy is so full of it, how he had to "suffer" for his sexuality and tries to come off as some kind of "martyr".
And I'm sure those kids really care what your partner looks like in a Speedo.
Color me APPALLED.

Funded by our taxes is it?
edit on 28-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Having an opinion against the lifestyle and "abusing" people are two different things. You can choose to not like Christianity and talk to your friends about it, but not abuse someone.

And to add - you're right. Having an opinion and abuse are two different things. Yet I've seen and read about gay people being physically abused simply because they're gay, and sometimes it's done by people who proclaim to be Christians.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
pro-Gay agenda of hatred and intolerance

!

So the "pro-gay" people are the intolerant ones?

Now I've heard everything.
edit on 28-4-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join