It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here we have yet another example of how thinly-veiled hate against Christians goes under the guise of "tolerance" and "anti-hate."

This speaker is a hateful person, and I applaud the young people who stood up and walked out on his vulgar, inappropriate tirade.

If you set yourself up as a voice of tolerance, you have a special obligation to be tolerant to everyone, even those you disagree with.

It is more obvious than ever that Christians are under attack. If you don't bow down to the anti-Christian, pro-Gay agenda of hatred and intolerance that goes under the doublespeak-false-colors of "anti-bullying," you will be ostracised

Fortunately today's kids are smarter than that! They see through the intolerance and hate! Good for them for tuning their back on Dan Savage - an apt name if there ever was one!

As many as 100 high school students walked out of a national journalism conference after an anti-bullying speaker began cursing, attacked the Bible and reportedly called those who refused to listen to his rant “pansy asses.”

The speaker was Dan Savage, founder of the “It Gets Better” project, an anti-bullying campaign that has reached more than 40 million viewers with contributors ranging from President Obama to Hollywood stars. Savage also writes a sex advice column called “Savage Love.”

Savage, and his husband, were also guests at the White House for President Obama’s 2011 LGBT Pride Month reception. He was also invited to a White House anti-bullying conference.

Savage was supposed to be delivering a speech about anti-bullying at the National High School Journalism Conference sponsored by the Journalism Education Association and the National Scholastic Press Association. But it turned into an episode of Christian-bashing.

Rick Tuttle, the journalism advisor for Sutter Union High School in California, was among several thousand people in the audience. He said they thought the speech was one thing – but it turned into something else.

“I thought this would be about anti-bullying,” Tuttle told Fox news. “It turned into a pointed attack on Christian beliefs.”

Tuttle said a number of his students were offended by Savage’s remarks – and some decided to leave the auditorium.

“It became hostile,” he said. “It felt hostile as we were sitting in the audience – especially towards Christians who espouse beliefs that he was literally taking on.”

Tuttle said the speech was laced with vulgarities and “sexual innuendo not appropriate for this age group.” At one point, he said Savage told the teenagers about how good his partner looked in a speedo.

More at SOURCE

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Anti bullying guy bullying people.

Crazy!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Dan Savage: (NOT his rant) ... but he does curse ... so is this it, or just an example of his rhetoric???

Counter 1:17... And I quote: "I read the Bible cover to ____ing cover". (fill in the blank with bad word)

edit on 27-4-2012 by ILikeStars because: add stuff.

+38 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This government-wide anti-bullying campaign has a hidden agenda.

To silence, supress freedom of thought, of expression excluding the more politically correct ideologies.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
This government-wide anti-bullying campaign has a hidden agenda.

To silence, supress freedom of thought, of expression excluding the more politically correct ideologies.

WEll said beezzer
You know I am obligated to this sentence. lol
the best ljb

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I believe this is the video of the conference in question...the guy has an agenda, to be sure. And I personally think he handled his speech wrong - he has no right to get upset or mock those people who walked out; he was being intentionally aggressive and spiteful toward something in a way that had nothing to do with the topic at hand.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Holodomor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
He seems to rant anti-Christian.

He looks American ?

Is he some kind of Muslim ?

What's his religion / ethnic background ?

He sure talks big and bold.

Wonder how much he makes a year for all this ?

If he talks the talk, maybe he needs to hear the talk from somebody else.

I wonder how "sensitive" he Really is ?

Will he whine loud if insulted ?

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'd say that the principal of the school should've immediately invited him to leave just based on his language alone. But we all know who owns the schools of America. This is the face of tolerance, people. Letting a grown man stand up at your school and curse at your children. Then make fun of them.

Guess it takes a cowardly, POS bully to teach about them. I'd have slapped him in face a few times and showed him how a real man takes care of bullies.

/TOA

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Everyone has their right to opinion. However, values and morals should still be applied to any conference event. Today, it looks as if all morals and values have been thrown out the window. Those kids did the right thing by leaving. The speaker should of respected the kid's religious views while giving an appropriate respectful speech on his views.

The event organizer should of stepped in and asked him to leave. No reason for any such behavior, especially from an adult.

edit on 28-4-2012 by denya11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Huh.....does this remind anyone of a certain South Park Episode?

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

He looks American ?

So every non-christian white person is a muslim? Why did that question even come into your mind? Have you ever thought some people just aren't religious?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

He looks American ?

So every non-christian white person is a muslim? Why did that question even come into your mind? Have you ever thought some people just aren't religious?

Process of elimination.

btw, you missed the point.

so we can check off Muslim and ?? what else ?

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

He looks American ?

Process of elimination.

btw, you missed the point.

so we can check off Muslim and ?? what else ?

You want to use process of elimination when there are over 4000 religions? What point could you possibly have?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

You want to use process of elimination when there are over 4000 religions? What point could you possibly have?

Absolutely.

One by One if necessary.

As a rule, people who criticize and lambast specific religions are usually of a different religion, and on the fanatical side of it as well, whatever it happens to be.

Once exposed, other members of that religion can either defend or reject him.
They have that right.

The financial agenda needs to be exposed also.

I doubt this is a charity event.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I don't care who he insulted, but the minute he started cursing and insulting anyone, the principal should have stopped him. Period.

It baffles me that a motivational speaker with a student audience would use such foul language and insult anyone. It's almost as if he were drunk.

If my child had been subjected to this, I'd be furious and someone would have a lot of explaining to do.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Speaking of tolerance. You know how homosexuals (commonly and disappropriately called gays - and I say that because they are afraid of what they are..), you know how they slam say Christians for being intolernant and bigotted...???

Has any non homoseuxal visited a 'gay' websire and read what they actaully say about those who would dare to disagree with them..?

Not only are they revealed as intolerant and biggotted in an extreme sense they reveal a lot more than that...!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Process of elimination would eliminate all the world's major religions pretty quickly, including Islam.

The dude is a radical homosexual. Whether you want to consider his faith a "religion" or not is a matter of semantics. He's all about being Gay, and eveything in his world revolves around using his identity to extract goodies (including praise and fame as well as money) by weilding the weapons of guilt induction and thinly-veiled threats of ostracism to those who don't toe his line. It's nasty, nasty stuff alright but no need to drag the Muslims into it. They have other forms of blood on their hands to be sure, but in this particular battle the enemy is different.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Speaking of tolerance. You know how homosexuals (commonly and disappropriately called gays - and I say that because they are afraid of what they are..), you know how they slam say Christians for being intolernant and bigotted...???

Has any non homoseuxal visited a 'gay' websire and read what they actaully say about those who would dare to disagree with them..?

Not only are they revealed as intolerant and biggotted in an extreme sense they reveal a lot more than that...!!!!!!!

Gross generalization. You can't judge all based on one group's website.

Otherwise, folks might get the idea that all Christians are of the Westboro ilk.

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I've personally experienced extreme psychological abuse from Christians, over a span of years. It genuinely does happen. As a group, they are often in a permanent state of being literally berserk with fear, and they can take that out on virtually anyone they come across.

With that said, I do not advocate attacking them. I'm aware that in purely human terms, it can be extremely tempting to do so at times, but we need to rise above that.

The most effective form of revenge that anyone can take against Christians, for their abusive behaviour, is to be a more consistent and effective emulator of the behaviour of the man they claim to follow, than they themselves are.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

edit on 4/28/2012 by silent thunder because: error, sorry

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join