It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I remixed Calvin Harris Feat. NEYO for a competition, what do you think??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Calvin Harris - Lets Go

I would like some constructive criticism for this track I remixed, breakbeats, featuring NeYo and Bree from W&W's Nowhere to go track..... enjoy

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Hell yeah!!! Me want more....what are you mixing on?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This competition allows copyright infringements? Serious question, just wondering.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
When the snare drops in at about 1 min it is way to loud say about 3 upwards dB

The pad sound that being use as like a kinda stab at the beginning is a couple of dB to loud if that mabey 1/1.5, but I
would put some width on them and some fairly heavy eq.

There is a layered sound at about 2 mins, sounds like a detuned saw that sounds like it should be distorted and eq'd a bit.

2:48 there is a clap that could be a few dB higher in the mix.

Also i would have a lot more things on the master buss, but I like to master my own stuff.

apart from that sounds banging.

P.S what i said is just my opion and i dont think your crap at mixing or making music, I'm just saying how i would do it.
edit on 27-4-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Would that be in relation to the 'nowhere to go' acapella by Bree??? I have a version that doesn't have that acapella....

Other than that not sure what you're talking about as there's an official remix for the track... online version is here..

Calvin Harris - Lets go Official Competition

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

AWESOME feedback exactly what i needed...

I'm actually quite new to remixing and producing, but yeah thats good advice, not sure what these 'return tracks' are in ableton......

Cheers will look into it and see if I can do a better job at it

OH btw.... whats 'mastering'??? Feeling silly asking, but as i said quite new to remixing and producing... all amaturish stuff.... cheers in advance

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Hell yeah!!! Me want more....what are you mixing on?

Thanks Chrismicha.... Much appreciated, i'm using an iMac and ableton live for the software

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty

AWESOME feedback exactly what i needed...

I'm actually quite new to remixing and producing, but yeah thats good advice, not sure what these 'return tracks' are in ableton......

Cheers will look into it and see if I can do a better job at it

OH btw.... whats 'mastering'??? Feeling silly asking, but as i said quite new to remixing and producing... all amaturish stuff.... cheers in advance

So a send/Return.

A return track is also called Send or Buss's or Aux which is short for Auxiliary. They all pretty much do the same thing.

There's really only two basic rules to remember:
1) You SEND signals OUT to an IN, INPUT, or RETURN.
2) What you SEND OUT must eventually RETURN to another mixer channel or you won't make any noise.

So say if you have a few things that you want to have a Reverb or Delay on say 10 audio track's/sample's out of 20 then instead of using 10 Reverb or Delays you can just use one Reverb or delay on the Return and then just send the Signal to them. If you want me to go into it a bit more I would be happy to explain!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

No need to feel silly mate, We all start at the beginning at some point

What's Mastering?

Well basically once you have mixed down a track (which is what mixing engineers do) and you have a final file, have you notice is don't really sound like something you would hear on the radio? you noticed it need that extra bit of sheen that almost professional Polish to be put on it to make it sound Radio ready?

That is what mastering dose. it is basically putting things as loud and possible and making them sound phat and pumping and making sure that the same song sounds phat. No matter if your listening in a car or a huge club, Mastering engineers try to make it sound clean and polish so it will sound good on all good audio systems.

That's basically what they do in layman's terms.

P.S if you want me to give your track a quick master I will give it a go. but I'm no pro but I am pretty good, I'll let you decide if you up for it?

edit on 28-4-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity

So a send/Return.

A return track is also called Send or Buss's or Aux which is short for Auxiliary. They all pretty much do the same thing.

There's really only two basic rules to remember:
1) You SEND signals OUT to an IN, INPUT, or RETURN.
2) What you SEND OUT must eventually RETURN to another mixer channel or you won't make any noise.

So say if you have a few things that you want to have a Reverb or Delay on say 10 audio track's/sample's out of 20 then instead of using 10 Reverb or Delays you can just use one Reverb or delay on the Return and then just send the Signal to them. If you want me to go into it a bit more I would be happy to explain!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

No need to feel silly mate, We all start at the beginning at some point

What's Mastering?

Well basically once you have mixed down a track (which is what mixing engineers do) and you have a final file, have you notice is don't really sound like something you would hear on the radio? you noticed it need that extra bit of sheen that almost professional Polish to be put on it to make it sound Radio ready?

*snip*

Definity, I'd most appreciate the mastering please, i didn't know about the return, so i can basically 'clump' 10 tracks into the return and then put a filter on the return track???

awesome was wondering how do to do that...

OK thats a go on the mastering, (how do you do it btw..... i have ableton)

and also I just made this one here...

Doctor P Feat. Genna G - NEON (Celestial Knight Remix)

Let me know what you think of that one too... and remastered IF it needs it (which im sure it does) lol

Need a good tutorial....... hrmmmz
edit on 12/4/28 by Im a Marty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Yeah basically, that is how a Return/Send works.

as for Mastering it's a long process to learn but il be up for telling you some of it, I PM'ed you.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

The return section in able ton is where you can put fxs like filters phasers, whatever. Then you have the send knobs on your track. labeled A B or C. You turn the send knob which sends whats playing in the track to the return fx.

Its a good way of making sure you use just one type of effect for certain tracks, rather than setting up an individual fx chain on each track.

So you need to turn the sends on the track to the return track to get the effect. Hope that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Im a Marty

The return section in able ton is where you can put fxs like filters phasers, whatever. Then you have the send knobs on your track. labeled A B or C. You turn the send knob which sends whats playing in the track to the return fx.

Its a good way of making sure you use just one type of effect for certain tracks, rather than setting up an individual fx chain on each track.

So you need to turn the sends on the track to the return track to get the effect. Hope that makes sense.

Awesome will give it a shot on my next attempt

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I found the mastering track great, was able to apply a 'Mastering Suite' effects...

Here's the new mix... sounds a lot better (added some extra bits too)

Calvin Harris Ft. Neyo - Lets Go (Celestial Knight Remix)

new topics

top topics

join