It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even if aliens *are* demons, they still deserve our compassion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I think it's awesome how the Bible, ( not Christians ) or our Heavenly Father that you walked away from.

I will communicate with you, when you are willing to respond to me on the basis of what I have actually said; rather than you claiming that I have actually said the opposite, purely in order to suit your own purposes.

Thank you also, for continuing to prove my point.
edit on 28-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Methinks the OP is clueless as to what the "aliens" agenda is. It is not a matter of being terrified and avoiding the subject altogether. It is about being informed and having a healthy respect for your enemy.

This "Timothy Treadwell" approach to demons will result in the same outcome. For those of you who don't know who Tim Treadwell was, he was the grizzly man that viewed the grizzlies as big Teddy bears. He decided to live amongst them and show them he wasn't afraid. Needless to say it didn't end well.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Here's what you said.

Said constant appeal to fear, and the degree of condemnation which I received because of my own resistance to it, was the reason why I ultimately walked away from Christianity.

Who was making this constant appeal ?
The people involved.
You walked away from Christianity ?
So I simply deduced that you walked away from your faith, your Creator, your Savior because ( as you say ) you
recieved condemnation. Condemnation from who ? Please tell me where I'm changing anything around ?
edit on 28-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I think it's awesome how the Bible, ( not Christians ) or our Heavenly Father that you walked away from. Has already warned us of these beings and thier shapeshifting capabilities. These teachings have made it to us down thrru the annals of time and you simply walk away because some ( not all ) of the people failed to suit you ?

YOU"RE GOING TO LOVE THEM ?

Don't you think you should at least try petting them first ?

Here's a thought, go to Africa and walk up to the first pride you see and just start petting all the lions. You know, give a few hugs, whatever. You will have duplicated the results.

You walked away from your Creator because of some people really ?

I wouldn't tell everybody.

Jepic

No. I see it like this. There is the known and unknown.

The known is the world in which we are living in right now. It's the only thing we can be sure exists for real.
The unknown is the "afterlife." It's a world we can attempt to talk about, yet personally it would be a waste of time because in all honesty we may as well be speaking out of our butts since we don't know a thing about that world or if it even exists.

I don't think babies have anything to do with this topic, so let's keep it on-topic.

Kingdom of heaven? I don't want to go anywhere near that place if it even exists. "Kingdom of heaven"

I wonder were you born with the knowledge you now possess of history, math, english ? I'm betting you weren't.
To gain that knowledge most turn to books about these things. This is nothing new to the world here. K ?
So the knowledge is obtainable.

edit on 28-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

The difference between history, math, english, etc.. is that it is knowledge from this world. It is knowledge we know is real.

Spirits, demons, angels, orbs, ghosts, etc... That is knowledge we don't know enough about to reach solid conclusions.

Knowledge is obtained absolutely. But the latter are things we essentially know nothing about. Not enough to speak so confidently about. To speak about these things is to claim fantasies. And claiming fantasies is a waste of time to me.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Knowledge is obtained absolutely. But the latter are things we essentially know nothing about. Not enough to speak so confidently about. To speak about these things is to claim fantasies. And claiming fantasies is a waste of time to me.

Well that's an excellent retort. Can't say I didn't expect it from you. So I can also respect it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I couldn't believe how utterly saturated with fear said video was. As I noted then, if there is one consistent characteristic of Christian interaction with people that I've noticed on ATS, it is the continual appeal to fear. FEAR, FEAR, FEAR. It's constant. It's like you're continually trying to pump the rest of us as full of it, as you apparently are.

Said constant appeal to fear, and the degree of condemnation which I received because of my own resistance to it, was the reason why I ultimately walked away from Christianity.

Friend, I so hear what you are saying! That is one glaring reason I am so against Christianity, the built in fear factor. When I went to church, I was taught to fear:
Satan
Demons (millions of them)
The Devil
Lucifer
God
Worldly Things (whatever that means)
How many fear filled Christians have read "Paradise Lost", by Milton, or "Dante's Inferno" by Dante? How many have studied books on Demonology? The first rule of warfare I believe is Know Thine Enemy.
How can anyone fear something they know not thing one about? I call this "ignorant fear." Case in point. I used to fear tornadoes, our house was almost blown away by one when I was just a boy. so, I studied the nature of tornadoes, what caused the, how they work, all about them. Now I am no longer afraid of them. I just have a great deal of respect for Mother Nature.

I believe the entire idea of Demons was invented by the Holy Roman Church before the Middle Ages. The Church had to have a strong enemy, and what better that creatures like demons?

In monotheistic religions, the deities of other religions are sometimes interpreted or created as demons. The evolution of the Christian Devil and pentagram are examples of early rituals and images that showcase evil qualities, as seen by the Christian churches.
(snip)

There are many demons in Christian demonology, many of which were added because some Christian theologians concluded that all pagan deities were demons.

Christian Demonology Wiki
So it seems to me that originally Demons were simply the Gods and Goddesses of any religion other that Christianity, but then, when Aliens became popular in the 50s, suddenly they are all Demons too. Very convenient. They wish us to believe in a being they say exist, but they also wish us to believe in these other beings too. And by the way, if an ET happens to stop by for a conversation, or your old Uncle Charlie appears to you after he died, well, it is so easy to just say, Demons!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Why would you show love to something you have never met?

Why wouldn't you?

Second.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I always love the fact that these demons have the capability to take our souls. I don't know about anyone else, but if there is a supreme intelligence/god/creator, I'm sure his plan isn't releasing hordes of demons on his own creation with an ability to take their souls regardless if those people accept or deny involvement/acceptance.

The vengeful God idea makes me distrust and analytic of many religions on this planet.

I think they should be met with skepticism. Even if at some point they come and decide to dominate or take our souls, I think the best thing anyone could to in that situation is forgive. You could always get angry, but when does getting angry and hating something made any situation better in the end?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Honestly, none of what you said makes any sense to me. It's not fair to label all christians as judgemental and unforgiving. Secondly, as far as ET I think I'd wait on the whole loving concept until their true purpose is revealed. It might be kind of hard to just love on them if they were harvesting us for dinner.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971
reply to post by petrus4

It's not fair to label all christians as judgemental and unforgiving.

I don't think you all are; just most of the ones I've known.

Also, if the aliens are going to have us for dinner, why haven't they done it yet? What's holding them back?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If a 20 foot draco is going to have you for dinner, maybe your fear is a problem, and maybe its the unconditonal love that makes the turning point in your life.

If you suddenly find yourself in a video game and a big boss moment, you might have the forsight to think WOW this is so FAKE. The world and eveyrthing is so FAKE.

And instead start to see Love everywhere. Even if your body is eaten, it shouldn't change the Love you are.

By the way, I remember one of those monitoring sessions, being aware of something negative watching. There are negative beings here, we have both sides around us, influencing and even sometimes threatening. For those who don't believe in anything, they just subconsicously wear everything without questioning it.

If you have negative thoughts occurring, and are used to herding your thoughts, like a shepherd, and turning negatives around into positives, you might be surprised, because when their game is up, they sometimes do give you threats instead, and then all of sudden you start to wonder what kind of an imagination you have, because something might be there. Its way better to be conscious.

In this case, I sensed him. I can't remember if I felt under attack or merely under monitoring. But I started telling him that he needed to make U-Turns, to not follow bad orders, to turn it around, that we all needed to be happy, that Family would never be happy if their brother/sister was living in a limited unhappy way. To start to seek. Then I was proceeding to, or going to proceed to, renounce and denounce all negativity and tell it leave in the Name of the Highest Love and Goodness in existence and Christ Yeshua.

What happened instead is this being choose to leave, he felt kind of militia, and this sorrow and regret, I always get a sense of regret when I pray for them, even when a shadow being outside where we have intense shadows from the Bush's put a graphic violent threat in my mind, that made me feel fear at being outside in the evening on my porch, I turned that around and faced my fear and sent him love, and asked for the Uturn, and felt this Tortured Regret, a strong cry for help, for he felt there was nothing that could be done. And so I prayed, for him.

But, in the bath, this man, had a strong emotional regret and then the words came clearly in my mind, "You have to go back home, pass your tests. There on the other side, remember me, and hold your hand out, help me out of this pit" (paraphrased beause word for word is gone now).

I never give up on people. So, for all we're worth, there is no one you should ever give up on.

That is not the same thing as willingly handing yourself over to be eaten. There is a serve and protect mode, standing opposed to those harming others, and being on guard duty. We'll do what we are shown and directed to as we awake but should do so with unconditional love and never give up on anyone but see them as making that UTurn.

By the way, it is pretty fake, the sides and the monster masks, really odd so much like a video game, if you think about it. Maybe they're mirrors, or masks of our fear. Unconditional love might change that whole game, then eh?

I sleep with a night light by the way. I don't like shadows.

And shadows aren't ET.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by britelite1971
reply to post by petrus4

It's not fair to label all christians as judgemental and unforgiving.

I don't think you all are; just most of the ones I've known.

Also, if the aliens are going to have us for dinner, why haven't they done it yet? What's holding them back?

Perhaps they are just waiting for the rest of the world to catch up with America's obesity rate.
Could it be that McDonalds is actually owned by ET??

On a more serious note. I am a christian but actually prefer the term believer. I do know that there are alot of judgemental and harsh christians and the unfortunate thing is that they give everyone a bad name. I think most of the christians that behave that way are the more conservative and traditional/less spiritual and more religious christians. I work with a guy like that who drives me absolutely nuts. He is constantly patting himself on the back about how rightous and good he is and judging others. I sometimes find myself saying things to him just for shock value, because his reactions are actually kind of funny.
I think it comes down to not caring what others think of us, and knowing who we are inside and out. The truth is that life is hard and we're all doing the best that we can in our own way. We should be loving and understanding towards one another and not judge anyone as we're not standing in their shoes. Perhaps the judgemental people are judging and criticizing others because it makes them feel better about themselves. The way I see it, if you have to go around telling everyone how perfect you are all the time, then how perfect are you really?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
ok this topic is weird bye.

JK. Aliens are viewed by certain Christians as a certain deception by Demons to shy people away from the truth. Demons are viewed by some people as being supernatural creatures made up to explain what they saw (aliens)
Long story short, I have yet to see a concrete source or evidence of a UFO that cannot be explained by natural phenomena

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Oh, and another thing- where is all this talk about Demons/angels taking souls coming from? Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Demons can harvest souls. Heck if it were that easy then God could just harvest all our souls and we would be his slaves.
I think that the whole Alien/UFO/Demon idea is so engraded in our minds these days we are to quick to attribute something unexplainable to one of these

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I think people often misunderstand the Christians when they talk about these supernatural things.

I often get accused of fear mongering. But in my film, I simply lay out facts and then filter it through the biblical worldview.

Plus, we don't have anything to truly fear at all.

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear but of power, of love and a sound mind" 2 Timothy 1:7

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If they are visiting entities, we should be curious.

If they are mischievous entities, we should cautious.

If they are demons, we should be very concerned!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by markuz93

Well, I've been gleaning so much information from others and some are kabbala trained and military backgrounds, and what I can gather is they think the Harvest excludes them for one thing, when it doesnt.

That we're in tests here, and they believe at the time of harvest, everything is on the line, so to speak, final exam, and that the end of reincarnation cycles for many.

That we either pass, and progress, grow bigger, and become the Guides and Teachers, or the Family, or we are eaten by the Draco side that can't grow on its own, and that the Negatives basically orchestrate the cycles/harvest and therefore those who didn't pass would shrink in size, and have to wait for other chances, recyled, reformatted and for them infinity is circles, like Groundhog Day.

At least this is kind of combining alot of different people's versions.

I think its a pile of BS.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper
If they are visiting entities, we should be curious.

If they are mischievous entities, we should cautious.

If they are demons, we should be very concerned!

The fact that these "aliens" vamooses when the abductee calls for the name of Jesus is very indicative. They certainly are not space aliens from some other planet but deceptive spirits or supernatural entities pretending to be aliens.
edit on 28-4-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

i read the first part and was like
mind = jellow
then i read the last sentance and was like oh ok. ha

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
"Responsibility without love makes us inconsiderate

Power without love makes us cruel

Belief without love makes us fanatics

Intelligence without love makes us dishonest"