It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sends F-22 Raptors to base near Iran, sources say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

US sends F-22 Raptors to base near Iran, sources say

www.globalpost.com

The US has begun deploying its most advanced stealth jet fighter, the twin-engine F-22 Raptor, to a base in the United Arab Emirates, within easy striking distance of Iran, industry sources told Aviation Week.

“The F-22 is unlike any other fighter in the world and our friends and potential adversaries know it,” an aviation industry executive told Aviation Week. “When we deployed the F-22s to Guam and Japan, everybody in Asia and the Pacific paid attention.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.aviationweek.com
www.wired.com
edit on 27-4-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I don't know if this means war or not, but the tensions sure seem to be rising. On the other hand Iran has also sent marines to the Islands near the Hormuz according to fars news and other news sources I've read today.

Hopefully this is just a show of force to face down Iran to cede it's nuclear programs. Looks like things are surely staging up for a confrontation.

www.globalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-4-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Probably a fleet of jets for sale by Obama man. He has already sold some f-15 fighters to the Saudis. So why not to the rest of the middle east.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
We are sure getting closer to a serious conflict.

Wired: US Air Force Quietly Assembling Near Iran

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
First thought that came to mind -- Obama is moving the F-22s closer to Iran for a quicker "give away". One more thing he is taking away from the Americans. He is afraid someone here will use them against him and his administration.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
much ado about nothing, they bought the jets, grossly overpaying for them in the process. What are they supposed to do, keep them in the US mainland to not offend anyone?

They already sent them to east asia, so its not like the very first ones they got immediately they sent them to Iran.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It will be a nice display, but it will never fight, it is a piece of crap aircraft. Want soemthing useful? Call in the F-16's and F-15's

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well, it sure doesn't sound like the skys of the Middle East need worry about too many Doves around for awhile. I think someone went and shot them all.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
We are sure getting closer to a serious conflict.

Wired: US Air Force Quietly Assembling Near Iran

I am not surprised this is one way you get reelected by starting a war over lies as what it was with Iraq what makes you think iran will be any different?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This sounds wrong...considering the F22 was decommissioned last year.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

The US has no intention of selling the crown jewel of the air force

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cnoland
This sounds wrong...considering the F22 was decommissioned last year.

The F-22 hasn't been decommissioned. It still remains in service and will do for decades to come.

You are thinking of the end of production.

www.flightglobal.com...

www.acc.af.mil...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
much ado about nothing, they bought the jets, grossly overpaying for them in the process. What are they supposed to do, keep them in the US mainland to not offend anyone?

They already sent them to east asia, so its not like the very first ones they got immediately they sent them to Iran.

I agree. F-22 Raptors were first deployed to United Arab Emirates in 2009.

www.acc.af.mil...

www.centaf.af.mil...

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The F-22s noted transiting through Spain on their way to the UAE during 17 April 2012

www.aviationcorner.net...

www.aviationcorner.net...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if Iran's airforce placed some planes or missiles in lets say Cuba as an example..I bet they would complain like a bunch of babies. "Mommie, the Iranians are watching us again, make them stop"

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I wonder what would happen if Iran's airforce placed some planes or missiles in lets say Cuba as an example..I bet they would complain like a bunch of babies. "Mommie, the Iranians are watching us again, make them stop"

Come on man.....

We don't have to worry about that. Iran's going to bring their Navy,3 miles away form New York ! Then you can see the new Iranian Artificial reef !

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

what missiles, what Air Force

some peoples kids, I swear

he thinks Iran is the U.S.S.R.

in fact this would be a good idea

"Honey, WWIII has been declared, I will be home for dinner"

edit on 28-4-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

But the Iranians are only making peaceful nuclear um. . . . peaceful weapons of. . . . . I mean peaceful happy weapons.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Pilots are refusing to fly that piece of junk because of oxygen concerns.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Doesn't mean a lot IMO. Iran doesn't really have an air force that would necessitate the use of a Gen-5 fighter - some F-15/16s would do the job just fine as far as air superiority is concerned...and seeing as they've (F-22s) been having some fairly major technical issues recently, I doubt they would be deployed into combat.

If you're looking for indications of imminent war, well you remember 2003 right - or 1990? It'll probably look something like that...
edit on 4-5-2012 by CaptainIraq because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join